Sunrise Dining Room Question

MistyRo76

I am getting ready to book a cruise for next year on the Sunrise. Just wondering which dining room is currently being used for Your Time Dining and which is used for Assigned Dining. This seems to vary by ship. Last year when I cruise, we had set dining and it was in the AFT dining room. This past month we also had set dining and it was in the FWD dining room. 

Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Discussed here on the deck-by-deck features. https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5431

midship is set time, aft is anytime.

Which is weird mz.  I've been on Sunrise TONS. We always do AnyTime. And I'll bet dollars to donuts that ATD was in the middle. Now maybe I'm just old and forgetful or the publication is outdated. 

3 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Which is weird mz.  I've been on Sunrise TONS. We always do AnyTime. And I'll bet dollars to donuts that ATD was in the middle. Now maybe I'm just old and forgetful or the publication is outdated. 

Most ships are that way js - The midship MDR is anytime. Fantasy, Conquest, and Dream class are for sure. I have never been on Sunrise, but I have sailed Sunshine many times and on Sunshine the aft dining room is anytime.

4 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Most ships are that way js - The midship MDR is anytime. Fantasy, Conquest, and Dream class are for sure. I have never been on Sunrise, but I have sailed Sunshine many times and on Sunshine the aft dining room is anytime.

We'll go with the 'I'm too old to remember' answer!

• Haha 2

Our Sunshine cruise has us in the middle dining room for set seating.  I cannot remember if the middle dining room is called the Sunshine DR or the Sunrise DR?  Why does Carnival make it so complicated by naming the dining rooms the same as the name of these two ships. 🙄

On 11/9/2023 at 11:44 AM, Jamman54 said:

It's been a long time since we were on the Sunrise, but then it was aft for YTD, and mid for set dining. :classic_cool:

Now I'm going to have to go back and re-read your Sunrise review and check out everything the ship has to offer! Guess work will have to wait! 🙂 

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2023 at 4:16 PM, Iamthesea said:

Our Sunshine cruise has us in the middle dining room for set seating.  I cannot remember if the middle dining room is called the Sunshine DR or the Sunrise DR?  Why does Carnival make it so complicated by naming the dining rooms the same as the name of these two ships. 🙄

yes - Sunshine was our last cruise just a month ago and we were in the mid dining room for set dining time. And I do agree that using those names for the dining rooms does make it very confusing! 🙂 

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2023 at 11:44 AM, Jamman54 said:

It's been a long time since we were on the Sunrise, but then it was aft for YTD, and mid for set dining. :classic_cool:

As it is on most Carnival ships (and it has been a while since we sailed Sunrise, but was the same then also).

• Like 1