Pre-cruise hotel Ft Lauderdale

Likes2cruise

I've done a lot of research since we are going to be cruising from Port Everglades too. Price vs quality is very disappointing. If one wants to save money, it may take time to do the research and being flexible. I've chosen to stay slightly farther away from the port and rely on Uber/Lyft rather on hotel's shuttle. 

We have been staying at the Hilton Marina for over 13 years and is my favorite hotel for one big reason and one smaller. We always get a room on the cruise port side to watch the ships go in and out. the ships start rolling in around 5:00am a beautiful sight with all the lights and so quiet. The other reason is the water taxi stops right at the hotel. The last time we were there last year at Christmas they were working on renovating the restaurant. But we usual eat at the restaurant behind the hotel on 15th Street Fisheries. The hotel also has several different room types and styles which the higher up in the hotel the nicer the room. The only thing we have noticed over the years is check in/out on cruise day is getting very congested. The last time we stayed at the Embassy which was a long time ago we did not care for all the noise coming up from lobby and kids running around. Before that we stayed in Pompano Beach Embassy which is a ways from the port and air port.     

• Like 1

We are fans of Conrad on Fort Lauderdale Beach. Rooms are spacious, views are amazing, Takato is awesome, and staff goes above and beyond. Last year, when we checked in there was a hand written card waiting for us along with this lovely chocolate concoction the chef prepared.20221124_152301.thumb.jpg.ec2325a06fcc8c699f0b6ed51b835563.jpg

4 minutes ago, J13C85 said:

We are fans of Conrad on Fort Lauderdale Beach. Rooms are spacious, views are amazing, Takato is awesome, and staff goes above and beyond. Last year, when we checked in there was a hand written card waiting for us along with this lovely chocolate concoction the chef prepared.20221124_152301.thumb.jpg.ec2325a06fcc8c699f0b6ed51b835563.jpg

Sorry to jump in…. But we have switched our allegiance from Pillars to Conrad, because the service levels are a notch above…. So another recommendation for Conrad.

23 hours ago, Likes2cruise said:

Just checked into the Hilton Marina for our pre-cruise night.  For the price, it's not as nice as the Embassy Suites that Princess used in the past. 

We did a Panama Canal partial transit this past February and stayed at the Embassy Suites (Princess hotel package). Yes,pricey but very nice and you don't have to worry about your transfers either way. 

On 11/18/2023 at 9:34 AM, Likes2cruise said:

Just checked into the Hilton Marina for our pre-cruise night.  For the price, it's not as nice as the Embassy Suites that Princess used in the past. 

I like the Hilton Marina as I am a Diamond member and always get a room on the Honors Floor overlooking the port!  I love sitting on the balcony watching the ships come and go and there's nothing like looking at your ship directly in front of you on cruise day!

• Like 1

We're booked through Princess at the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach, all set up by our travel agent. $125/PP including all 3 transfers. I didn't think that was too bad, probably could have saved a little setting it up myself and using Uber but who cares, it's vacation!