Jump to content
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Black Friday Sale with 30 to 50% off


PaulMCO
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

I’m sure Explorer said they wouldn’t be doing ‘sales’ bet there’s a lot of unhappy people who booked at full price 

Yes especially those that have fully paid.  Otherwise your TA can request a refare.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

Black Friday sale...  30 to 50% off.

Lots of limitations

 

Only OT4 to OT1 suites

Blackout dates (Christmas and New Year Cruises)

 

https://explorajourneys.com/us/en/info/terms-conditions/the-exclusive-sale

Paul i thought about the Vancouver to Los Angeles trip however it ends on Mother's day so cannot do as DW will want to be with family. Of course i know you will think taking the whole family is an option lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Waltershipman said:

Paul i thought about the Vancouver to Los Angeles trip however it ends on Mother's day so cannot do as DW will want to be with family. Of course i know you will think taking the whole family is an option lol

Paul loved the info i too received the email 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

I’m sure Explorer said they wouldn’t be doing ‘sales’ bet there’s a lot of unhappy people who booked at full price 

No surprise and we warned, months ago, of our opinion that EJ has made a lot of unforced errors with their marketing and insistence on short (mostly 7 day) itineraries.   While DW and I truly enjoyed our 18 days on the EJ1, we had paid about half of what the line wants for future cruises.  Coming off the cruise our opinion was that we had little interest in the short 7 day itineraries at the current pricing and would rather be on Seabourn (or some other lines) for less money than EJ.  

 

Even at a substantial discount (such as with this sale) we cannot get excited about the EJ itineraries.  We will take a good look, but our excitement "meter" is not moving off the gauge.

 

Hank

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

No surprise and we warned, months ago, of our opinion that EJ has made a lot of unforced errors with their marketing and insistence on short (mostly 7 day) itineraries.   While DW and I truly enjoyed our 18 days on the EJ1, we had paid about half of what the line wants for future cruises.  Coming off the cruise our opinion was that we had little interest in the short 7 day itineraries at the current pricing and would rather be on Seabourn (or some other lines) for less money than EJ.  

 

Even at a substantial discount (such as with this sale) we cannot get excited about the EJ itineraries.  We will take a good look, but our excitement "meter" is not moving off the gauge.

 

Hank

Thanks Hank but for mother's day id be on that cruise happy Thanksgiving to you and DW

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

No surprise and we warned, months ago, of our opinion that EJ has made a lot of unforced errors with their marketing and insistence on short (mostly 7 day) itineraries.   While DW and I truly enjoyed our 18 days on the EJ1, we had paid about half of what the line wants for future cruises.  Coming off the cruise our opinion was that we had little interest in the short 7 day itineraries at the current pricing and would rather be on Seabourn (or some other lines) for less money than EJ.  

 

Even at a substantial discount (such as with this sale) we cannot get excited about the EJ itineraries.  We will take a good look, but our excitement "meter" is not moving off the gauge.

 

Hank

I did see the nice ‘new’ longer San Juan to San Juan ABC Islands to French Antilles 14-day. I had wanted to repeat an MSC French Antilles 14-day we took several years ago, but don’t like the air fares to Barbados or Martinique. This itinerary gets us cheaper flights to San Juan and adds ABC Islands. I did get an option booked for an OT-1. With that 30% discount we’re looking at the ~$450 per person per day, which is my sweet spot.

 

Edited by kelleherdl
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

I did see the nice ‘new’ longer San Juan to San Juan ABC Islands to French Antilles 14-day. I had wanted to repeat an MSC French Antilles 14-day we took several years ago, but don’t like the air fares to Barbados or Martinique. This itinerary gets us cheaper flights to San Juan and adds ABC Islands. I did get and option booked for an OT-1. With that 30% discount we’re looking at the ~$450 per person per day, which is my sweet spot.

 

We can't get too excited about the Caribbean (although we still cruise, once a year, in those waters).  Their European itineraries are of some interest, and it looks like the OT1s are pricing about $525 per person/day.   That is a decent price for the EJ product, but unlike Seabourn, Silverseas, etc. the EJ folks do not offer the business class bargains we can get with those lines.  

 

We are still scratching our head at the lack of marketing for this product.  Consider that we are now past passengers and seldom hear anything from EJ about promotions, or upcoming itineraries.  My e-mail boxes are full of info/marketing from nearly every cruise line except EJ.  In fact, when we mention EJ to most friends, they give us a blank look because they have never heard of the line!  Go figure.

 

Hank

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We can't get too excited about the Caribbean (although we still cruise, once a year, in those waters).  Their European itineraries are of some interest, and it looks like the OT1s are pricing about $525 per person/day.   That is a decent price for the EJ product, but unlike Seabourn, Silverseas, etc. the EJ folks do not offer the business class bargains we can get with those lines.  

