Marina remodeling

Bojangles

We know now, remodeling on Marina is May.  What they do not mention is the tubs in the  balcony rooms.  My only complaint is with the shower tub combination with the half glass.  I am very short and it was very hard to climb over or reach in to turn on the shower.  I am hoping they remodel the bathrooms like on Riveria.  Walk in showers. More space, easy to use.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

We know now, remodeling on Marina is May.  What they do not mention is the tubs in the  balcony rooms.  My only complaint is with the shower tub combination with the half glass.  I am very short and it was very hard to climb over or reach in to turn on the shower.  I am hoping they remodel the bathrooms like on Riveria.  Walk in showers. More space, easy to use.

Have you read the existing thread about the refurbishment?

The quick answer is that there may not be any remodeling of the bathrooms (post # 37).

Edited by 1985rz1

20 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

The stand alone shower  work fine  no need to crawl in the tub

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2023/Oceania+Cruises’+Marina+to+Undergo+Extensive+Refurbishment+in+May+2024/

• Like 1

Oh boy. 

As mentioned above, there are at least two threads on this subject currently on the front page. Apparently the current info is that there will be no structural changes to the bathrooms on any of the categories. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ORV said:

Oh boy. 

As mentioned above, there are at least two threads on this subject currently on the front page. Apparently the current info is that there will be no structural changes to the bathrooms on any of the categories. 

just PH  cabins

The Penthouse Suites will be completely refurbished with custom-crafted furniture as well as new closets and cabinetry to increase guest storage space, plus new carpets and upholstery, updated modern lighting and thoughtful details such as more outlets and USB ports. Each Penthouse Suite will have a sleek restyled bathroom, with distinctive Italian marble throughout, abundant drawer space, and generous over-sized showers, offering the elegant residential luxury for which Oceania Cruises is renowned.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2023/Oceania+Cruises’+Marina+to+Undergo+Extensive+Refurbishment+in+May+2024/

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

just PH  cabins

The Penthouse Suites will be completely refurbished with custom-crafted furniture as well as new closets and cabinetry to increase guest storage space, plus new carpets and upholstery, updated modern lighting and thoughtful details such as more outlets and USB ports. Each Penthouse Suite will have a sleek restyled bathroom, with distinctive Italian marble throughout, abundant drawer space, and generous over-sized showers, offering the elegant residential luxury for which Oceania Cruises is renowned.

I guess I was going by what another poster got from their TA on the other thread. I’ll read the press release instead of 3rd party posts. See reply below. 

Edited by ORV

On 11/24/2023 at 5:58 AM, Vallesan said:

This is Oceania’s reply to my TA…..

Our second O-class vessel, Marina, will undergo a full and extensive refurbishment in May 2024. 

• Marina will be the final ship within Oceania Cruises’ award-winning fleet to be refurbished     While it will be extensive and all encompassing, it will not be to the same level of her sister ship, Riviera:
  • All of the upper suites will receive a full cosmetic refresh, the same as Riviera
  • All of the penthouse suites will be completely redecorated
  • All of the staterooms will have a fabric and upholstery refresh.
  • We will not be building out entirely new bathrooms as it unfortunately cannot be accomplished within the timeframe required. 
  • All public areas will be refreshed to be in-line with Riviera.

Hope this clears up the questions.

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe the condensed version 😁

Well the fifth bullet point specifically says they won’t be doing the showers, but it doesn’t reference the room category. 

• Like 1

It really does seem to be a fairly significant change from plan.  Didn’t the Riviera also get new furniture with lighter wood finishes? Per the bulleted list provided on another thread  it says just a fabric and upholstery refresh for all staterooms.  Not that I’d consider canceling a cruise but it will make a fairly significant difference in the veranda staterooms now between the two O class ships. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Well the fifth bullet point specifically says they won’t be doing the showers, but it doesn’t reference the room category. 

The article posted on the other thread did specify cabins. Anything below PH will not have bathrooms touched, only fabric upgrades in the cabins. 
I realize I do not have vast Oceania experience, but both the article posted and the TA response posted on the other thread stated this, so maybe there is some truth in it? Idk. 
The article, published 11/21, was one day past penalty phase (under old booking rules) which started 11/20 for the first cruise on 5/18 post refurbishment. That could absolutely be purely coincidental and maybe there was an earlier announcement that was missed. 
I tend to agree with posts on the other thread that it’s all likely boiling down to decisions based on dollars. The lack of bathroom retrofit in the majority of cabins may not mean much to some, maybe even many people. However, some who booked based on the planned refurbishment same as Riviera, who are disappointed, I believe have a voice that has reason as well. 

Edited by Vineyard View

32 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

The article posted on the other thread

We've got so many threads going on this could you point out which one. I don't always read the links posted in threads, so I might have missed what you're referring to. 

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

We've got so many threads going on this could you point out which one. I don't always read the links posted in threads, so I might have missed what you're referring to. 

I completely agree ORV!  Three threads. One topic. 

Marina Refurbishment - threads #35 & #37 were the ones I was referring to. Who knows. There may be others! 

12 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I completely agree ORV!  Three threads. One topic. 

Marina Refurbishment - threads #35 & #37 were the ones I was referring to. Who knows. There may be others! 

I see the part you're talking about now, but how to we know for sure that Marketing doesn't consider the current showers in the PH "generous oversized"?  I guess we'll have to wait and see. I do agree it's all about money and them not wanting to spend any more on this than necessary, yet fulfill the previously promised upgrade to some degree. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ORV said:

I see the part you're talking about now, but how to we know for sure that Marketing doesn't consider the current showers in the PH "generous oversized"?  I guess we'll have to wait and see. I do agree it's all about money and them not wanting to spend any more on this than necessary, yet fulfill the previously promised upgrade to some degree. 

You all know Oceania better than me. I honestly don’t know what to expect other than what they published

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Agree that the stand alone shower works, but disagree that it works fine. Certainly not a big problem (like tiny showers on R class ships), but they are a bit small. I am not a huge guy but if I drop soap on floor of shower, I have to open door to bend down to pick it up🤔. Not a big deal...would have been nice for bathrooms to be remodeled..though.

• Like 2

On the O class ships for the categories that have the small shower and a tub/shower combo I tend to use the shower in the tub, although for someone mobility challenged I'm sure it's difficult to step in and out of.