Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I hope so he deserves it.  He was prepping in this picture. 

We were last in Luminae one night and the were clowning around.   Marcus and Sonny swapped jobs   Some how Marcus got into Sonny’s jacket  IMG_2969.thumb.jpeg.35467e316c2605e24704ae28fd45cacd.jpeg

We are on the Ascent, I saw Marcus, recognized him from Apex! Looks like he is a waiter now! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bejay219 said:

We are on the Ascent, I saw Marcus, recognized him from Apex! Looks like he is a waiter now! 

That's wonderful to hear, I know he had told me that he thought he would be going to Ascent.  He is such a nice person and was great as an assistant waiter, I'm sure even better as waiter.

• Like 2

Just talking to one of our friends  who's daughter  is in Sydney going to university there. 

We went from Rome to Singapore on one of the Princess ships. It was quite an experience going through the Suez Canal. . Love reading all your posts. Christmas  will be a little sad without David but we have 3 children and 5 grandchildren 2 .sets of twins and a single that we see.

.I keep thinking about all the cruises we did and all the wonderful people we met 

Keep on cruising.  Sherrill 

• Like 9

On 12/7/2023 at 9:33 PM, hcat said:

looking  forward to s short cruise on Silho..Want to see if might be a better fit for us  going forward..has some nice Specialty restaurants

Couldn’t agree more, a shame they have moved her from her home port of Southampton next summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Just talking to one of our friends  who's daughter  is in Sydney going to university there. 

We went from Rome to Singapore on one of the Princess ships. It was quite an experience going through the Suez Canal. . Love reading all your posts. Christmas  will be a little sad without David but we have 3 children and 5 grandchildren 2 .sets of twins and a single that we see.

.I keep thinking about all the cruises we did and all the wonderful people we met 

Keep on cruising.  Sherrill 

Sherrill

Those memories will always be with you and David will be with you forever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Couldn’t agree more, a shame they have moved her from her home port of Southampton next summer.

She was perfectly fitted for the UK market.  I remember you Covid StayCation.   Seems so long ago now.   Time flies. 

On 12/6/2023 at 7:24 PM, Jim_Iain said:

We gave up on Xmas about 20 years ago.   Sorry for our poor attitude to all of you Xmas lovers.   

I have to do my Xmas shopping next week -   Amazon Gift Cards for all the Grandchildren.   I know Bahhhhh Humbug but that's us.

We usually have Thanksgiving with my husband's (and my bonus) family at my stepdaughter and son-in-law's ranch in Texas. Larry had already figured out a gift for all the kids. They begged us to tell them want we wanted for Christmas. After telling them "nothing" several times, we finally said a donation to charity. If they didn't have a favorite, we suggested Heifer International. My late brother-in-law and his wife introduced us to this wonderful charity, but we would be happy with a donation to just about any charity. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 2023 said:

Forecast upgraded to 40°C by noon - that’s 104F I believe- Slip, Slop, Slap, Slide and Shade as we have no ozone you know! And stay hydrated!

I live approx 38mins from Circular Quay and the temperature was showing as 43°C an hour ago - approx 110F.  

• Like 2

You might have noticed that Sydney Harbour has some extra cruise ships today, such as Quantum of the Seas, diverted from the Queensland cyclones. You were obviously lucky to get away from Airlie Beach just in time!

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/quantum-port-calls-cancelled-as-cyclone-nears/

Edited by Bullswood

5 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Ah, nostalgia...if memory serves that low rise building on the left was one of the hotels we stayed in at The Rocks.

Today was fun.   We have departed Sydney but for whatever reason getting terrible internet.  Speeds less than 1 download and .5 upload.   Hope it's temporary.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Bed head...if I had that much hair I'd wear it any way I liked.  Enjoy it!  (oh and yes, that is a nice shirt)

I have to admit it's a head full and has a mind of it's self.   My hairdresser has to thin it with thinning shears. 

2 hours ago, FeebeeH said:

I live approx 38mins from Circular Quay and the temperature was showing as 43°C an hour ago - approx 110F.  

It was funny... we were meeting David and Robert at the Art Museum for lunch.  Really hot on the way up but on the way home there was a nice breeze and comfortable until we got to Circular Quay.   

I've been hydrating before we left.   Also picked up a BP Monitor.   Doctor was wanting me to seen him BP an Pulse rates.      Luckily both look good and not really dehydrated after leaving the ship.

• Like 6

For those from Sydney, I noticed two guys on the bridge next door.  

Asked a Sydney friend.  

He said it was James Tobin, Sunrise on 7

Captain had said in a briefing on previous cruise we would be arriving 5:30 and would be met with fire boats, would do a 360 and news helicopters for Edge inaugural visit to Sydney to kick off new season.  

Nothing happened to the disappointment of those that got up early. 

IMG_1612.jpeg

• Like 3