 

We are still scratching our head at the lack of marketing for this product.  Consider that we are now past passengers and seldom hear anything from EJ about promotions, or upcoming itineraries.  My e-mail boxes are full of info/marketing from nearly every cruise line except EJ.  In fact, when we mention EJ to most friends, they give us a blank look because they have never heard of the line!  Go figure.

 

Hank

We snagged the 16-day Rome to Barcelona to Barcelona with the Wave 3 cancellation bonus. That came in at $430 per person per pay. But that was the extra discount due to the multiple itinerary cancellations. That itinerary and the new Caribbean itinerary were the ONLY ones that grabbed us.

 

i agree wholeheartedly on the marketing. I do get a lot of generic emails, but were it not for my TA I think we would be missing out on specific good deals. I am sure we would have missed out on this current set of Black Friday discounts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

We snagged the 16-day Rome to Barcelona to Barcelona with the Wave 3 cancellation bonus. That came in at $430 per person per pay. But that was the extra discount due to the multiple itinerary cancellations. That itinerary and the new Caribbean itinerary were the ONLY ones that grabbed us.

 

i agree wholeheartedly on the marketing. I do get a lot of generic emails, but were it not for my TA I think we would be missing out on specific good deals. I am sure we would have missed out on this current set of Black Friday discounts.

I'm intrigued .... did they actually allow you to use the "Exclusive Sale Discount" AND your 25% Future Cruise Credit (because of cancellation) discount?

 

Much appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

I’m sure Explorer said they wouldn’t be doing ‘sales’ bet there’s a lot of unhappy people who booked at full price 


C’mon - welcome to the real world where cruise companies make offers all the time to repackage cruises and offer inclusions and attract customers 

 

We’ve certainly booked a future cruise on Explora 2 and can’t wait to get back onboard 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I'm intrigued .... did they actually allow you to use the "Exclusive Sale Discount" AND your 25% Future Cruise Credit (because of cancellation) discount?

 

Much appreciated!

No.  We got the Extended Journey discount and the 25% FCC, which came to our final price.  Our ‘new’ cost was before the Black Friday Sale.  I doubt we would have gotten both. 

Edited by kelleherdl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems like the discount does not just include the few cruises that Explora specified in it's email. Over 30 cruises are discounted on a discount travel company's website in the USA. I paid in full the Explora price ( less the onboard booking and paid in full discounts) for a cruise on December 22, the exact same cruise is now being offered for approximately 40% less today without the credits. 

 

So much for the promise not to discount cruises. I'm working with my travel agent to try to get Explora to make this right. .

 

I loved the Explora experience and hope they will make this right for me and other customers in the same predicament

Edited by Arizonasunshine
wrong wording
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Arizonasunshine said:

It seems like the discount does not just include the few cruises that Explora specified in it's email. Over 30 cruises are discounted on a discount travel company's website in the USA. I paid in full the Explora price ( less the onboard booking and paid in full discounts) for a cruise on December 22, the exact same cruise is now being offered for approximately 40% less today without the credits. 

 

So much for the promise not to discount cruises. I'm working with my travel agent to try to get Explora to make this right. .

 

I loved the Explora experience and hope they will make this right for me and other customers in the same predicament

Same for me on an April cruise we booked when on board and paid in full. Fortunately my cruise is only 20% discounted and the sale makes it only $380 less than I paid, and I will have a 15% penalty to rebook so not worth it and Explora did not budge when my agent called. I’ll be curious to see if you can get them to work with you since 40% is a significant savings. 
 

One thing I’ve been thinking about is what if I move my cruise to another booking?  This appears to be a one time option with no admin/penalty fee charged if you move your current booking to another cruise, but I’m unclear on the before 180 days or after 180 days for the new booking. I’m thinking of booking a new deeply discounted cruise that is 7 months past my original booking. If I can move the April cruise to the new cruise, I can then rebook my original cruise at the 20% discounted price. I’m Just not sure all the work to do this makes sense for $380 in savings but it’s the principal of the matter. 

 

Have you thought about booking another cruise with them?  You may be able to take advantage of the change your booking one time option if so, you can then rebook the December cruise at the 40%. Read the T and C and see if might work for you. Or, perhaps I’m interpreting it incorrectly and it’s not an option. I do feel your pain and I hope it works out for you. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

From what I see most of the discounts only apply to Ocean Residences and only select rooms in that catagory. You’ll find out what is discounted when you go to the “book” page.

The EJ booking website clearly shows which cruises are included in the Exclusive Savings Event (at least the US site does). Each search listing shows the discounted fare with the discount %, where applicable. The % discounts apply to all suite categories from OT-1 and up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...