Arcadia post-Round the World

Pickalily, Wilts

I have been asked to accompany a friend and have read uncomplimentary reviews pointing out the "tired" state of the ship.  I'm curious to know if, after a 3 month voyage in various weather conditions, the ship will be 'spruced up' for the following season of cruises.  I'm looking for reassurance and a reason to say "Yes".

12 hours ago, Pickalily, Wilts said:

If I sail Arcadia in May, will she have had remedial work following her RtW trip?

I can’t see why any work would be needed. As Moley says, ships are maintained daily and the distance travelled on a world cruise can’t be much different from 100 days of shorter cruises. The ships don’t normally have any rest with the quick turnarounds in Southampton. Last month I went to Arctic Norway on Aurora. She had just returned from a trans Atlantic cruise, and when we returned, she did a short Northern Europe followed by the Canaries and back. 

2 hours ago, Pickalily, Wilts said:

I have been asked to accompany a friend and have read uncomplimentary reviews pointing out the "tired" state of the ship.  I'm curious to know if, after a 3 month voyage in various weather conditions, the ship will be 'spruced up' for the following season of cruises.  I'm looking for reassurance and a reason to say "Yes".

There is continuous painting taking place, on all the outside decks, and on the exterior of the ship. In every port you will see deck hands with a paint or varnish pot, and very long handled brushes for the ships hull.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pickalily, Wilts said:

Best to look under the beds. All those tropical critters stowing away.🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pickalily, Wilts said:

She would be in a no different state to having been on any other cruise. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pickalily, Wilts said:

Tired is probably a bit subjective, a lot of older ships can look tired even after a refit depending on what was actually refitted. I believe she is scheduled a refit in Nov 2024. We have been on Arcadia several times and quite like her, but we do tend to prefer the older more traditional ships. You will always get mixed reviews on any ship and sometimes need to read between the lines, good luck with your decision and if you go for it have a great cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1