Back to back

rhsjr

I always thought back to back cruises were going from point A to B and returning B to A, but we are doing a short cruise A to B and followed by B to B ( 15 days between B TO B). We have same ship and B leaves same day it arrives. Do we need to leave the ship and get back on or what?

2 hours ago, rhsjr said:

I always thought back to back cruises were going from point A to B and returning B to A, but we are doing a short cruise A to B and followed by B to B ( 15 days between B TO B). We have same ship and B leaves same day it arrives. Do we need to leave the ship and get back on or what?

You will be provided instructions on where and when to go between cruises to wait.  Usually only takes an hour at most. There will be a waiting area setup for you either on or off the ship in the port area.

You really need to tell us the turn around port. If it is a U.S. port then you will be required, no exceptions, to be processed through immigration. The logistical process can be a little different at different ports, but the legal requirement is the same. Most times at U.S. ports you have to report to a gathering area, usually the theater. When everyone is accounted for a staff member will guide you off the ship, through immigration and then back onto the ship. Occasionally immigration will come onto the ship. The process remains the same. Immigration would set up a station on the ship. The staff member will guide you through that station.

You will receive instructions in your cabin. Read and follow them exactly. If even one person fails to show then everyone doing the b2b and every new passenger is delayed until that person is located. 

If the port is somewhere other than the U.S. then the process is different.

If you are remaining in the same cabin, just leave your belongings. The cabin steward will service your cabin in the normal way. If you are changing cabins there is an easy process.

• Like 1

Since the short first part of your cruise is not closed loop, I am assuming it is not a US based cruise unless the first is Vancouver to Seattle and the second a r/t Seattle.  In which case you would have to ,eave the ship briefly in Seattle.  If not a US cruise you do not need to leave the ship.   EM

I did a B2B out of Southampton this summer.  I got my In Transit card, got off the ship, did the Titanic walking tour, had lunch, and when I got back, walked onto the ship as normal.  I may have shown the In Transit card once, but it was easy peasy, lemon squeezy.