Help with cabin/deck choice on Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas please

Hi!  We're looking at booking Harmony of the Seas for 7 night Caribbean cruise.  Which deck/cabin location would you suggest for quiet and motion sickness?  We are okay with Interior cabins.  I was wondering if Deck 9 would be loud because above Central Park?  Decks 10 and 11 look good, but only cabins left are at the front?  

Thank you for your advice! 

Deck nine is fine...errr...poet and didn't know it.  😉  

Just be sure to get mid ship location.  Though Harmony has such a huge wide beam...you won't notice much movement anyway.   Don't book deck 14...will hear the much louder pool deck area above you. 

6 minutes ago, cruisetravel8 said:

Hi!  We're looking at booking Harmony of the Seas for 7 night Caribbean cruise.  Which deck/cabin location would you suggest for quiet and motion sickness?  We are okay with Interior cabins.  I was wondering if Deck 9 would be loud because above Central Park?  Decks 10 and 11 look good, but only cabins left are at the front?  

Thank you for your advice! 

I've liked central park balconys. With group rate and my balcony discount it was $16 less than a inside cabin, but lost a $50 obc, but priced close. I liked dec 10. Just pick a location not over a bar. Inside balconys are cheaper on oasis class because there are many more balconys so not the upcharge you see on smaller ships. 

Central park balconys are midship, pick one toward the middle or aft elevator, half way between for least motion. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

The Central Park balconies are below the pools and loud music.

I think boardwalk is better and about halfway up and towards the back

whatever you do don’t get forward ocean view because you’ll hear loud crew bar party from the bow.

It happened on Allure, Anthem, and Oasis.

50 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

whatever you do don’t get forward ocean view because you’ll hear loud crew bar party from the bow.

I did boardwalk and it's very noisy from the dive show area. They blasted the football games and shows. 

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

We have stayed in both Central Park and BW balconies and the BW are most definitely louder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I did boardwalk and it's very noisy from the dive show area. They blasted the football games and shows. 

yes but not every night.

for central park folks can look down from buffet and pool areas.  Less privacy and the loud music is more hours than the aqua show.  Hey no reservations for show just sit on balcony.

Still more and more I go for interior rooms.

13 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes but not every night.

for central park folks can look down from buffet and pool areas.  Less privacy and the loud music is more hours than the aqua show.  Hey no reservations for show just sit on balcony.

Still more and more I go for interior rooms.

It was every night on allure. Either a movie, soccer, a football game, or shows. I had the show music memorized. I was sick that week and stuck to my cabin. 

Higher decks central park I could hear the kids screaming swimming in the pool, I'd choose a lower deck. I've had these cabins quite a few times. I'm on deck 12 with the "29" central park in less than 2 weeks. Lowest deck left with the double wide balcony. I know that high I'll hear the kids. My friend has the last boardwalk cabin. Cant wait for his feedback lol as he is a complainer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

It was every night on allure. Either a movie, soccer, a football game, or shows. I had the show music memorized. I was sick that week and stuck to my cabin. 

Higher decks central park I could hear the kids screaming swimming in the pool, I'd choose a lower deck. I've had these cabins quite a few times. I'm on deck 12 with the "29" central park in less than 2 weeks. Lowest deck left with the double wide balcony. I know that high I'll hear the kids. My friend has the last boardwalk cabin. Cant wait for his feedback lol as he is a complainer.

well I hear you but at least the boardwalk is a bit more fun.   I even think the lower window view on central park are good too.   but not promenade as that could be nosy.

It is a game to try and get a nice quiet room.  I was on a Princess ship in Alaska in August and was up front with only one room next to me and no foot traffic.   GEE wasn't I lucky to learn the guy next to me was hard of hearing and played his tv twice as loud.  earplug did not even help.  After I gently complained to room steward, the volume did come down.  Then I met him and he felt bad so he decided to use the closed caption.

so best laid plans can still not work. I mean I got the one person who has half deaf.  oh well.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, for your advice!!!  After reading everyone's posts, I'm thinking avoid Central Park and Boardwalk, and go Interior 😉 .  There are interior rooms on Deck 12, close to Wonderland...i.e. 12671 and looks like a "gap" from Wonderland itself.  Do you think would be quiet?  And fairly mid-ship/aft so should be good for motion sickness?  Let me know your thoughts 🙂 

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Me, I cruise to "see the sea".....always oceanfront facing balcony/suite cabin.  😉 

That has always been our motto as well.  We have our first CP balcony coming up in a month.  We have an OV balcony the first week and then we're switching cabins and moving to CP balcony.  It'll be interesting to see how much we miss the ocean views.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That has always been our motto as well.  We have our first CP balcony coming up in a month.  We have an OV balcony the first week and then we're switching cabins and moving to CP balcony.  It'll be interesting to see how much we miss the ocean views.  

You WILL miss it. At least end of boardwalk you can see out the aft. Central park is so closed in but a good deal. Those fake bird sounds got to me after a while. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the fake bird calls and you wouldnt have noticed them. I spent a lot of time up in the solarium.  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, travelchica915 said:

We are booked on deck 9 midship ocean view balcony. I asked our TA for a quiet spot and he said we are above the shops but facing out so noise should be minimal. Our room is 9184 if you want to look at the deck plan. 

OP asked about spot most suitable for motion sickness as well. Outside balconies are not the best option for this . The closer to the center of the ship and lower the deck the better . 

I personally would go with CP deck 9 , that way if there were times when this became an issue , at least you can come out for air , but still not be facing ocean . 

The other option as I think Biker stated is a very low inside cabin . Definitely the least movement you can possibly find , but , If you ever were to find yourself not feeling so great , you are confined to a very small space with no open air .

Most likely either way you would be fine as these Megaships are extremely stable on the water 

Cheers

On 11/16/2023 at 2:16 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

We have stayed in both Central Park and BW balconies and the BW are most definitely louder.

Agreed but we still prefer BW balconies to watch the activity below and to watch aqua theater shows. We use a white sound app on phones to mask the noise if the events run late.

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Let us know please. 

• Like 1

I go for like deck 9 to 11. I usually take the stairs unless I'm carrying food, so being in between the promenade to top deck works out. 

I've hear people complain boardwalk view is too noisy, but I think it's fine. If anything the balconies are less private. Just close your curtains because you can see into the rooms across the way at night. I've seen people getting dressed, like whoops don't want to see that. 

We had some real birds living in central park oasis in September. I saw two different species. I didn't notice the fake bird noise on oasis, but I did on Symphony. 

Edited by Pinballs83