Excursion to cheap, Princess cancelled and now $$$$

Yehootu

I kept looking at a future cruise, June 2025, for excursions. I've read where the "Best of The Golden Circle" tour in Reykjavik, Iceland usually sells out., so as soon as it became available I booked it. I will book a ships tour to hold it, then decide if I want that tour or an independent one. I know it's far away but I needed to spend some money so I booked it. I was looking at my credit card statement and saw where I was refunded 129.95pp and at first couldn't figure out what the refund was for. I figured it out seeing my booking was cancelled. The excursion is still listed, now it's $244.95. Thanks Princess, another reason to stay away from ship excursions!!

• Like 2

That is an excellent tour. If that had happened to me I'd be on the phone to Princess mad as a wet hen (how mad is a wet hen anyway?).

If you've got the original tour description and it matches the newer one, I would insist the honor your original booking.

• Like 1

I understand and would be unhappy, too.

May I suggest booking with Iceland Everywhere - they're outstanding!

We did their tours for cruise ship passengers this past June, in Reykjavik, Grundarfjordur, and Akureyri.    All 3 excellent and price quite attractive.

His tours fill up quickly.

Mary

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mary loves to travel said:

I understand and would be unhappy, too.

May I suggest booking with Iceland Everywhere - they're outstanding!

We did their tours for cruise ship passengers this past June, in Reykjavik, Grundarfjordur, and Akureyri.    All 3 excellent and price quite attractive.

His tours fill up quickly.

Mary

I'll look at those. Mahalo

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

That is an excellent tour. If that had happened to me I'd be on the phone to Princess mad as a wet hen (how mad is a wet hen anyway?).

If you've got the original tour description and it matches the newer one, I would insist the honor your original booking.

49 minutes ago, Sailor75 said:

I would call Princess too, even if it was an incorrect price they should still honor it. How many people could've booked the excursion that far out? But, I've never been to Iceland so maybe people do.

Who would you call? A PVP who can barely do reservations? If you have a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Aloha, @YehootuGo with Iceland Everywhere.  We did three excursions with Siggi.  Reykjavik,  Akureyri and Grundarfjordur.  Very enjoyable days.  He is excellent.  We paid about a month out, but you could pay that day.  He offered a discount for booking all three.  Tours filled  up in February for our July cruise.  At Grundarfjordur, One couple didn’t make it off in time due to the issues with immigration clearance and only one tender working.  Siggi refunded them.  This was on the Island. 

Agree, the price Princess gave you of $128.00 was probably a mistake on their part as I think IET charges about that. I didn’t say it was right, however. 

I thought of him this week as the news of the evacuations on the Reykajnes Peninsula.  Someone had asked him about where people would go in the event of evacuations. (The volcano was erupting then, but the situation wasn’t as serious as it is now).  He said people would take everyone in, of course.  No one would be without a place to stay.  He seemed shocked that people would stay in a shelter.  Strong Ohana in Iceland. 

https://www.icelandeverywhere.is/destination/golden-circle-kerid-crater-shore-excursion/

Edited by milolii

24 minutes ago, milolii said:

Aloha, @YehootuGo with Iceland Everywhere.  We did three excursions with Siggi.  Reykjavik,  Akureyri and Grundarfjordur.  Very enjoyable days.  He is excellent.  We paid about a month out, but you could pay that day.  He offered a discount for booking all three.  Tours filled  up in February for our July cruise.  At Grundarfjordur, One couple didn’t make it off in time due to the issues with immigration clearance and only one tender working.  Siggi refunded them.  This was on the Island. 

Agree, the price Princess gave you of $128.00 was probably a mistake on their part as I think IET charges about that. I didn’t say it was right, however. 

I thought of him this week as the news of the evacuations on the Reykajnes Peninsula.  Someone had asked him about where people would go in the event of evacuations. (The volcano was erupting then, but the situation wasn’t as serious as it is now).  He said people would take everyone in, of course.  No one would be without a place to stay.  He seemed shocked that people would stay in a shelter.  Strong Ohana in Iceland. 

https://www.icelandeverywhere.is/destination/golden-circle-kerid-crater-shore-excursion/

Mahalo, I sent an email today asking when their excursions would open for our dates in 2025. Said they came highly recommended and we didn't want to miss getting a reservation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On my September 2025 cruise the "Best of the Golden Circle" tour in Reykjavik was USD229.95 until this week it went up to USD244.95. It looks like your tour was listed at the incorrect price but I would still be unimpressed that they simply cancelled your reservation rather than sending you an email and explaining that it was an error.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

1 hour ago, milolii said:

Thank you for your recommendation. I looked at their website and their tours look excellent. I am booked on a cruise for September 2025 going to these three ports and will keep an eye out for when their tours open for booking. I have also saved the link. Thanks again.

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Thanks 1

This has happened to us twice now.  First one was a 5 hour snorkel cruise from Maui.  Price was $99 per person  I thought that was a good price.  Booked and paid for two tickets.  Couple months later we get a refund and see our booking for that excursion is gone and the offer of it on the Princess excursion listing has disappeared as well.  Then a couple weeks later it is back on the excursion list now priced at $169 per person.  Just left a bad taste in my mouth so did not re-book it.

Second time was just a small increase, but still caused me to change plans.  Booked a 3.5 hour snorkel cruise excursion in Tortola for $79 per person (5 people going).  2-3 months after booking and paying, I again get refunded and find the reservation gone as well as the listing for the excursion on the princess offerings.  Then, couple weeks later, the same excursion shows up for $99 per person.  (This one hasn't sailed yet, but I am not doing this excursion just because I don't feel good about the price jump.)