Equinox vs Ascent

Cruiscs

13 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

What about all the reports on the ship being tired and in dire need of a refurb 

Haven't read anything about "dire need of a refurb."  Sure it's older but I would prefer an older "S" class to a brand new "E" class anytime.  Have read quite a few reviews on this forum and a few others and couldn't find ones that complained about the condition of the ship.  A few comments about carpeting but little other comments.  

• Like 3

We’ve sailed in both Equinox and Edge in the past year or so. Both were excellent trips! Equinox didn’t feel tired to me, but the furniture in the suites was a bit dated. However, public areas were lovely, service was the best we’ve had on any ship, bars were terrific, and shows were good. I wouldn’t hesitate a bit to book a trip on Equinox! And the Med is stunning, so the better balconies on Equinox would be a plus.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

We were on Equinox prior and after  to the last renovation.  It was really tired looking beforehand.  Sad.  Then there was a partial renovation and not all room received the new look.  The outdoor Retreat area does not compare to other ships.  We were in an Aqua Class room and they did an excellent job of updating the room.  We heard that many regular Verandas either got partial updates.  No complaints from us.

57 minutes ago, keesar said:

We were on Equinox prior and after  to the last renovation.  It was really tired looking beforehand.  Sad.  Then there was a partial renovation and not all room received the new look.  The outdoor Retreat area does not compare to other ships.  We were in an Aqua Class room and they did an excellent job of updating the room.  We heard that many regular Verandas either got partial updates.  No complaints from us.

It will get e refurb in april next year. Any info on will be done?

I’ve started with Equinox when she debut in Med years ago. So good I returned the following year. I’m very partial to her, especially with the balconies. Have done AQ and Conciege, but loved having access to the spa suite. Have an upcoming trip on Ascent, which I am excited about, but the chairs on the regular veranda is giving me pause. 

I hope the upcoming visit to the dry dock brings the love and enhancements she deserves. 

Best wishes on your trip. 

On 10/28/2023 at 6:20 AM, Gracie115 said:

Book Equinox no matter what type stateroom.  In a suite Luminae is light years better on S class ships than E class.  You are able to order from MDR menus, MUCH smaller venue than on E class, especially Ascent as that version of Luminae is supposed to be even bigger than other E ships.  No you won't have a "private" top deck but you're in the Med how often would you use it anyway?

When in Luminae, on Ascent (or any Edge class), can you order from any of the other restaurants?