Air2sea not having all available flights or airports

Nn2036

The air2sea website is very restrictive. For Southampton port, the only airport available is Heathrow. No Gatwick. I found many more flight options on Google flight. For example, I found more affordable options with SAS but they are not available on air2sea website.

Question to experienced air2sea users: if you call them, do the agents get access to more option and flexibility to book flights?

Are you aware of how Air2Sea works?

These are consolidator tickets. The tickets were negotiated in price a year ago. Along with city pairs  and airports. These are not the same tickets you or I may purchase from the airline directly. They don't take your request and then call the airline and buy tickets for you from the airline of your choice. They look at what they have available and then issue a reservation. It could also be that they do or did have ticket pairs that matched your needs, but only have 2 and you need 3, therefore unable to sell to you.

There is an old but still viable sticky post on the Cruise Air board that can help one better understand how cruise air and deviation works.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nn2036 said:

The air2sea website is very restrictive. For Southampton port, the only airport available is Heathrow. No Gatwick. I found many more flight options on Google flight. For example, I found more affordable options with SAS but they are not available on air2sea website.

Question to experienced air2sea users: if you call them, do the agents get access to more option and flexibility to book flights?

SAS usually does have great fares so does Nordic Air.   I believe the both fly into Gatwick.

We found Gatwick to be a much easier airport than Heathrow.   

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

SAS usually does have great fares so does Nordic Air.   I believe the both fly into Gatwick.

We found Gatwick to be a much easier airport than Heathrow.   

Can you say why you like Gatwick better? Weve never been to the port of Southampton but plan to have a cruise there soon.

Just a guess, less people and Gatwick is better staffed from reviews I have seen.

How busy is Gatwick Airport compared to Heathrow?

2021 / 2022 data
Rank 2022 Airport Total passengers
1 London Heathrow 61,611,838
2 London Gatwick 32,835,381
3 Manchester 23,364,471

4 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Can you say why you like Gatwick better? Weve never been to the port of Southampton but plan to have a cruise there soon.

Gatwick is not as large as Heathrow.   I found it to be an easy airport to navigate and customs was a breeze.  Gatwick is about 20 km further from Southampton port but easy access to the train station at the airport.    IMO, taking the train to Southampton is the easiest and nice scenic ride.too.   

• Thanks 1