Live from the Viking Sky (Ft Lauderdale to London) December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024

Penspack

According to the Restaurant Manager, there are currently 557 guests and 20 contract (lecturers? guest entertainers? repair workers) folks on board. I know there are at least two people leaving tomorrow in Walvis Bay so I guess our numbers will be reduced further as we head towards London. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Reduced passengers on a ship it great ( our covid experiences)  so nice to eat at Manfredi's or Chef table any time we wanted and to always have a window seat in the main dining room!

Clay, did Viking put drawers in the closets of V/DV rooms for the WC? 

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

According to the Restaurant Manager, there are currently 557 guests and 20 contract (lecturers? guest entertainers? repair workers) folks on board. I know there are at least two people leaving tomorrow in Walvis Bay so I guess our numbers will be reduced further as we head towards London. 

I always said remove 200 passengers and Viking would be perfect.  You have it even better.  But I never thought I would be part of the process making it "perfect" for others.😱🍹

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, deec said:

Reduced passengers on a ship it great ( our covid experiences)  so nice to eat at Manfredi's or Chef table any time we wanted and to always have a window seat in the main dining room!

We have a set of drawers in our DV closet aboard the Sky.

• Thanks 1

Just now, deec said:

As I recall they were installed awhile back. 

7 hours ago, ural guy said:

Hi-  Enjoying reading this report.  Just wondering, how many passport pages does a cruise like this use up?

I just checked my passport and counted 17 unique new stamps associated with this world cruise, with just under 4 weeks to go.  It looks like they try to fit as many as 4 stamps on a page... where ever they find an open spot. A country may enter both an entry stamp and an exit stamp in the passport and when they do, they try to put the exit/ departure stamp next to the entry stamp. Here are the stamps I identified:

Komodo Indonesia entry

Java Indonesia exit

Vietnam entry

Vietnam exit

Samui entry

Samui exit

Phuket entry

Phuket exit

Richards Bay entry

Sri Lanka entry

Sri Lanka exit

India entry (2 stamps)

India exit

Mauritius exit

Mauritius entry

Cape Town exit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deec said:

IMO Really need for WC!  do you know if they Star and Sea received them as well?

The Sea did not have them as of the November TA from Barcelona to San Juan.

1 hour ago, coachma said:

The Sea did not have them as of the November TA from Barcelona to San Juan.

None on the Star last week either. Star is going into dry dock this fall. I didn’t think to ask.

10 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I always said remove 200 passengers and Viking would be perfect.  You have it even better.  But I never thought I would be part of the process making it "perfect" for others.😱🍹

Naw Jim, you need to remove 922 pax for the ultimate experience, but retain the full crew.😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Naw Jim, you need to remove 922 pax for the ultimate experience, but retain the full crew.😁

Just spoiled Andy, you are just spoiled.  There will probably never be such a Magical Mystery Tour ever again.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Come join us tomorrow, April 12 (first sea day after Walvis Bay) for LCR at 3:30 pm at the Pool Bar.  Not experience necessary-all it takes is 3 one dollar bills!

If only all of us following along on your journey could join! haha. Sadly, here I sit in Pittsburgh. 

I leave on Mars Italian Sojourn in just about 2 weeks...counting the minutes! 

• Like 1

Great day in Walvis Bay! While we didn’t get the grill surprise that those on the included tour got, we did get a surprise when offered the chance to sand surf!  Mike says he felt like a 10 year old again!

Highly recommend the From Dunes to Ocean optional excursion! We saw lots of springbok, an ostrich, flamingos, pelicans, oryx, and a clear gecko. And the ride up and over the dunes was better and any roller coaster!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Great day in Walvis Bay! While we didn’t get the grill surprise that those on the included tour got, we did get a surprise when offered the chance to sand surf!  Mike says he felt like a 10 year old again!

You and Mike are living your best life right now.🎉 Love, love you  videos and pictures here on on X too. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Highly recommend the From Dunes to Ocean optional excursion! We saw lots of springbok, an ostrich, flamingos, pelicans, oryx, and a clear gecko. And the ride up and over the dunes was better and any roller coaster!

Most awesome video ever!  That looks like So. Much. FUN!!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

IMG_5275.thumb.jpeg.b86237ad30b65c9355d0375b5e5eee5e.jpeg

IMG_5274.thumb.jpeg.d567779a1321a2b3978c70c701c1f926.jpeg

IMG_5277.thumb.jpeg.5ec1ca173379f24a0c586f2f27dad382.jpeg

Fun afternoon at LCR this today. Steve made $51!  

Join us tomorrow (2nd Sea Day) at 3:30 at the Pool Bar. All you need are 3 one dollar bills and a fun attitude. 

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 2

We had 24 folks play LCR today and Kim left with an extra $69 dollars in her pocket!

Come join us tomorrow (3rd Sea Day) at the Pool Bar at 3:30.  No experience necessary just a willingness to laugh and 3 one dollar bills (Kim will be there to make change if needed😁)

IMG_5285.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm told that at Coffee Chat this morning that the Captain announced a change in the navigational route for the Viking Sky.  We are changing course so that we cross the Prime Meridian at the same time we cross the Equator.  Apparently, there is a buoy in the middle of the ocean to mark that spot.  @Penspack tells me that buoy marks the location of "Null Island."

Janet went home with an extra $54 today after LCR!  Join us tomorrow at 3:30 at the pool bar and you could be the lucky one🤞

No experience necessary-just 3 one dollar bills (Janet will have plenty of change if you need to break a larger note😂)

IMG_5295.jpeg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, UWDawg said:

I'm told that at Coffee Chat this morning that the Captain announced a change in the navigational route for the Viking Sky.  We are changing course so that we cross the Prime Meridian at the same time we cross the Equator.  Apparently, there is a buoy in the middle of the ocean to mark that spot.  @Penspack tells me that buoy marks the location of "Null Island."

It is a weather buoy permanently moored at the intersection of the Equator and Prime Meridian. It is secured to the ocean bed by a long chain. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

It is a weather buoy permanently moored at the intersection of the Equator and Prime Meridian. It is secured to the ocean bed by a long chain. 

Capt told us that Neptune will be going as well. 

• Like 1