Booking While Onboard

tunaman2011

My experience has been different than just a straight $250 SBC.  I have a flyer from a September sailing that says "SBC on your current or future voyage is $100 to $500 per booking, certain restrictions apply."  Perhaps a call to O for your particular stateroom category, length of cruise, etc. will clarify the exact number for you.  Good Luck.

• Like 1

@tunaman2011

Too simple a Q.  If you are on board, just chat with the Club Ambassador because it is not a set amount for every booking. We have received from $100-500. Prior to O adding a Cancellation Fee of $150 like other lines, we would ALWAYS book one or more future cruises, some we knew we wanted to take and others were a Maybe. If a Maybe, I booked as far out as possible so I could use the one time swap feature if another cruise fit best with our plans. 
Good luck with your planning and bookings. 
Mauibabes

2 hours ago, mauibabes said:

@tunaman2011

Too simple a Q.  If you are on board, just chat with the Club Ambassador because it is not a set amount for every booking. We have received from $100-500. Prior to O adding a Cancellation Fee of $150 like other lines, we would ALWAYS book one or more future cruises, some we knew we wanted to take and others were a Maybe. If a Maybe, I booked as far out as possible so I could use the one time swap feature if another cruise fit best with our plans. 
Good luck with your planning and bookings. 
Mauibabes

Can still use the one time swap feature without paying the $150 pp penalty fee. In fact, AFAIK a cruise booked using an on board booking is the only way to avoid a penalty for changing your mind about an O cruise.

I'm not so sure that swapping a cruise booked while aboard can be done without the $150 fee....

I booked a cruise to Bermuda while on board. The exact same cruise, sailing the week before, is now in the Black Friday sale. I would have to pay the $150 to switch, and lose my OBC as well. Not worth it!

IMHO you  can swap your current cruise for the one a week prior and not incur the $150 Fee.  Definitely talk to Oceania because you always get one “free” swap with any on board booking. You may want to confirm that any change has combineable discount features before actually exercising your swap. 
Mauibabes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

I'm not so sure that swapping a cruise booked while aboard can be done without the $150 fee....

I booked a cruise to Bermuda while on board. The exact same cruise, sailing the week before, is now in the Black Friday sale. I would have to pay the $150 to switch, and lose my OBC as well. Not worth it!

Absolutely not what I was told 3 days ago while on board Vista. I would recheck!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tunaman2011 said:

Greetings

Does anyone know the current amount of OBC offered when booking your next cruise while onboard?

Thanks 

Good Sailing

Tom

It can vary. We booked th Jan. 19 cruise(the 12 days version) last Jan. We got $400 OBC

On 11/20/2023 at 2:08 PM, tropicalkerry2002 said:

Wrong- 

if you booked onboard, you have a price drop match guarantee. No rebook required. - just a price match on your current booking.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

But MY cruise is not on sale, the one

the previous week is.

I think FF was saying that you do not pay the $150/person fee since a one-time change is included when booked onboard.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

On the Marina last March, we booked a January-February 2025 Miami-Los Angeles, Los Angeles- Miami b2b on the Vista. This week (we are on the Marina), we moved the Los Angeles-Miami trip to November, 2025 b2b transatlantic on the Marina. We kept the Miami-Los Angeles trip.  We did not pay the $150.00 cancel fee as we used the one time change that is available when booking onboard. 

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I think FF was saying that you do not pay the $150/person fee since a one-time change is included when booked onboard.

True - I should’ve been more clear. OP can swap a BoB once w/o penalty. That might change the booking number, though I’m not sure because I’d want any “new” booking to also have the BoB notation in the invoice math.

5 hours ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

Or you can go home, take a deep breath and then call your travel agent within 30 days of your cruise. Same deals offered.

Unless I have misunderstood you, I do not think this is correct.
You can receive the book onboard benefits by booking your next cruise up to 30 days prior to sailing, but after you leave the ship, you will not be able to get the book on board benefits.

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

Unless I have misunderstood you, I do not think this is correct.
You can receive the book onboard benefits by booking your next cruise up to 30 days prior to sailing, but after you leave the ship, you will not be able to get the book on board benefits.

The information I had was within 30 days before or after your cruise, but recently saw a post saying that will change to 14 days as of Dec 1, '23.

As usual, the proper answer is "call Oceania three times and average the answers -- especially on yes/no questions."  🙄

4 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

The information I had was within 30 days before or after your cruise, but recently saw a post saying that will change to 14 days as of Dec 1, '23.

As usual, the proper answer is "call Oceania three times and average the answers -- especially on yes/no questions."  🙄

HaHa, yes, agree! 
Well, maybe that’s part of the new changes…….

Thx! Ppl need to double (and triple!) check.

A number of folks here on CC have reported that they were told by someone (or read somewhere) that you could do the BoB deal for a month after the cruise (as well as during the month prior to embark) only to find that it was/is not true.

Extension of the BoB deal has long been pre-cruise only (and limited to 30 days.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2023 at 2:08 PM, tropicalkerry2002 said:

Talk to your TA and have them contact Oceania for Black Friday price. My TA did that for 2cruises I had booked while onboard. 

Edited by CruiseFlee