Jubilee is on her way to Texas! Anyone going to the "Welcome" event at Port of Galveston?

csm5986142

Is anyone planning to go to the Welcome Party?  I wish we could, but we are too far away.  So excited to get on Jubilee December 30th though!

Portofgalveston.com

Posted on: December 6, 2023

Howdy, Carnival Jubilee! Event at Piers 20-21 Dec. 20

The public is invited to join the Galveston Wharves in giving the new Carnival Jubilee a Texas-sized welcome as she sails for the first time into Galveston Harbor on Dec. 20. The celebration will be 8-9 a.m. at Piers 20-21.

Bring your welcome signs and don your cowboy hats to cheer the Jubilee and her crew as they arrive to dock at their new home at Cruise Terminal 25. An airplane flying overhead with a welcome banner and a tugboat shooting its water cannon will add to the festivities. Refreshments will be served. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, glrounds said:

Since I've moved to Texas, Galveston will have to be my home port. Forgive my ignorance, but does this mean the JUBILEE will be sailing out of Galveston regularly?

Yes, and Jubilee is the first brand-new ship to homeport in Galveston. 

The port of Galveston has posted a great article about how happy they are for the new arrival.  In short, to prepare for the new, larger ship, the port invested more than $50 million in improvements and renovations to Cruise Terminal 25 and is expanding its onsite parking by more than 500 spaces.

Everybody involved seems really excited about it -  A huge Texas star adorns the bow of the Jubilee to honor her new home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

Yes, and Jubilee is the first brand-new ship to homeport in Galveston. 

The port of Galveston has posted a great article about how happy they are for the new arrival.  In short, to prepare for the new, larger ship, the port invested more than $50 million in improvements and renovations to Cruise Terminal 25 and is expanding its onsite parking by more than 500 spaces.

Everybody involved seems really excited about it -  A huge Texas star adorns the bow of the Jubilee to honor her new home.

Ummmm no, but the newest one.

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Ummmm no, but the newest one.

Oh sorry, I copied that directly from this article posted on the Port of Galveston website - link below (but I am certainly not an expert - not even a Texas resident) just very excited for another great cruising option. 🙂

“This is the first brand-new ship to homeport in Galveston since we became a cruise home port 23 years ago,” said Rodger Rees, Galveston Wharves port director and CEO. “We hope to have a great turnout for this historic event so the Jubilee crew and Carnival staff see how happy we are to welcome this beautiful ship.”

https://www.portofgalveston.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=281

8 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

Oh sorry, I copied that directly from this article posted on the Port of Galveston website - link below (but I am certainly not an expert - not even a Texas resident) just very excited for another great cruising option. 🙂

“This is the first brand-new ship to homeport in Galveston since we became a cruise home port 23 years ago,” said Rodger Rees, Galveston Wharves port director and CEO. “We hope to have a great turnout for this historic event so the Jubilee crew and Carnival staff see how happy we are to welcome this beautiful ship.”

https://www.portofgalveston.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=281

No worries.  Magic was brand new there in 2011, we were there for the naming ceremony.  

• Like 2

All I can share is that when the Mardi Gras finally arrived to Port Canaveral it was a HUGE welcoming party and so much fun to be a part of. Many bloggers came, A couple came in fromTennessee for the event, Carnival had “Welcome Home Mardi Gras” signs made and passed out to visitors. Local news coverage doing many interviews. Since this was also very soon after the restart from Covid it was just really a treat to be there. 

I’d say if it’s half as much fun as we had it’s well worth the fun day. We didn’t get to board the ship but a lot was set up right outside. Christine was there…and of course the obvious pic with the brand new ship.  

64450290171__0569E1E7-C880-4BFE-8744-3C6301E3A438.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BrotherCraig said:

We will be down there Saturday to see this ship depart for the first time.  Can't wait to hear from the passengers when they get back.  Interested to hear what the Texas-themed entertainment is all about.

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-jubilee-will-host-texas-tailgate-party-and-new-interactive-musical/

• Like 1