Princess Plus

Kennedy.Mitchell12

You could just pay for both, and have 30 drinks per day!  

For an actual tip, if you use the app to order drinks to be delivered, you can order multiple drinks per order, but both drinks are charged to the same account.   So, if you are a couple and you order a drink for each of you utilizing the app, or if you order drinks at dinner and they just scan one of your medallions, you will want to alternate who orders the drinks if you are big drinkers, otherwise you'll get charged for the 16th drink on the 8th order of the day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sn0cruiser said:

Remember that the 15 drink limit is only on alcoholic drinks.  Other drinks (specialty cocktails, bottled water, mocktails, gun soft drinks) are unlimited.  If your mother likes lattes, cappuccinos, mocktails, etc she may get some benefit beyond just gratuities.

What about canned soda?

52 minutes ago, Stosh68 said:

You could just pay for both, and have 30 drinks per day!  

I was wondering about this.  (Not so much with respect to the drinks, but the other aspects of the package.)  The rules do not allow for sharing, but I assume that this was intended to prevent non-Package people from reaping the benefits of a Package.  Does anyone know if the benefits of the Packages can be shared among two people, each of whom has a Package?  I imagine that as a practical matter there is no way of knowing if a person with a Package handed over their Special Dessert to their cabin mate so that the cabin mate could have THREE in a single day.  Or hand their cabin mate their SIXTEENTH drink of the day.  So I am sure it can be done.  But is it permitted?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I was wondering about this.  (Not so much with respect to the drinks, but the other aspects of the package.)  The rules do not allow for sharing, but I assume that this was intended to prevent non-Package people from reaping the benefits of a Package.  Does anyone know if the benefits of the Packages can be shared among two people, each of whom has a Package?  I imagine that as a practical matter there is no way of knowing if a person with a Package handed over their Special Dessert to their cabin mate so that the cabin mate could have THREE in a single day.  Or hand their cabin mate their SIXTEENTH drink of the day.  So I am sure it can be done.  But is it permitted?

If someone has 16 drinks can they still count? 😂  

• Haha 2

Of all the mainstream lines doing these packages, I think Princess Plus is the best deal, and hits the sweet spot for my wife and I.  We didn't order stand alone "drinks packages" before, because we are not big drinkers as a general rule, but I always order the internet plan, and everyone pays gratuities regardless, so we have been getting the Plus plan.  Other lines include excursion credit, which is no value to us because we almost never book excursions, and like to do things on our own. 

Although we don't drink much usually, it is very nice not thinking about the cost of drinks, or internet for that matter, while cruising, and it adds to the chill vibe you want while cruising.  And I will admit, my wife and I do drink more on cruises now.  Sitting out on a lounger in the sun is a lot more enjoyable when the wait staff is running pina coladas out to me. And although we don't do it every time, we tend to order a glass or two of wine at dinner, or a toasted almond in the atrium after dinner while listening to music. 

I debated upgrading to the Princess Premiere, but the Plus really seems perfect for us.

Only thing that attracted me a bit towards the Premiere is unlimited casual restaurants.  But our next cruise is the Regal in November, and Alfredo's is the only attraction there.  Two visits will likely be enough for us, and that's included in the Plus.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I think technically it's not permitted by the letter of the law but I suspect most bartenders would look the other way even if they picked up on someone doing this.  With the way they charge drinks across people's accounts so arbitrarily anyway, i.e. both drinks to one person's account because it's easier, and the same thing happening when people double up on ordering through the app, they really can't say with a high degree of accuracy "you've had X number of drinks because that's what your account shows."  The count is just not accurate for an individual more often than not. They really should pool them and make it 30 for the stateroom. The amount of hassle they would save from not having to deal with as many people being wrongly charged would so far outweigh the cases where someone manages to exceed 15 in a day.

Sharing of the desert monstrosities is probably so rare that it's not worth the time & effort to police that.  If someone can eat a third.......they probably need insulin. 

As for hitting 15 in a day it is do-able.  I've done it 3-4 times in my 10ish cruises. Sea days, starting at lunch ~11:00am....it's barely more than 1 per hour between then and late night to hit 15.  It's plenty, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't recommend it as a mean to a healthy liver, but it's doable on a long sea day, especially with the weak pours they give you.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Of course it's being done, all the time. Maybe not outright in plain view but certainly between family & friends. On our last trip our trivia group was always with the same people & the drinks flowed freely. 

