Online check in so much easier from phone then PC

wolft927

So just did our online check in and this time we simply did it from our app on our phone, so much easier. I say that because when I used my laptop precise cruise I could never get the picture to accept. This time 1st time for both my wife and I accepted and done. 

• Like 1

I have a photo saved on my desktop of my computer and upload it every time, first try. Never had an issue. I prefer using it because it is easier for me to see the screen than on my phone. Glad the app worked for you best.  Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I have a photo saved on my desktop of my computer and upload it every time, first try. Never had an issue. I prefer using it because it is easier for me to see the screen than on my phone. Glad the app worked for you best.  Enjoy your cruise! 

Plus I find the keyboard on my computer easier to use.

• Like 2

at 75, i admit i'm still technologically challenged! I use my phone for pictures and phone calls ( what else could a phone be designed for)? lol

for me its much,much easier to check in on my computer. its easier to read the screen, and when it comes to the picture, i have my 24 year old grandson take care of that for me.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 10:59 AM, wolft927 said:

So just did our online check in and this time we simply did it from our app on our phone, so much easier. I say that because when I used my laptop precise cruise I could never get the picture to accept. This time 1st time for both my wife and I accepted and done. 

I just find it easier, because the device is pretty much in my hands at all times. I've definitely checked in on a PC before, but the last couple times it was my phone. The phone is slightly easier as I don't have to go turn on the PC and sit at the desk or grab a laptop from it's dusty corner storage area. 

58 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I just find it easier, because the device is pretty much in my hands at all times. I've definitely checked in on a PC before, but the last couple times it was my phone. The phone is slightly easier as I don't have to go turn on the PC and sit at the desk or grab a laptop from it's dusty corner storage area. 

I have the other side of that.   Ever time I want to use my phone I have to look for it.   My computer is always on me desk where I left it last and it is always turned on.  

Before I retired, I had to carry two phones.  One for business and one for personal.  Turned me off for lugging around a phone.  My wife otoh is like a teen age girl.  She gets separation anxiety when she doesn't have her phone with her.

23 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

It has been FOREVER ago since I used my laptop. It is a pain! I use iPhone or iPad for check in. Only problem I ever had was trying to submit photo with glasses on. Once I bothered to read directions it was easy. 

On 12/16/2023 at 9:09 AM, debenson0723 said:

I have a photo saved on my desktop of my computer and upload it every time, first try. Never had an issue. I prefer using it because it is easier for me to see the screen than on my phone.

Same here.  Sounds like user error to me.  I learned to type on an actual typewriter 50 years ago and I'll take a real keyboard over those new-fangled touch screens seven days a week.  😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Same here.  Sounds like user error to me.  I learned to type on an actual typewriter 50 years ago and I'll take a real keyboard over those new-fangled touch screens seven days a week.  😎

My dad insisted on both his sons taking a typing class.  He said it just seemed like a valuable skill.  I told him before he passed, that typing class was the most useful class I've taken.  

I wonder if touch typing ability affects preferences for PC over phone.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

My dad insisted on both his sons taking a typing class.  He said it just seemed like a valuable skill.  I told him before he passed, that typing class was the most useful class I've taken.  

I wonder if touch typing ability affects preferences for PC over phone.

Absolutely.  I took typing when I was a Sophomore in high school.  It was mostly a freshman girl class back then.  My handwriting has always been crap, but I could type faster than most of those girls. 😎

Still can.  My FIL used to criticize me for typing until he stood by as I typed a letter to a Senator for him on my computer.  Probably one of the few things I ever did that impressed FIL (RIP).

15 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Absolutely.  I took typing when I was a Sophomore in high school.  It was mostly a freshman girl class back then.  My handwriting has always been crap, but I could type faster than most of those girls. 😎

Still can.  My FIL used to criticize me for typing until he stood by as I typed a letter to a Senator for him on my computer.  Probably one of the few things I ever did that impressed FIL (RIP).

I had a real tyrant of a boss back in the 80s who was astounded when he learned I could compose a report while I typed.  He was not a good boss.

• Haha 1

Not sue why you would check twice (phone then PC).  I just check in for everyone on my C and I', doen with it.  As far as the picyure goes, it really does not matter since they almsot always take a new pic when you check in.  I simply use a silhouette pic for everyone.

13 minutes ago, Bkmat said:

New question about checking in: Can my husband and I check in together or do we have to have separate logins?  We are both listed as traveling together on the NCL account, but it is in his name.  

I always check in for both of us.  IIRC, her name appears as also being on the same reservation and there's a block to check to check in for both.  Very easy.

• Like 1