Would you upgrade from a deluxe Oceanview with 2 bathrooms for a cove balcony on the Venezia?

Jeafl

We just received our first ever upgrade offer, after 11 cruises on Carnival.  It is $192 to upgrade to the Cove balcony.  The balcony cabin is 2295 which is under the MDR, so the location is good.  The only downfall I see is that we would be giving up the second bathroom.  Any thoughts?

My personal opinion is that I'd always take a balcony over ocean view, I'm sure others have differing opinions.  We've had a cove balcony just once and liked it.  We spend a lot of time sitting on our balcony either reading or enjoying a drink and watching the water go by.  It just depends on what you like.

• Like 1

The short answer for us would be no.  Although its been a few years since we have had any oceanview cabin, the bottom line is we are not fans of the coves (not a fan of the salt spray wipe down on the balcony every time to use it as it is always misty and way too close to the water for our liking).  The deluxe OV is a great cabin especially if you have kids with you or just some extra bathroom space for getting ready.  Is your OV in a better location overall?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Drazil65 said:

The short answer for us would be no.  Although its been a few years since we have had any oceanview cabin, the bottom line is we are not fans of the coves (not a fan of the salt spray wipe down on the balcony every time to use it as it is always misty and way too close to the water for our liking).  The deluxe OV is a great cabin especially if you have kids with you or just some extra bathroom space for getting ready.  Is your OV in a better location overall?  

Very similar location.  Both would be midship.

6 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

It would depend on the composition of your party.  If you have kids along in the same cabin, esp. teens, two showers and sinks would trump the balcony.  EM

It would just be me and my husband.

2 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

$192 ttl or pp?  

its kind of a coin flip to me.  i love the deluxe OV.  this from a fella that only did balconies first 10 cruises or so.  

i like the higher up balconies in port so i can see more stuff in the distance.  at sea not so much so long as it isnt obstructed view.   

It was $192 total.

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

Hi, did you receive this offer via e-mail? Thank you.

I actually found it accidentally on the Carnival website under Manage my Booking.  It was just sitting there, in rather small print, actually.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 12:09 PM, Jeafl said:

We just received our first ever upgrade offer, after 11 cruises on Carnival.  It is $192 to upgrade to the Cove balcony.  The balcony cabin is 2295 which is under the MDR, so the location is good.  The only downfall I see is that we would be giving up the second bathroom.  Any thoughts?

I take a nap before late dinner. Would you not hear noise and thumping around at 5:30pm? 

How many ppl would be in your cabin? 

On 12/1/2023 at 12:54 PM, havanadaydreaming said:

all these years and we've still not seen an upgrade offer.  

There's always hope.  This is our 13th cruise and first upgrade offer.  I wasn't even looking for it.  I just happened to notice it when I went to check when our final payment was due.  It was just sitting there in small print.  Very easy to miss!

On 12/1/2023 at 4:51 PM, seaman11 said:

I take a nap before late dinner. Would you not hear noise and thumping around at 5:30pm? 

How many ppl would be in your cabin? 

I hope there is no noise.  I figured the MDR has carpet so that will help.

We have just 2 people in the room.