50 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Why not just you pay for her Princess Plus package? That way you'll both enjoy. Let it be a Christmas present for your mom!

I was going to say the same thing, but i didnt see any mention of how long the cruise is for. That can get expensive 😂. Everyone is different, i would just purchase it for her.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brovol said:

Of all the mainstream lines doing these packages, I think Princess Plus is the best deal, and hits the sweet spot for my wife and I.  We didn't order stand alone "drinks packages" before, because we are not big drinkers as a general rule, but I always order the internet plan, and everyone pays gratuities regardless, so we have been getting the Plus plan.  Other lines include excursion credit, which is no value to us because we almost never book excursions, and like to do things on our own. 

Although we don't drink much usually, it is very nice not thinking about the cost of drinks, or internet for that matter, while cruising, and it adds to the chill vibe you want while cruising.  And I will admit, my wife and I do drink more on cruises now.  Sitting out on a lounger in the sun is a lot more enjoyable when the wait staff is running pina coladas out to me. And although we don't do it every time, we tend to order a glass or two of wine at dinner, or a toasted almond in the atrium after dinner while listening to music. 

I debated upgrading to the Princess Premiere, but the Plus really seems perfect for us.

Only thing that attracted me a bit towards the Premiere is unlimited casual restaurants.  But our next cruise is the Regal in November, and Alfredo's is the only attraction there.  Two visits will likely be enough for us, and that's included in the Plus.

Same as you, we (wife and I) dont drink much, but wanted the chill vibe without worrying about what it would cost. Plus, the "Plus" package was included with our cruise. Even if it wasnt included, I think we would still purchase it since its our first cruise. We have a budget and intend to use it either for gambling/shopping, so adding the package makes sense. 

The unlimited casual dining also attracted us to the Premier. We did upgrade to Premier for many reasons, 4x wifi and 2x specialty dining. Weird thing is, we have 4 people in the cabin (2 adult and 2 kids), we were not force to purchase any package for them. $200 more for a 5 day cruise 2 adults is a no brainer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dream54ing said:

Same as you, we (wife and I) dont drink much, but wanted the chill vibe without worrying about what it would cost. Plus, the "Plus" package was included with our cruise. Even if it wasnt included, I think we would still purchase it since its our first cruise. We have a budget and intend to use it either for gambling/shopping, so adding the package makes sense. 

The unlimited casual dining also attracted us to the Premier. We did upgrade to Premier for many reasons, 4x wifi and 2x specialty dining. Weird thing is, we have 4 people in the cabin (2 adult and 2 kids), we were not force to purchase any package for them. $200 more for a 5 day cruise 2 adults is a no brainer.

You don’t have to get the package for 3rd and 4th passengers in cabin but they will not get the specialty dining or casual dining and they will be charged for gratuities etc

• Like 2

The thing that really needs fixing is the

2 x casual dining

2 x fitness classes

They are per cruise, if you do a 7, 10, 14, 15 or longer cruise you only get two of each.  It should be per 7 days to make it fair.  There is no incentive for longer cruises.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

2 x casual dining

2 x fitness classes

They are per cruise, if you do a 7, 10, 14, 15 or longer cruise you only get two of each.  It should be per 7 days to make it fair.  There is no incentive for longer cruises.

I was also thinking the same thing! Maybe its intentional so people get the premier. Great for PCL, but costly for the cruiser for sure. Since these packages are fairly new, they might make adjustments as it matures a little.  

16 minutes ago, dream54ing said:

I was also thinking the same thing! Maybe its intentional so people get the premier. Great for PCL, but costly for the cruiser for sure. Since these packages are fairly new, they might make adjustments as it matures a little.  

Well I am planning on complaining about it when I am onboard for my upcoming cruise and see if I can get anything.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.

5 hours ago, mrell345 said:

2 x casual dining

2 x fitness classes

Shhh.  Next thing you know, they’ll reduce the number for shorter cruises.  That’s fair, but not what you’d like to see.

• Like 2