Voyager Of The Seas Returns to Oz 25/26?

Intrigued about poster "yungyung" - joined CC over 10 years ago & then zilch until 2 posts within minutes of each other yesterday, both attacking P&O Aust on a thread about VOS.

Maybe a RC plant? 🙂 😮

Guess they were pretty busy on the 200+ cruises.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Intrigued about poster "yungyung" - joined CC over 10 years ago & then zilch until 2 posts within minutes of each other yesterday, both attacking P&O Aust on a thread about VOS.

Maybe a RC plant? 🙂 😮

Some people join, read and take the information, etc but never post. Not sure if that is the case here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mr walker said:

Maybe a RC plant? 🙂 😮

Some people just read until they want to get something off their chest. Others like to ramble on with gibberish regularly. 🤪

I doubt there would be a plant. Royal learned their lesson when the "champions" program backfired 15 odd years back. Those numbers are also possible for a "spare" ID of a regular poster, but you can only read comments at face value.

5 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Be so great if we get Voyager, I cant see it anywhere else but the stop in Darwin and Brisbane spots.

I can't see it in any of the other Brisbane ports through to the end of 2027. Alas, Royal only shows this coming season of visits in the shipping movement pages, while Carnival has bookings showing into 2027. This is how I usually find the extra details, but Royal is playing hard to get.

14 hours ago, springaussie said:

Chilli I rang Cairns Port before Covid and they told me the size of the ship will increase to Voyager size hopefully. They will be increasing the ship size gradually over time on a trail basis. 
Royal  are good at changing the deployment  before it goes live. 
7 December we will know if Voyager is in the next Caribbean release.  

I remember reading an article about Cairns port when they last dredged it .

It was supposed to handle a Voyager size ship and they put it to Carnival and RCG .

The two main companies said the channel would be debatable in a storm and low tide and they capped it at 300 meters.

It would be a great cruise on Voyager and especially a overnight in Cairns ,let’s hope.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2023 at 9:08 PM, yungyung said:

p&o don’t have a good reputation and as soon as other ships arrive, people don’t want to sail on them. You have to pay for everything...no free ice cream except for dessert in dining room. No free pizza. No Loyalty program to reward you for coming back to P&O. Not even a repeat passenger and most travelled award party these days. Pay for everything. RCI have all the activities, ice cream and pizza included. Good loyalty program. No wonder P&O is abandoned as soon as others arrive for season. (By the way I don’t eat pizza). Or ice cream. P&O even sell their duty free cigarettes at full Australian price whereas other lines sell at $10 a packet. I don’t smoke, but have observed this.

Yes, P&O is a bit disappointing in some respects. Like you I'm not interested in ice cream or pizza but I would like to see some recognition of repeat passengers. We've sailed with them quite a bit over the years and really all we get in return are Princess points. Big whoop!☹️

Edited by ceeceeDee
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I love the bit about Lelepa at the bottom of the article.

But yes, that is a serious reason to be docking. Especially when you consider that tendering is the only possibility for all the other NQ ports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I love the bit about Lelepa at the bottom of the article.

But yes, that is a serious reason to be docking. Especially when you consider that tendering is the only possibility for all the other NQ ports.

A bit of factual reporting there Geoff .

Yourkies knob isn’t suitable for a big ship like that ,they have trouble tender at the best of times.

38 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

A bit of factual reporting there Geoff .

Yourkies knob isn’t suitable for a big ship like that ,they have trouble tender at the best of times.

Absolutely Phil, but I think the numbers are just a generic stab in the dark. The solution is to have a ship that will fit at Mission Wharf - for sure.  To talk-up Lelepa like it is already in play is pretty funny though.

Imagine that line-up to get on the Ferris Wheel at Lelepa, or even worse, to get the tender back to the ship before the rhino beetles attack. 😉

It is a modern-day cruise dilemma. Upgrade infrastructure to stretch your facilities to accommodate the ships of the day, then as soon as you turn your back, the ships are too big again. Qld coastals have long had that issue, and I will only ever do them if I can jump the queue to get off the ship. Off early means we can beat most of the queue coming back as well.

