We got our reimbursement!

cartervan

Hurray and hallelujah! We just got a check from Holland America to reimbursement us for our hotel and meals when we got COVID in Alaska in the summer of '22!  What a long hard struggle!  First we tried and tried to get our travel insurance to pay what they owed.  It wasn't a fly-by-night company we found on the internet, either.  It was recommended (and still sold) by our on-line travel agency, but turned out to be worthless.  So then we turned to HAL to ask for what was promised us, and started jumping through their hoops. All these months later they finally came through!!  I am so sorry that the cruise lines all had to suffer hard times during the worst of COVID, and they did take care of us, although they put us up in a very basic hotel room in Anchorage that was charging $400 a night (which they promised to reimburse us for.)  Well, finally, they did!! I just wanted to let those who are still waiting for their checks to not give up hope.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

If you don’t mind me hijacking your thread.  I wrote last year about a situation caused by HAL that created a minor disaster during my Iguazu Falls overland excursion. It took about 6 months but they provided a solution that was beyond what we had asked.  We are very pleased 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Today we finally received a reimbursement cheque for Covid- 19 quarantine hotel and meal expenses from our September 2022 cruise! We submitted our claim to HAL on December 20, 2022 after first being partially compensated by our travel insurance.

Took what seems like forever but HAL came through.

Now to look seriously at booking our next cruise.

Today we finally received a reimbursement cheque for Covid- 19 quarantine hotel and meal expenses from our September 2022 cruise! We submitted our claim to HAL on December 20, 2022 after first being partially compensated by our travel insurance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Suzy Bell said:

Sorry for the double post. My mistake.