getting Princess Medallion

bobpell

3 hours ago, bobpell said:

Any Canucks getting it mailed to them

If so when and how much?

thanks

Bob

We're doing our first Princess cruise in April - and wondering - what is the benefit to getting the Medallion before arrival? Does it speed up check in?

Without your medallions you are directed into a blue line requiring you to meet with a Princess employee who has to find your medallions before you are allowed into a hall where you are given a boarding number.

The hall becomes very crowded until the first group is allowed on board. Those who have their medallions already get into this hall right away and get a lower boarding number

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, bobpell said:

Without your medallions you are directed into a blue line requiring you to meet with a Princess employee who has to find your medallions before you are allowed into a hall where you are given a boarding number.

The hall becomes very crowded until the first group is allowed on board. Those who have their medallions already get into this hall right away and get a lower boarding number

Here is a previous thread on the subject

• Thanks 1

.Thanks for the info gnome12

the blue line for this newby moved along quite quickly at 10:30am

The hall filled up rapidly after we got our discs.

the Fire Marshall would not have been happy with the packed in multitudes waiting for the boarding call...about 11:20

Masks popped up quickly as the crowd swelled!!

Can't wait for the Emerald in Feb.

HAL transplant

Bob

44 minutes ago, mom says said:

That blue line is such a time suck. I think we stood in line for a whole extra minute before our last cruise. Sigh. 

Consider yourself lucky, we had to endure an intolerable TWO minutes when we went to collect our disks last month in San Pedro.  The things we paying passengers have to endure ;o)

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Where do you stick the disk once you have it ? 🤔😁

They're small medallions about the size of a Toonie. Passengers receive a lanyard to hold them, or you can simply put them in your pocket as I do. They basically replace the old style cruise cards for on board purchases etc, but add a lot more functionality when combined with the onboard network.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Where do you stick the disk once you have it ? 🤔😁

19 hours ago, lx200gps said:

They're small medallions about the size of a Toonie. Passengers receive a lanyard to hold them, or you can simply put them in your pocket as I do. They basically replace the old style cruise cards for on board purchases etc, but add a lot more functionality when combined with the onboard network.

You can also buy a wrist strap and wear it like a watch.

Last February, there was a 1-hour lineup to get into the terminal (21) for everyone. I found a bench in the shade and took out my e-reader. Once I got inside, it took at most two minutes to pick it up. For 15 USD- nope.

Are they being shipped from outside Canada and with have to clear Customs?

The functionality is pretty much that of a thinly disguised ankle monitor that tracks you through the ship. It wouldn't surprise me if the intention is to charge admission fees as you enter someplace.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

You can also buy a wrist strap and wear it like a watch.

Princess actually have small "boutiques" on the ships selling a variety of add-on items for carrying/wearing the Medallion. For those who want to wear it on their wrist, there are a number of Princess options, but also others have reported that the wrist straps for Apple Air Tags also work.

This is an example of just a few of the accessories available, for those who like to do bling (and yes, the medallion holders we use do have a Canadian flag ;o)

image.thumb.png.776394d7c54bc87f541c5ad2b6d23955.png

Edited by lx200gps
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Princess actually have small "boutiques" on the ships selling a variety of add-on items for carrying/wearing the Medallion. For those who want to wear it on their wrist, there are a number of Princess options, but also others have reported that the wrist straps for Apple Air Tags also work.

This is an example of just a few of the accessories available, for those who like to do bling (and yes, the medallion holders we use do have a Canadian flag ;o)

image.png.63866ec2dd4f91ad8c4ea4b13caebc7b.png

Amazon also sells a pretty wide range of holders.

5 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I would nice if it was a code that you could just put in your phones wallet and just use your phone 

My thoughts too. I'd love to have a broader use of my iPhone wallet.

Edited by Fouremco

We just received our medallions for our 23 Dec sailing

I got the email on the 29th of November it had a USPS tracking number

the tracking number never worked

The medallions showed up today (8 Dec) via Canada post Xpresspost from a Mississauga, Ontario address. 

40 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

We just received our medallions for our 23 Dec sailing

I got the email on the 29th of November it had a USPS tracking number

the tracking number never worked

The medallions showed up today (8 Dec) via Canada post Xpresspost from a Mississauga, Ontario address. 

Not relevant now, but that tracking number would probably have worked on Canada Post; they use different tracking numbers for international shipments, and it is the receiving country that seems to show the progress.

5 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Not relevant now, but that tracking number would probably have worked on Canada Post; they use different tracking numbers for international shipments, and it is the receiving country that seems to show the progress.

No it didn’t, I tried a few times with no luck, there was a different number on the xpresspost pack.