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Imagine that line-up to get on the Ferris Wheel at Lelepa, or even worse, to get the tender back to the ship before the rhino beetles attack. 😉

Yeah those Rhino beetles are in the back of everyone’s mind ,run don’t walk.

A fellow I was talking to showed me a screenshot of a private cabana on Cocoa island.

It was for up to 10 people I think he said but the price is pretty eye watering  for 4-5 hours!!

IMG_0757.thumb.jpeg.3f7444d23958f2a9c3ecf4adca4d0f61.jpeg

• Haha 4

Checked with Cruise Critic and Voyager will be based in Brisbane from December 2025 till late April 2026. I am not a plant for anyone. I’m over 80 years old so don’t post things unless I have something useful to say. Doesn’t happen much on CC. I do like Pacific Encounter as it is the old Star Princess, with what I call the shopping trolley on her back. That’s what those ships look like from the side. Been on several of those style ships and was sorry to see Grands cut off. Up the back  in the handle of trolley is such a lovely spot to look out from during the day, read a book, or take a nap.

ships just too large for Pacific waters as no docking facilities in many places, or dock too small. But Halong Bay has built a dock and I will be there on NY eve on Solstice. How about you?

• Like 4

On 11/15/2023 at 3:54 PM, springaussie said:

It appears that Voyager of the Seas will return to Australia and be based in Brisbane 25/26 season.
Voyager of the Seas is booked into Darwin 7 December 2025 0730 to 1700 according to Darwin Ports. 
Voyager of the Seas appears to be taking over as the Brisbane Ship 16 December 2025 to 21 April 2026 according to Brisbane Ports. 
Normally Australia Royal Caribbean Deployment goes on sale around Easter each year. 

It could very well be Voyager .

It finishes in the eastern Mediterranean November 2025 ,Ravenna to Rome and departs Rome on the 3rd .

That would be a good Repo.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, yungyung said:

I am not a plant for anyone. I’m over 80 years old so don’t post things unless I have something useful to say. Doesn’t happen much on CC.

I wasn't seriously suggesting you were a plant - it was a joke based on some others (perhaps on CC with another username) re-appearing after a long time to make a comment. Sorry if I offended you.

I'm glad you are over 80 and still cruising - only hope it is the same for me.

Stay safe & enjoy.

Cheers

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I wasn't seriously suggesting you were a plant - it was a joke based on some others (perhaps on CC with another username) re-appearing after a long time to make a comment. Sorry if I offended you.

I'm glad you are over 80 and still cruising - only hope it is the same for me.

Stay safe & enjoy.

Cheers

I hope I m still going at 100!! You didn’t offend me. At my age I have cruised from  the days when ships were ships, not shopping malls or theme parks. On Russians, Sitmar and all the no frills, down corridor toilets and showers. No stabilisers, through cyclones!

• Like 2

It looks like Voyager leaves Brisbane on the 6th of April 2026 ,any speculation where it goes?  It could be Sydney,Theres quite a few unknown in Sydney over winter.

It looks like only 2 ships for the 25-26 season for now .Ovation for the whole season in Sydney and voyager for a short season in Brisbane.

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It looks like Voyager leaves Brisbane on the 6th of April 2026 ,any speculation where it goes?  It could be Sydney,Theres quite a few unknown in Sydney over winter.

It looks like only 2 ships for the 25-26 season for now .Ovation for the whole season in Sydney and voyager for a short season in Brisbane.

Lots of possibilities - but not Sydney.

40 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Not Sydney, it’s our biggest market. If it could get into Cairns ,it might be a winter possibility.

I can’t imagine where a old ship like that would be going.

As much as it sounds like a perfect day, I will call yeah-nah on that.

If Royal has definitive plans to base a ship here in winter, they would be out there talking it up.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Voyager was in  Brisbane until 21 April 2026 when the Voyager bookings first appeared in Brisbane Ports. 
Singapore is my pick Chilli Northern Summer 2026.