Brilliance of the Seas in Sydney, Australia Today - 22nd October 2023

• Kiwi_cruiser changed the title to Brilliance of the Seas in Sydney, Australia Today - 22nd October 2023

Hi all. We are onboard .

So good to be back on Royal, check in a breeze about 10 minutes.

If anyone cruising on Briiliance soon needs any info I will try to help.

Don't have ship WiFi but will have my data in all the ports.

Beautiful day in Sydney today.

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Hi all. We are onboard .

Have a great time Chez & Andy. 

Yes, a beautiful day.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Hi all. We are onboard .

thanks - great to hear boarding went well. we will be down there next sunday to join the brilliance for the south pacific cruise, so hope we have the same experience.

we are looking forward to being a smaller rci ship - our very first cruise was on rhapsody of the seas way back in 2014 which we really enjoyed. 

wondering if you took wine on

board? we plan to carry one bottle of red wine each. also wonder if you have set up

a cash account? prefer to avoid credit card so will take usd cash - reckoning on usd500 to create the cash account for 2 people for the 10 days. have you tried the coffee yet? coffee was awful last time we were on rci back in 2016 so hoping it has improved! 

thanks & hope you really enjoy the voyage. 

41 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Hi all. We are onboard .

I’m on in a couple of weeks and have a couple of questions.

Whats the in house band and do they and where do they have a singles and veteran get togethers.

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Hi all. We are onboard .

Have a great time Chez and Andy, so sorry we had to cancel out on this adventure, we were going to have a great time with you both. Hopefully we will be on Brilliance in December!

Edited by resordanis
  • Like 1

Hi all. We are onboard .

Enjoy, i am envious 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, austromyrtus said:

thanks - great to hear boarding went well. we will be down there next sunday to join the brilliance for the south pacific cruise, so hope we have the same experience.

we are looking forward to being a smaller rci ship - our very first cruise was on rhapsody of the seas way back in 2014 which we really enjoyed. 

wondering if you took wine on

board? we plan to carry one bottle of red wine each. also wonder if you have set up

a cash account? prefer to avoid credit card so will take usd cash - reckoning on usd500 to create the cash account for 2 people for the 10 days. have you tried the coffee yet? coffee was awful last time we were on rci back in 2016 so hoping it has improved! 

thanks & hope you really enjoy the voyage. 

We bought the drink package when it was about $105aud so no carry on wine this cruise.

We use our 28degrees card for on-board no exchange fees etc...but with the package I can guarantee we will have a zero balance at the end. Haven't had a coffee yet...let you know tomorrow.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m on in a couple of weeks and have a couple of questions.

Whats the in house band and do they and where do they have a singles and veteran get togethers.

Singles n solos getogether 6pm Vintages tonight first Sea day. Veterans haven't seen yet.

House band may be tropical pleasure as they are playing pool deck.Also glitzy duo in Centum,Kawa duo in Schooners,guitar with Eugene Colony club, piano bar Schooners with Jayne.

Pub has Sebastian.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

If not already aware Chez, you should spot a few familiar faces on this one.

Haha already bumped them at Majority rules....of all places. Didn't help to win Josh a prize this time.

Just docked at Eden and just been cleared.

• Like 4

For Chilli...there is a veterans get together 9am day 6 King and Country pub.

Also, coffee good for me, I have long black. Bar/coffee port side outside buffet so tried there. Now at Lattitudes and good, not strong and bitter like some.

Also kettles in rooms, been a while since we cruised Royal and can't remember if they took them away for Oz but we have one.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Also, coffee good for me, I have long black. Bar/coffee port side outside buffet so tried there. Now at Lattitudes and good, not strong and bitter like some.

Also kettles in rooms, been a while since we cruised Royal and can't remember if they took them away for Oz but we have one.

Some good coffee up in Eden as well. Enjoy your day.

5 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Kettles in rooms, thanks for that information. Great for us. Funny,  Ovation has kettles, but when Radiance was here, they didn’t. Ralph will be interested in the Veterans get to gather too. Thank you for the information. 

thanks for the good news re the coffee. kettle in the room is a welcome surprise, as they were unavailable on our last princess & celebrity cruise. 

On 10/23/2023 at 9:35 AM, MicCanberra said:

Enjoy the whale museum, I have just recently read up on Old Tom and he was, along with his pod a different species to other Orcas.

https://www.livescience.com/animals/orcas-that-hunted-alongside-humans-might-be-extinct?utm_medium=social&utm_content=livescience&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=socialflow&fbclid=IwAR0Is-GwhY0afw_FeQnOKqIyCDBggtLs_Cj9BOBl3VXjA2epWNVncEGTVMQ