Egyptian visa

gsmt47471015

I'm just asking if anybody has sailed into Egypt and has knowledge of the visa process,  IE.  Do you have to obtain prior to boarding or is it completed on board, lots of conflicting stories emerging and do not want to be denied boarding at Southampton ,my instinct tells me that it gets dealt with on board but cant find a definitive answer?

It may become academic if things escalate in that area but its a few months away yet.

Many thanks 

It is about 8 years since I went to Egypt on a cruise but visas were dealt with onboard without any input from individual passengers. I have flown there a few times, again many years ago and visas were available on arrival at the airport from an official with a suitcase who I think was genuine.

• Like 1

I went on a river cruise on the Nile in about 2018, and I can't recall that I needed a visa. But my memory is rubbish these days, and maybe the process was just so painless that I've forgotten all about it.

When we have arrived at an Egyptian airport I remember you had to pay for a 'visa' to get your passport stamped. It did feel as if it was just an excuse to get £10 off you.

I don't remember having to do anything at all on a cruise 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jh1809 said:

I went on a river cruise on the Nile in about 2018, and I can't recall that I needed a visa. But my memory is rubbish these days, and maybe the process was just so painless that I've forgotten all about it.

When I did the Nile Cruise, we were met by a tour rep at Cairo Airport who took us to a desk to get the Visa sorted... Utter chaos 😂

• Like 1

"For British Citizen, Irish Citizen, US, Canadian and European Community passport holders, a Quick Stamp visa for Egypt will be issued upon the ship’s arrival in Egypt. Therefore you are not required to obtain an Egyptian visa in advance of your voyage. There is currently no charge for the Quick Stamp Egyptian visa."

Follow this link:

Making reservations - Will I need a visa?| Frequently Asked Questions | Visa overview | P&O Cruises | Complete Cruise Solution

Then click on: UK & Rep of Ireland passport holders;

Then click on: Visa requirements by country.

Just completed NZeTA for New Zealand via their app.  Nice & easy

20 hours ago, pete14 said:

It is about 8 years since I went to Egypt on a cruise but visas were dealt with onboard without any input from individual passengers. I have flown there a few times, again many years ago and visas were available on arrival at the airport from an official with a suitcase who I think was genuine.

When we flew in a few years ago, £10 Egyptian ( it may have been $10 US )was paid in cash, where it went, who can say.🤣

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

When we flew in a few years ago, £10 Egyptian ( it may have been $10 US )was paid in cash, where it went, who can say.🤣

Its funny how its always £10 , had that in Mexico ,Turkey and of course Egypt. Are we missing a trick in this country?

• Like 1