Baltimore

6 minutes ago, PokrChick said:

The lot is open 24/7 so you can go whenever you like.  I would suggest giving the cars from the prior cruise time to leave

No it's not.  The parking lot is only open for cruise days.  There is a gate and it is closed and locked when no cruise ship is there.    Usually the gate is open by 930.  People have arrived earlier and been turned away.  BTW, we've cruised out of Baltimore about 15 times and drive and park every single time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RonLevittown said:

I have cruised Carnival out of Baltimore but no Royal. Our departure time is listed as 3:00PM. Can anyone tell me what time the parking lot opens?

For Carnial with a 5:00PM departure, they seen to open at 11:00am.

Royal's cruise arrive and depart earlier than Carnival's out of Baltimore. On my last one, folks were definitely parking by 10 am. And getting on the ship before 11 (which is the earliest time I've seen anyone be assigned on a Royal cruise out of Baltimore).

58 minutes ago, PokrChick said:

My mistake and I blame Google 😁

Just remember, if you want to answer a question here for someone,  it helps if it's something you actually have experience in.  

• Like 2

Be careful!  We parked there last year for a cruise and although the lot is fenced and locked someone siphoned our gas.  We filled up on the way to the cruise terminal and came back to a car that wouldn't start.  We thought something was wrong with the new battery and had to have it towed to our mechanic.  The gas tank was empty!!!!!!

On 12/7/2023 at 8:47 AM, RonLevittown said:

I have cruised Carnival out of Baltimore but no Royal. Our departure time is listed as 3:00PM. Can anyone tell me what time the parking lot opens?

For Carnial with a 5:00PM departure, they seen to open at 11:00am.

What Royal ship sails from Baltimore?

On 12/7/2023 at 9:33 PM, vadersprincess12 said:

Be careful!  We parked there last year for a cruise and although the lot is fenced and locked someone siphoned our gas.  We filled up on the way to the cruise terminal and came back to a car that wouldn't start.  We thought something was wrong with the new battery and had to have it towed to our mechanic.  The gas tank was empty!!!!!!

I guess that means you don't have a gas cover that has to be released inside the car or did they pry it open?.  In all 15+ of our cruises out of Baltimore, we've never had a problem and have never met anyone who has and we know several people who park there and cruise regularly.  

Edited by BND

11 minutes ago, BND said:

I guess that means you don't have a gas cover that has to be released inside the car or did they pry it open?.  In all 15+ of our cruises out of Baltimore, we've never had a problem and have never met anyone who has and we know several people who park there and cruise regularly.  

The gas pump nozzle had a to push it open. We’re thinking whoever did it had something to keep it jammed open but regardless of that, where’s the “secure” parking?   

27 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

The gas pump nozzle had a to push it open. We’re thinking whoever did it had something to keep it jammed open but regardless of that, where’s the “secure” parking?   

It's always been secure for us and everyone we know that cruises out of there.  Sorry that happened to you, but it's really a one-off.

And, I meant the door for your tank on the outside of the car that covers the cap.

Edited by BND