Boarding Time

debnjoe1438

Will be going on MSC for the first time in Dec. How does MSC do boarding times? Can you choose a time when doing the online check in? I'm a little confused about the number of day's before the cruise in which you can check in. Phone app says 30 days, MSC web site says 20 days. 

Will be on the Seaside out of Miami.

MSC will assign you a time without any input or concern to what might work for you.  Not to worry.  The time will randomly change, sometimes more than a couple of times between booking and boarding and will not even be checked whatever time you do arrive for.

9 hours ago, gizfish said:

MSC will assign you a time without any input or concern to what might work for you.  Not to worry.  The time will randomly change, sometimes more than a couple of times between booking and boarding and will not even be checked whatever time you do arrive for.

Thank you

8 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Be there early you have payed for det first Day also.

Thank you, plan on being their early. 🙂 We have a group of 17, hoping we all can also go in the same side of the terminal. I've been seeing some west some east side. Also hoping east and west are labled, so I don't have to figure it out myself. (East ocean side, West Miami side) 🙂 

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

There will be an arrival time assigned to you that will appear on your eTicket. No one will enforce this time.

Hi Jamie ... we are also from ROC.  We just got an upgrade to YC on the Dec. 10th Seashore sailing, do you know what time we should try and get there to board, and what do we look for when we arrive (any special YC service)?  Thanks A&B

On the Celebrity board there has been chat about arrival/check in time being more strictly enforced.

I find the paperwork for YC to be mixed - on the embarkation page, it invites you to 'leave your luggage to the butler team' but in the same document we have been given a 15:00 check in time - most of the first day is gone! We intend to be there for 10:30.

You are not supposed to be able to finish checkin until 20 days out but on my emails today I have an invitation to checkin and print boarding pass, and I am 30 days out. But I can’t do it until tomorrow because right now I am on another ship and I don’t think the Bluetooth will reach my printer in GA. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ed342 said:

Non YC question. Will be boarding early on Meri and was wondering if the buffet will still open for breakfast or what time does lunch start to be served. 

On turnaround days breakfast hours are only for those leaving (or on B2B) so MDR will close by 0800 and buffet by 0900.  (Hours from Seaside).  Buffet will open for lunch around 1130-1200.  EM

For our upcoming cruise on Seascape in early Decemebr, I was originally assigned 3:30pm. At midnight, I received an email saying that it is time for me to check in. We are at 29 days. It came right at Midnight. When I checked in 2 cabins that have 2 different booking numbers, I was offered the option to choose a check in time. The section in the check in page said,  "you can choose a check in time if you want to change it". I was shocked because i didnt think MSC let us choose times. I chose the earliest that was available. That was 11 or 11:30. I forget right now. It's been a long day, lol.

Oh, I booked Aurea experience. Not sure if that mattered, interms  of being offered the option to choose a time. But note, only one cabin is Aurea. The other is Fantastica. But, our booking are linked. 

Happy cruising everyone