Number of Bid to upgrade emails

Womble99

Curious how many emails folks are getting when you haven't taken up the offer to bid? So far on our Jan cruise we have had 5 emails touting the wonderful offers of the bidding process and we have more than 3 weeks still to go before sailing.

Seems like a bit of overkill, especially when there hasn't been any cabins available in the categories on offer since the emails began?

5 hours ago, Womble99 said:

Curious how many emails folks are getting when you haven't taken up the offer to bid? So far on our Jan cruise we have had 5 emails touting the wonderful offers of the bidding process and we have more than 3 weeks still to go before sailing.

Seems like a bit of overkill, especially when there hasn't been any cabins available in the categories on offer since the emails began?

Seems we had 4 or 5 on our recent cruises. 

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Hahaha we're awaiting that one too since our next two voyages are sold out.

Two of mine are sold out, as well.  One of them, we probably won’t take a move over as it was already obtained through a move over from last year.  I doubt if they will offer move over on that one. 
The other one, we’d be happy to cruise but also be more than happy for a move over offer.  

We have realized they are pretty much offering the move overs for cheaper rooms first and for those without a package fare next.  It seems to increased the odds.  Our most recent offer was for an inside cabin.  Of course, we took it.  

8 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Two of mine are sold out, as well.  One of them, we probably won’t take a move over as it was already obtained through a move over from last year.  I doubt if they will offer move over on that one. 
The other one, we’d be happy to cruise but also be more than happy for a move over offer.  

We have realized they are pretty much offering the move overs for cheaper rooms first and for those without a package fare next.  It seems to increased the odds.  Our most recent offer was for an inside cabin.  Of course, we took it.  

We're on b2b sold out over Christmas and New Years.

Our cabins weren't cheap, but we'll still be checking for those emails. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sun&sea said:

We are sailing January 29, 2024. We have never gotten any emails for bidding. I am wondering why some get emails and some do not?

Janet

I think it's dependent on who you booked through.  I booked directly with Princess, so I've gotten the e-mails.  However, my brother booked through Costco and he's not eligible to bid on an upgrade.

20 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We get several for each cruise, even ones that are sold out.  
Want I’m waiting for is a move over offer on the sold out cruise.  I never can get enough of those offers.  

Can you explain what a "Move Over" offer is?  I've not heard of that before.

1 hour ago, sun&sea said:

We are sailing January 29, 2024. We have never gotten any emails for bidding. I am wondering why some get emails and some do not?

Janet

Be sure to go into your personalizer on the Princess website and go to My Account, then My Profile, then go to Account/ Contact info.  Be sure that your Email contact is checked.  It does seem to fall off from time to time.  

IMG_0642.jpeg

IMG_0641.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

Can you explain what a "Move Over" offer is?  I've not heard of that before.

A Move Over offer is where your cruise on which you’ve booked has been oversold and they offer to give you a similar cruise in the same or better category for no charge along with any perks you may have booked on the oversold cruise.  What you’ve paid for that original cruise will be offered to you on your new sailing as refundable OBC.  

They are rare and if you get the offer, it’s imperative you respond by email immediately if your heart isn’t set on that particular cruise and your schedule is flexible.  I’ve gotten 3 or 4 of these over the years, mostly when we’ve booked a cheaper cabin.  The offers probably go to those paying less first.  But, it may just depend on which cabins they really need.  In my experience, those offers are snatched up pronto!  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Be sure to go into your personalizer on the Princess website and go to My Account, then My Profile, then go to Account/ Contact info.  Be sure that your Email contact is checked.  It does seem to fall off from time to time.  

IMG_0642.jpeg

IMG_0641.jpeg

Thank you! That was it! Mine said "no" under email. I would have never figured that out!!

Janet

• Thanks 1

A lot of people question why Princess (and other cruise lines) solicit upgrade bids on sold out cruises. My in-laws cancelled their top suite (2nd to top category on their ship) one day before departure on a sold out cruise. Their last-minute cancellation set into a motion a “domino effect” of several bid upgrades, especially so since they were in a top suite. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, BEAV said:

A lot of people question why Princess (and other cruise lines) solicit upgrade bids on sold out cruises. My in-laws cancelled their top suite (2nd to top category on their ship) one day before departure on a sold out cruise. Their last-minute cancellation set into a motion a “domino effect” of several bid upgrades, especially so since they were in a top suite. 

That’s exactly why they do it!  Your bid could be accepted on the day of the cruise due to last minute cancellations.  

• Like 1