Live from the 12/9 Sky Princess.

Host CJSKIDS

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from Host CJSKIDS! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Host CJSKIDS was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Even though I live a fairly short drive to Port Everglades, it's time for vacation to start ! We are  heading over to a hotel on the beach in Fort Lauderdale for the night and a bonus is I will get to drive by the Enchanted as she is docked there today.  

Excited to be getting on The Sky again  and sitting with my first cocktail in hand. Can't wait to hear that love boat horn as we depart!!! 

• Like 18

Looking forward to getting “fresh meat” aboard.  Plenty of booze awaits your arrival. Last night DW and U had one of the best meals we have ever on any cruise (and we often cruise on luxury lines) in Catch by Rudi.  Having dined in all the alternative venues, Catch by Rudi is in its own class.  DW and I both enjoyed the Dover Sole (fileted tableside)  which was as good as a similar dish in Seabourns Thomas Keller venue.  

On the downside, it looks like tonight’s highlight in the MDRs is meatloaf.  Have to take the bitter with the sweet 🤮

Hank

• Like 6

I’m in the minority that I HATE the love boat horn!

Also currently on the Sky. I agree about the Sole in Catch!  We also went to Crown Grill last night and had one of the best meals we ever had there. Since I don’t eat steak I had the Sea Bass and it was SO good!  

Bartenders in Take5 and Crown Grill were both wonderful. Had awesome bands in Take5 all week but they are leaving the ship with us so not sure what will replace it. 

You will enjoy this ship!

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 4

@Host CJSKIDS Thank you for sharing with us. DH and I were on the Sky this past June and really enjoyed this ship! We were a bit leery because it is one of the newer ones and we so loved the Golden, Crown and Regal. When we walked on, our first impressions were, WOW! What a gorgeous ship.

We will be on the Sky in June ad are looking forward to your impressions.

• Like 1

@Hlitner glad to hear about the booze!  Also happy to hear about dinner. We have reservations there for two nights, first night beings Sunday. 

@Sox Fan Cruiser will you be staying on for the next sailing?  I may be a die hard Yankees fan but always happy to meet another baseball fan. Happy to hear about the Crown as well since I have reservations there as well. 

All checked into The Hotel Maren and I can see The Enchanted Princess from my window! 

IMG_2105.jpeg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Even though I live a fairly short drive to Port Everglades, it's time for vacation to start ! We are  heading over to a hotel on the beach in Fort Lauderdale for the night and a bonus is I will get to drive by the Enchanted as she is docked there today.  

Excited to be getting on The Sky again  and sitting with my first cocktail in hand. Can't wait to hear that love boat horn as we depart!!! 

What is the earliest time you can arrive at Port Everglades for this cruise?

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I’m in the minority that I HATE the love boat horn!

Also currently on the Sky. I agree about the Sole in Catch!  We also went to Crown Grill last night and had one of the best meals we ever had there. Since I don’t eat steak I had the Sea Bass and it was SO good!  

Bartenders in Take5 and Crown Grill were both wonderful. Had awesome bands in Take5 all week but they are leaving the ship with us so not sure what will replace it. 

You will enjoy this ship!

What is earliest time you can arrive at Port Everglades?

12 minutes ago, Grannyx7 said:

What is the earliest time you can arrive at Port Everglades for this cruise?

Technically you can arrive as early as 9am, but they generally don't let people in the building till 10 or after. It all depends on when they have everything ready in the lounges and are mostly done getting people off the ship.

28 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Technically you can arrive as early as 9am, but they generally don't let people in the building till 10 or after. It all depends on when they have everything ready in the lounges and are mostly done getting people off the ship.

Thank you!

There is a post on another forum, not on CC that someone received a mini as part of their fully paid upgrade but then received an email that took it all away.  Anyone hear anything like this?

I am also on this sailing.....and looking thru my Green Line instructions it is quite clear that there are NO guidelines on when to board a Princess sailing.  It is kinda get her when you get here...and we'll get you on the ship.

• Like 1

We were in the Suite Go lounge and they started bringing people over to board the ship at around 10:50am. So assume that they were letting people on around 11. 

@Host CJSKIDS We are getting off and going home on Saturday. And I don’t think you want us on your cruise.  The last time we sailed together was the infamous Star Princess cruise! 🤪

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We were in the Suite Go lounge and they started bringing people over to board the ship at around 10:50am. So assume that they were letting people on around 11. 

@Host CJSKIDS We are getting off and going home on Saturday. And I don’t think you want us on your cruise.  The last time we sailed together was the infamous Star Princess cruise! 🤪

that is true!  But then again, it couldn't happen to us again!  

enjoy your last night and safe travels home!