When do Christmas themed cruises start?

RJHNorthyorks

Did 5 night on ventura end November last year and they'd just put tree and decorations up. Although not billed as a Xmas cruise, the Xmas markets had just opened up in Bruges and Hamburg as usually last week of November. Couldn't understand why they hadn't marketed cruise as Xmas markets!

6 hours ago, RJHNorthyorks said:

We are on the Aurora Northern Lights cruise leaving the U.K. on 15 November 23 and yesterday received an email saying it is Christmas themed and to pack your Christmas jumpers! 
This is the first we have heard of this and the cruise isn’t being marketed as a Christmas cruise on their website. 
Do they really start Christmas this early? 

We have only had qn email about the dishwashers being replaced 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We are going at the late November / early December and have received an email saying that we should look forward to seeing the Christmas Decoratons on the ship when we board.

This is the extract from thd email

The greatest gift is Christmas spirit

Get ready for a huge, sparkling tree to greet you with dazzling decorations throughout the ship, decking all the halls. There’ll be a choir and carol services, festive photo opportunities, a huge variety of entertainment, and special Christmas gifts in the shops.

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Ventura N334 to the Canaries

We're on board afterwards.  Although I'm a great Humbug, it will be nice to be onboard with all the Christmas decorations.  At least its December.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I have never owned a christmas jumper in all my 79 yrs, and don't think I am likely to change now.

They had a competition on Britannia for the best one on Christmas Eve.  I was shocked how many appeared on deck - it was 82 degrees even at 6.00pm!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

What a grinch you must be. 😉

Quite possibly, but as a Yorkshire man I like to get full value out of my purchases, so a once a year outfit is a definite no no, especially as some people seem to buy a new one every year. 😇

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Quite possibly, but as a Yorkshire man I like to get full value out of my purchases, so a once a year outfit is a definite no no, especially as some people seem to buy a new one every year. 😇

Most are sold for a charitable cause so perhaps the new ones are their donation.

6 hours ago, davecttr said:

Very christmassy on Oceana years ago. They could not find the christmas music CD until boxing day 🙄

I don't think you have to be Scrooge to see that as a good thing. 🙂 There are some good Christmas songs, but an awful lot that are terrible.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jh1809 said:

I don't think you have to be Scrooge to see that as a good thing. 🙂 There are some good Christmas songs, but an awful lot that are terrible.

If I ever hear 'Stop The Cavalry' by Jona Lewie again it will be too soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On Arcadia in 2021 they started putting up the Christmas stuff the first week in December.

I've received this Christmas email as well, Aurora 1st December to the canaries.  

Looking forward to it, can't complain if it's a bit early.

• Like 1

We love cruising at Christmas and New year, lost count how many we have done now , certainly takes the stress away of who is visiting who for Christmas dinner etc. You get to escape for a short while  from the constant TV adverts and supermarket stresses of shopping and be spoiled for a couple of weeks .

What I don't understand is the folks who book a December cruise then moan about the activities they have  " to look forward too " .  Surely they would be better off on a desert island without electric 😆 🤣 

• Like 4