Queen Anne

Minnie29

13 hours ago, Pear Carr said:

I'll be heading down there! Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the office until 5, but it's not far from there to Pier Head.

It'll be particularly special for my mum, because she has memories of meeting her grandfather, a Cunard crewmember, off the original Queens when they came in.

I'm a little confused by the choice of Matt and Emma Willis as the focus of so much of the QA publicity. I've googled them, and I'm still not sure who they are. I don't think I could pick them out of a line-up even if I had pictures in my hand!

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 10:36 AM, Megabear2 said:

Queen Anne is having a Godparent

Maybe Paul McCartney will be the Godparent - Liverpool and all…??

Does that role have to be a Royal?

Edited by NE John
Spell edit
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NE John said:

As is normal protocols due to the election being called the King has cancelled a large number of the Family's events so if it is one of them there's a risk it could be not happening.  Not sure if they carry a spare(!)  but at least Mr Bocelli is a bit special ... guess we will find out soon!!

9 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

As is normal protocols due to the election being called the King has cancelled a large number of the Family's events so if it is one of them there's a risk it could be not happening.  Not sure if they carry a spare(!)  but at least Mr Bocelli is a bit special ... guess we will find out soon!!

Yes, for the benefit of non UK readers, a general election was called for 4 July, and in that period the Crown does two things - keeps away from any area that has political overtones or implications; and doesn't do anything to distract unnecessarily from the election process. Some things won't be touched, notably the D Day remembrance events, also anything outside the public eye won't be affected (such as meeting high commissioners and ambassadors).

I'm not sure where being a Godparent comes into this, but it may possibly fall into the distraction category. I guess the Duchess of Sussex is available though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Becareful NE John, when I mentioned some time ago that perhaps Liverpool would be a likely port for the naming ceremony,and Stephen Gerald to do the honours I was shouted down.At least I got part of it right! Ok Stephen was a bit silly !,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NE John said:

At least in hiring a Scouser, Craig Charles may be able to sing a bit better than Paul McCartney. I was witness to this effort of his live...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

At least in hiring a Scouser, Craig Charles may be able to sing a bit better than Paul McCartney. I was witness to this effort of his live...

A successful smashing of a champagne bottle will do…

The hotly tipped favourite for the naming has been quite busy despite the QE including a garden party to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the RNLI.

47 minutes ago, sogne said:

The hotly tipped favourite for the naming has been quite busy despite the QE including a garden party to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the RNLI.

Correction: GE

7 hours ago, NE John said:

Absolutely No! Past his sell by date and only a royal will fill this role!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pear Carr said:

Absolutely No! Past his sell by date and only a royal will fill this role!

What do us Americans know,,!!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, sogne said:

Correction: GE

The Royal Diary has shrunk to only 4 pages with the Princess Royal and the Duke of Gloucester apparently the only ones left with engagements...

Edited by Megabear2

7 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

The Royal Diary has shrunk to only 4 pages with the Princess Royal and the Duke of Gloucester apparently the only ones left with engagements...

Really? Nobody going to the Derby or Ascot or DDay? 

48 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

According to news bulletins yesterday, Prince William will be at the FA Cup final  today. I have also heard news reports stating that the King is definitely going to France for the DDay commemorations (presumably health permitting).  It sounds like not everything is being posted into the online Royal Diary at the moment and they are  probably still reconsidering everything previously planned between now and 4 July.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kynance said:

According to news bulletins yesterday, Prince William will be at the FA Cup final  today. I have also heard news reports stating that the King is definitely going to France for the DDay commemorations (presumably health permitting).  It sounds like not everything is being posted into the online Royal Diary at the moment and they are  probably still reconsidering everything previously planned between now and 4 July.

And somebody will have to go to the Trooping of the Colour.

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

https://www.royal.uk/media-centre/future-engagements

The sarcasm is a little uncalled for.  I merely mentioned that this document had15 pages of engagements prior to the announcement, now it is curtailed.  I don't doubt there are plenty of other things going on, it was simply an observation with an attempt at humour regarding carrying a spare.

9 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

https://www.royal.uk/media-centre/future-engagements

The sarcasm is a little uncalled for.  I merely mentioned that this document had15 pages of engagements prior to the announcement, now it is curtailed.  I don't doubt there are plenty of other things going on, it was simply an observation with an attempt at humour regarding carrying a spare.

Why on earth did you think my genuinely surprised question was sarcastic?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Why on earth did you think my genuinely surprised question was sarcastic?

Because if someone writes something back to me with question marks after every point it reads that way to me.  It makes me personally feel challenged and I find it unnecessary. I apologise if it was a misunderstanding.  

Returning to the original point, I understand that each event will be looked at on a case by case basis in respect to royal attendance. If indeed it is to be a Royal family member I doubt very much that it would fall into the cancellation category. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure where to ask this so I thought, he is a good a place as any. 

Is there a free sauna on QA like QV and QE, or only the one in the Spa you have to pay to use?