New "crown lounge" rule

colesc15

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Do you really believe the LA or concierge will make the decision based on numbers? 

My experience when D+ were kicked out of the Concierge Lounge that numbers had nothing to do with it.  It simply became "No entrance for D+"  Period.

Yes I do. 

How do know that or is that your WAG? No biggie to us. CLs are being renamed SLs. The DLs are in much better locations on the ships we cruise on (Radiance class, Voyager class and Freedom class) and always go to the DL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

Loved the Diamond Event up in the VCL on the smaller ships! I remember listening to the Rosario Strings playing while drinking Appletini's made by Desmond. The Apps were so much better. Young Tyler loved when it was chicken wing night. Wow, long time ago, but great memories. Each cruise, from Sovereign to Majesty to Monarch the Diamond Event was our favorite HH. I remember seeing the same guy at each HH, Lord Timothy I believe was his name....

OMG...yes!  Lord Timothy and Bucky got along really well.  They were so funny together.  

Loved...loved when we were pulling into Nassau around 11:30 am for the "Upper tier" party on little Monarch.   They really did it up right with all the drinks, especially the Bloody Marys, shooters, and the really good snacks (including sushi!).   

The Diamond Event we first went to, and went to a lot after that was on Freedom in the forward Star Lounge.  Wow...we all had so much fun!  🙂  

Miss those days.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, doghog said:

Yes I do. 

How do know that or is that your WAG? No biggie to us. CLs are being renamed SLs. The DLs are in much better locations on the ships we cruise on (Radiance class, Voyager class and Freedom class) and always go to the DL. 

LOL...so now the former "DL" is a CL.  😄 

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

That would make the wording of the letter that says "based on the number of top tier members on THIS CRUISE, etc." a lie and I don't see the point of that if it's actually a fleet wide policy. We would immediately know it's a lie if it suddenly was the case on every ship and every sailing.

Give it time. I still say they didn't change the name of the lounge just because they were sitting around bored and had nothing bettet to do.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Give it time. I still say they didn't change the name of the lounge just because they were sitting around bored and had nothing bettet to do.

This was discussed a few posts back.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

There absolutely is a reason. Why else would they spend money to have new signs made?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, BND said:

There absolutely is a reason. Why else would they spend money to have new signs made?

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So your best guess, why Crown Lounge? What tier level does that identify? DL wasn't only for Diamonds. Maybe some Pinnacles were complaining about the DL name so RCG decided to spend a few bucks fleetwide on a name change. We all are paying for it. 

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

So your best guess, why Crown Lounge? What tier level does that identify? DL wasn't only for Diamonds. Maybe some Pinnacles were complaining about the DL name so RCG decided to spend a few bucks fleetwide on a name change. We all are paying for it. 

Wasn't me!!   We were not there either.  😄  We are the sneaky VCL lizards.  🦎

51 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

This was discussed a few posts back.

And I said it again because some folks are just blowing it off as meaningless. I've lived through enough of RCI's changes to know how they introduce and implement them. Maybe I'm wrong about this but I doubt it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, doghog said:

Why Crown? Because it is generic and they can use the space for whatever they want in the future without making new signs and no one group able to claim the space as "theirs".

• Like 7

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Why Crown? Because it is generic and they can use the space for whatever they want in the future without making new sign and no one group able to claim the space as "theirs".

My thinking also. I don't care what they call the lounge.  But there are some here on CC who are assuming the name change will mean Diamonds will not have access to the new Crown Lounge. 

Ohhhhh....This is all about to get very interesting for us.

Last week in August, we were on Quantum...took our daughters and sons-in-laws.  We are D+, they are all D.  Of course, we had our pre-dinner drinks every night in the Diamond Club.  No problem.  Of course, there were only 26 D+s and 6 Pinnacles on the entire ship.  220-something Diamonds.

However, our next couple of RCCL cruises (after 3 upcoming Celebrity cruises--where we are Elite Plus and they did away with the dedicated lounge awhile ago anyway) are the Europe segments of the World Cruise on Serenade next July/August.  Of course, by the time we board, there will be 930 people who will already have been on board for six months--so, if they weren't D+ before, they all will be by then.  What use will ANY dedicated lounge be when almost EVERYONE on the ship has qualifying status???  Will they bother enforcing ANYTHING?  What's the point?  We just want a nice, comfortable QUIET lounge with good service where we can have relaxing pre-dinner drinks and talk to people...

Edited by Bruin Steve

21 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Ohhhhh....This is all about to get very interesting for us.

Last week in August, we were on Quantum...took our daughters and sons-in-laws.  We are D+, they are all D.  Of course, we had our pre-dinner drinks every night in the Diamond Club.  No problem.  Of course, there were only 26 D+s and 6 Pinnacles on the entire ship.  220-something Diamonds.

However, our next couple of RCCL cruises (after 3 upcoming Celebrity cruises--where we are Elite Plus and they did away with the dedicated lounge awhile ago anyway) are the Europe segments of the World Cruise on Serenade next July/August.  Of course, by the time we board, there will be 930 people who will already have been on board for six months--so, if they weren't D+ before, they all will be by then.  What use will ANY dedicated lounge be when almost EVERYONE on the ship has qualifying status???  Will they bother enforcing ANYTHING?  What's the point?  We just want a nice, comfortable QUIET lounge with good service where we can have relaxing pre-dinner drinks and talk to people...

Maybe those folks won't attain higher status until the cruise is completed just like what happens on any other cruise?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

We just want a nice, comfortable QUIET lounge with good service where we can have relaxing pre-dinner drinks and talk to people...

For us, that's the DL. In the evening we are there from 5 to 5:45 for a couple of pre supper drinks and a light snack. We have always been able to get a seat along with excellent service. Quiet, possibly not when I'm in the DL. My wife has to keep reminding me to use my inside voice. I have no idea what the D, D+ and P numbers have been on any of our cruises. But we only cruise on the Radiance class, Voyager class and Freedom class ships. Always in the March/ April time frame in the Caribbean. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1