Procedure for B2B

negn

I’m looking at a 14 day cruise which does east and west Caribbean.  It returns to Fll after 7 days and then goes out again.   What is the procedure for those that stay on.   Do we need to get off and go through customs?

you will get detailed information sent to your cabin a few days before, but, yes, you will need to go through USA customs and immigration AFTER all the full disembarking passengers do. If you want to go ashore earlier, the info will tell you how. Also, you can re-board ahead of others if you wish.

It is all very simple, and there will likely be a large number of people doing the same

• Like 1

If Ft Lauderdale still does this as before, you will all meet in a specific area on the ship and be taken off into the terminal as a group.  You will again go through immigration and security and be seated as the first group to reboard the ship once it’s been cleared.  
It oftentimes only takes about an hour.  

• Like 1

You receive instructions in your cabin. Be sure to fully read and follow the instructions exactly for turn around day.
You will have two choices:
a) Exit the ship anytime after disembarkation has begun up to the final call around
9:30. Take your passport, medallion, and intransit card with you. Return to the ship anytime after embarkation has begun, around 11:00am or so. With the intransit card you will get right on the ship. You will have to go through immigration on exit and security when you return.
b) Stay on the ship and report NO LATER THAN THE TIME INDICATED to the location indicated in the directions, usually the theater. Bring your passport and  medallion, with you. If you stay on the ship you must report, NO EXCEPTIONS. If even one passenger has not reported than everyone sits or stands and waits. A staff member will guide you off the ship, through immigration, and back on the ship. Occasionally immigration will come onto the ship, but the process is the same. A staff member will guide you past immigration. Expect a large number of passengers going through this mandatory procedure. Maybe 500 or more. Best to arrive early at the meeting location.

If you are staying in the same cabin your cabin steward will prepare your cabin just like any other day. Nothing is removed. We normally advise the cabin steward to schedule our cabin last to provide more time to get cabins ready for the new passengers. Just a courtesy.

If you are changing cabins your cabin steward will arrange for the move. Keep as much on hangers as possible. Pack other items in your luggage.

• Like 1

FYI…I’ve been on only B-B & we were delayed as we were missing 2 people. We finally left without them. Later I met a lady & she & her husband were getting a massage at the time. Guess they didn’t understand the instructions. They were one of the most travelled couples on our cruise. At least we only had to wait about 10 minutes. This was before the Medallion so they couldn’t be tracked. 

Tom😀

Each cruise is different. If you are on back to back Alaska cruises out of Vancouver you actually go through US customs before boarding so you don’t even need to leave the ship at all just tap off tap on in a lounge

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

Each cruise is different. If you are on back to back Alaska cruises out of Vancouver you actually go through US customs before boarding so you don’t even need to leave the ship at all just tap off tap on in a lounge

yes....but they said that they were out of Fort Lauderdale....

1 hour ago, memoak said:

But not always .. 

I won’t go into it as this is not elated to sailings in Ft Lauderdale 

3 hours ago, trbarton said:

FYI…I’ve been on only B-B & we were delayed as we were missing 2 people. We finally left without them. Later I met a lady & she & her husband were getting a massage at the time. Guess they didn’t understand the instructions. They were one of the most travelled couples on our cruise. At least we only had to wait about 10 minutes. This was before the Medallion so they couldn’t be tracked. 

Tom😀

I will put a percentage blame on the Spa.  They should not be taking appointments on TA morning before 11:00am.

• Like 3

I would say that most everyone has had a different experience doing a B2B. We've had the experience of doing it on and off the ship. Once we waited almost an extra hour for Princess to find one missing person. Can't remember what the excuse was. Another time off the ship we had customs walk by everyone sitting in the rows of seats with a drug dog. That was interesting.

On 10/17/2023 at 6:17 PM, Steelers36 said:

I will put a percentage blame on the Spa.  They should not be taking appointments on TA morning before 11:00am.

It could be that they moved up the meeting time, which happens very often. Even though, they shouldn't have any appointments until afternoon on turnaround day.