Any requests from HAL for early final payment lately?

Native Floridian 26

Last year during the week of December 7th, we received an email from HAL indicating that if we paid our final payment by Dec 31 (slightly earlier than required), then they would give us additional OBC.  For us it was only a week or so early, so we jumped on it.  We figured they needed to increase their cash position by year end for accounting purposes.  Has anyone gotten such request recently?  

I did not receive an email but in early November people on my roll call did get an email to pay a few days early and get $100 OBC.  I was a bit miffed as I had just paid mine off early.  My TA got HAL to apply the offer. 

Just now, Mary229 said:

I did not receive an email but in early November people on my roll call did get an email to pay a few days early and get $100 OBC.  I was a bit miffed as I had just paid mine off early.  My TA got HAL to apply the offer. 

Interesting that they did it in November.  Nice you got them to honor the offer.  We're hoping for same offer this year for the April TA that is due Jan 7.

23 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I'm on your roll call and like 0106,  we got our offer in mid-October (not november) and had to pay in full by October 31st. The final payment for the cruise was November 11th (I believe or close to that date). In my case I paid the cruise off less than 2 weeks early for an extra $100.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

16 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I'm on your roll call and like 0106,  we got our offer in mid-October (not november) and had to pay in full by October 31st. The final payment for the cruise was November 11th (I believe or close to that date). In my case I paid the cruise off less than 2 weeks early for an extra $100.

Ok, had my dates confused a bit. I just remember you guys talking about the email a few short days after I had paid in full.  I had paid to accommodate my travel schedule. White Sands National Park was excellent 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Ok, had my dates confused a bit. I just remember you guys talking about the email a few short days after I had paid in full.  I had paid to accommodate my travel schedule. White Sands National Park was excellent 

I'm just glad your TA was able to get you the $100 OBC even though you had just paid it off! You really do have a VERY good TA. 

• Like 1