Live from the 12/9 Sky Princess.

Host CJSKIDS

4 hours ago, spingal said:

I have friends sailing with you!  They are with the Porsche group.

Very cool. I'm sure that group had to scramble a bit to change some things due to our complete change. 

11 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Looking forward to getting “fresh meat” aboard.  Plenty of booze awaits your arrival. Last night DW and U had one of the best meals we have ever on any cruise (and we often cruise on luxury lines) in Catch by Rudi.  Having dined in all the alternative venues, Catch by Rudi is in its own class.  DW and I both enjoyed the Dover Sole (fileted tableside)  which was as good as a similar dish in Seabourns Thomas Keller venue.  

On the downside, it looks like tonight’s highlight in the MDRs is meatloaf.  Have to take the bitter with the sweet 🤮

Hank

Our cruise last week on the Sky Princess was wonderful. Crown Grill has always been a favorite, but was disappointed on this trip. Filets were over cooked and sides were just ok. Next night was Sabatinis, which my wife does not care for the Italian menu.  Well, after the bad experience at the Steakhouse, she had a wonderful 2 inch thick steak cooked perfectly, I had the veal and it was delicious. The Catch just out shined everything. Filets were perfect as was the lobster tail. The steak fries were outstanding! I want to try the seafood tower next time.  At $30 per person, I thought it was a bit high. But after seeing the table next to us order it for 6 people and they couldn’t finish the food, it was a good deal. Come hungry. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

are you going through cruise withdrawal yet?!!  Have you made it home?

We are actually just getting ready to land at LAX.  And yes, we miss not being on a ship!!! 

😪

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Even though I live a fairly short drive to Port Everglades, it's time for vacation to start ! We are  heading over to a hotel on the beach in Fort Lauderdale for the night and a bonus is I will get to drive by the Enchanted as she is docked there today.  

Excited to be getting on The Sky again  and sitting with my first cocktail in hand. Can't wait to hear that love boat horn as we depart!!! 

Enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to your thoughts. We sailed on her inaugural in 2019. Enjoyed Take 5, missed Crooners but liked the quiet of the retreat pool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Very cool. I'm sure that group had to scramble a bit to change some things due to our complete change. 

Yep.  This is their first Princess cruise so they were a bit stressed out about excursions.  I told them to just go to the shore excursions desk when they board.

Have a great cruise!

Another notice today this time Port Congestion at Port Everglades

In advance of your embarkation in Fort Lauderdale, Florida this weekend we have been advised that due to a large number of ships in port and events at the convention center, increased traffic congestion is expected around the port this weekend. As a result, guests may experience travel delays and traffic congestion on embarkation day. Guests with independent transfer arrangements should use the port entrances located at Federal Hwy (US 1)/Spangler Blvd. (SR 84) and I-595/Eller Dr if possible. We also recommend you check traffic reports before departing for the pier and, if necessary, allow extra travel time. Additional traffic police will be stationed in the surrounding area to direct traffic in and out of the pier. Parking at the port may also be limited.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We are docked!  Walk offs will start around 7am. Time to go home and get our pup. 

We purposely needed this as a “do nothing” cruise. Just relax and unwind. We certainly did just that and are heading home fully relaxed. 

We are in the same boat as you (literally, lol).  We relaxed and are ready to get home to our babies.  Safe travels all!

I can see the ship from my room at The Hotel Maren. The hotel is a Hilton curio property and about 2 years old. Service has been beyond exceptional and it's extremely clean. I had been torn between this and The Conrad but gave this a try and was happy with the stay. 

We shared a lunch at the Riveria by Fabio Viviani which is at the hotel. He won Top Chef so I was hopeful  but, Eh, decent but not great. Went to Las Olas and husband  was surprised at the some of the  changes from when he worked on the street a few years back. Tried some cocktails and appetizers at voodoo Bayou which were good and the bourbon cocktails were great. Then onto Coconuts for some peel and eat shrimp and an ice cold draft lager. The shrimp were fantastic. 

Of course, sleep was a bit elusive as I was excited for today! 

@Jadn13 opened the emergency notification and was wondering if they had switched everything back!!  lol Guess we just have to hope for a parking space. 
Did you receive a random $4.21 per person back as OBC adjustment? See you onboard. 

IMG_2113.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This will be an interesting cruise with such a large group, Porsche Club.  All the cakes at the IC have been replaced with Porsche decorated cakes.  Those of us doing turn around are to meet at 9:15 so that bodes well for early boarding (last week they started about 10:30).

Hank

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Wow. The line is insane at the port outside. Glad to see elite and green  lane means so much. 
And they are taking the large group on. They don't have to wait in line. Nice. 

Terrible!  So, it’s all one line just to get inside to check in?

We are on board. They kept calling for help because even the green line was long once inside the terminal. 

the couple behind me said it's their 6th time leaving this year from here and this was the worst. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

We are on board. They kept calling for help because even the green line was long once inside the terminal. 

the couple behind me said it's their 6th time leaving this year from here and this was the worst. 

That's crazy!  We had a lot of people in the line when we were dropped off but we kept moving.  Wonder what the issue was here. 

I hope you have a great time!