Flat Irons

laurieb

58 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Haven't been on Princess for 15 years.  Do they allow flat irons?  We're sailing on the Crown.  Thank you for any insight 🙂

Maybe I don't get it as a male, but if you mean for ironing clothes, they have them in the laundry rooms for free to use there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes, and curling irons.  I take both and never questioned or taken away.  Our cabin stewards see them on the bathroom shelf and never say a word. 

Thank you!  I was reading through the "prohibited items" list and flat irons were listed.

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Maybe I don't get it as a male, but if you mean for ironing clothes, they have them in the laundry rooms for free to use there.

😄They're like anti curling irons, for hair...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I had the same initial thought but figured it out as I read down the posts.   

• Like 1

Below is a quote from the Princes web site FAQ on prohibited items.  It looks like the list has changed in the last couple of years.   Whether they enforce it is anyone's guess.  

"Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, flat irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating / hot plates, etc."

8 hours ago, ldubs said:

Below is a quote from the Princes web site FAQ on prohibited items.  It looks like the list has changed in the last couple of years.   Whether they enforce it is anyone's guess.  

"Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, flat irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating / hot plates, etc."

Flat irons are what Princess refers to as the irons used for clothes.  I know because I asked them onboard.  Flat irons for hair are considered curling irons to Princess and they are allowed.  I take mine all the time on all cruiselines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Flat irons are what Princess refers to as the irons used for clothes.  I know because I asked them onboard.  Flat irons for hair are considered curling irons to Princess and they are allowed.  I take mine all the time on all cruiselines.

Thanks.  I mentioned the list had changed.  I think the previous one did say clothes irons (don't hold me to that) so your explanation make sense.   

2 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Please don't take prohibited items. They are prohibited for everyone's safety.

I believe we established that curling irons/flat irons are completely allowed and clothes irons are prohibited.  So ladies are perfectly welcome to take their styling appliances.  If you want to iron clothes use the ones in the onboard laundry rooms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2023 at 4:38 PM, Steelers36 said:

Haha, I thought the same as you. I have naturally curly hair and like it, so wouldn't know what a flat iron is!

14 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I believe we established that curling irons/flat irons are completely allowed and clothes irons are prohibited.  So ladies are perfectly welcome to take their styling appliances.  If you want to iron clothes use the ones in the onboard laundry rooms.

I speed read that at first (plus being a bit looped from surgery today) and thought it was something about using my flat iron for my clothes.... 😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jwattle said:

I speed read that at first (plus being a bit looped from surgery today) and thought it was something about using my flat iron for my clothes.... 😂

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery.  Your reply made me smile…..anaesthesia can do that!

• Thanks 1