Live from the 12/9 Sky Princess.

Host CJSKIDS

8 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

UGH it's rough and I'm sea sick. 
Just took a zofran so i am hoping it's works. We have dinner plans at catch my rudi. 

Sorry to hear youre sick.  Cap’n said earlier today weather had gale force winds with 2-3 meter swells.  The ice carving on deck 16 was cancelled today & the midship pools were closed too.  Its been rockin’ for much of this cruise. We sat with a lady today at the captains circle party whose DH was in bed and motion sick.  She won the last bottle of champagne at the drawing & gave it to us.  

16 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Just took a zofran so i am hoping it's works. We have dinner plans at catch my rudi. 

Sure hoping that Zofran did the trick and that you got better.  Safe driving home, hope you can make it there before the storm is in full force.  You sure need a break!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Are you sayin that people were delayed hours disembarking today? 

No, the Sky was fully empty by 9:15A.

On a B2B but we aren’t leaving anytime soon, I’m good…use to FL weather

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2023 at 1:18 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

I am so sorry to hear this.  
my advice is eat a green apple and club soda with bitters .. 

sure hope you feel better!  

55 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am so sorry to hear this.  
my advice is eat a green apple and club soda with bitters .. 

sure hope you feel better!  

Thank you.  Never thought about the club soda and bitters.  I will have to try that next time.

I will say I was treated with such kindness.  Steve went to dinner at the Catch by Rudi last night and when the Ciprian, the DRO found out I wasn't feeling well, he had chicken noodle soup and green apples delivered to me. He is an incredible guy and that certainly touched my heart.  I will say it again, Princess crew is just amazing. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Thank you.  Never thought about the club soda and bitters.  I will have to try that next time.

I will say I was treated with such kindness.  Steve went to dinner at the Catch by Rudi last night and when the Ciprian, the DRO found out I wasn't feeling well, he had chicken noodle soup and green apples delivered to me. He is an incredible guy and that certainly touched my heart.  I will say it again, Princess crew is just amazing. 

That has been my experience, too with the crew and staff on Princess.  
sure hope you are now feeling well.  
I’ve really enjoyed following along with your live feed!  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

That has been my experience, too with the crew and staff on Princess.  
sure hope you are now feeling well.  
I’ve really enjoyed following along with your live feed!  

I concur as this itinerary is the first leg of our upcoming Christmas/NY B2B and I thoroughly enjoyed following your Voyage. Thank you so much and feel better.

• Like 1

Well looks like it just wasn't seasickness that kept me in bed the last afternoon and night of the cruise as I'm now really sick with bronchitis.  I had a hard time even walking off the ship on Saturday and am floored at how quickly this all came about.  I felt fine Friday morning.  Doctor has me on a z pack, steroids, inhaler and prescription cough meds.  Hoping I recover quickly. 

Even with the bad weather and ending up sick, I really did enjoy my time on the Sky, met a lot of great people and really enjoyed the crew.  It's just a bumpy ride back into reality! 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Well looks like it just wasn't seasickness that kept me in bed the last afternoon and night of the cruise as I'm now really sick with bronchitis.  I had a hard time even walking off the ship on Saturday and am floored at how quickly this all came about.  I felt fine Friday morning.  Doctor has me on a z pack, steroids, inhaler and prescription cough meds.  Hoping I recover quickly. 

Even with the bad weather and ending up sick, I really did enjoy my time on the Sky, met a lot of great people and really enjoyed the crew.  It's just a bumpy ride back into reality! 

I sure hope that the meds do what they are supposed to and that you feel better soon.  There's been so much focus on Covid over the last couple of years that folks forget that there are other viral and bacterial infections that can make you very ill on ships (and elsewhere) too.  I'm glad that you were able to find out what was making you ill and now you just need to heal up!  Thanks for sharing all of your experiences.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

So sorry to hear this.  Is it like RSV?

You are such a good sport to get through all this with a great attitude.

Hope you heal quickly and are able to enjoy the Holidays.

On Dec.1st, I got off the Sapphire, after 47 days, and fractured my hand. I hit the metal crossbar on the extension ramp getting off the ship. I was in a hurry to go through customs and catch the transfer to LAX!🥴

Well, at least the cruise was over.

😳  Now 6-8 weeks of healing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Get well soon. 🙏

P.S. I enjoyed your report.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

sounds like you have what I came down with.  After being on board a ship for three weeks, Jo and I went to a secluded resort to " quarantine". The final day before departure I came down with your symptoms. Hope you recover soon and get back to your fun lovin' ways. Happy holiday's to your family from ours. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I sure hope that the meds do what they are supposed to and that you feel better soon.  There's been so much focus on Covid over the last couple of years that folks forget that there are other viral and bacterial infections that can make you very ill on ships (and elsewhere) too.  I'm glad that you were able to find out what was making you ill and now you just need to heal up!  Thanks for sharing all of your experiences.

Thank you.  We sure do forget that there are other things out there, that's for sure. I had come prepared and ready for covid and got sick with something else.  Who would have thought?!

Happy Holidays!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

So sorry to hear this.  Is it like RSV?

You are such a good sport to get through all this with a great attitude.

Hope you heal quickly and are able to enjoy the Holidays.

On Dec.1st, I got off the Sapphire, after 47 days, and fractured my hand. I hit the metal crossbar on the extension ramp getting off the ship. I was in a hurry to go through customs and catch the transfer to LAX!🥴

Well, at least the cruise was over.

😳  Now 6-8 weeks of healing. 

the doctor didn't mention rsv and I did have the vaccine for it, but who knows? Definitely bronchitis. 

So sorry to hear about your hand.  What a crazy way to end your trip.  Hope you heal quickly!

Happy holidays!

• Thanks 1