New Princess App available

iamaqt2

12 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You can, or once you’re 75 days from sailing, you’ll see the link on the App.

I just do it from the website from my PC, as well as the Travel Summary.

🙄 Thanks for the reminder!!  I just printed up our luggage tags... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

And how do I get there?  On my iPhone. Can someone guide me from “home”?

I understand it’s too soon to see luggage tags, but I’d like to know where they’ve hidden the travel summary.  Not to mention OBC. 

On the new app, swipe left on "Check In" (not tap, swipe).  Other items are there, depending on where you are on the calendar.  On mine, there's Packages, Boarding Pass, and Luggage Tags (cruising tomorrow).  

It took me forever to figure out the swipe left thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just for fun, I tried doing steps 1-4 on my old app after logging into it using the Booking option. When I entered my PCL credentials password, which has at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one special character, and it’s 10 characters long, and works just fine when I log onto my Personalizer, it said the “old” password was incorrect. When I tried the Forget Password option, it said my credentials email address I entered was incorrect. So, with that, I decided to stick with logging in with a Booking number. 😁

A truly pathetic job of importing data. Sad that people have to deal with issues of this sort.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

A truly pathetic job of importing data. Sad that people have to deal with issues of this sort.

Actually, for us it's no big deal. These are all minor issues with workarounds in place, to include using the old App until we no longer can. Now, what would be a big deal is if I couldn't log onto Cruise Critic when I was on a cruise to post to a Live From thread without first upgrading my "bundled" Internet package to a ship's premium service. Now that would be a big deal for me, which BTW still happens on another cruise line we cruise with on occasion! 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I'll start off by saying that I like Princess. A lot. And the waitstaff and cabin stewards we've had have been great. I know most people here won't agree with this, but nearly all the customer service and such like people that we've come into contact with over the years have been simply chock full of attitude. We're not really high maintenance people, so there haven't been that many, but I can recall some instances that were real dillies on how not to do customer service. 

I'm sorry that anybody is getting such poor assistance on the app.

After 22 Princess cruises totaling 259 days I have had exactly one unhelpful or slightly unfriendly person at Customer Service. I have had two unsatisfactory Room Stewards. I have had one Head Waiter who was rude and outright lied to me. I have also had two "unsatisfactory" Cruise Directors. While those things should not have occurred it's not all that bad an average. Every other crew member of any type with whom I have interacted has been either okay, good, very good, or exceptional. It's surprising how many fit the "exceptional" category.

Of course the phone support folks since that function has been moved to the Philippines have been, without fail, horrible. Not one of them has known anything or been the least bit helpful. I gave up on that avenue of support.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It's the same email address. But no big deal. As long as we can access our account through the App using a booking number, it's all good. 

I sometimes wonder if a trailing space can cause issues such as this. I always make sure to check for and remove any trailing spaces. Depending on the code it could cause issues. (I find that, if I use the autofill offered on my phone to put in my address it always adds a trailing space.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I sometimes wonder if a trailing space can cause issues such as this. I always make sure to check for and remove any trailing spaces. Depending on the code it could cause issues. (I find that, if I use the autofill offered on my phone to put in my address it always adds a trailing space.)

That makes sense. In this case I manually typed my email address in, first in lower case and then on a second try in all caps. No luck.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

It is a long ways away…but I decided to order our Medallions for home delivery for our October 2025 cruise…while I can still use the old app!  In green lane…with no credit card info for Shoreside.  

Couldn’t make dining reservations though.  Maybe too soon?

Didn’t know there was a web version for the app???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nazpaz said:

I didn't fill in the Shoreside payment method on the new app, but it still has me in the Green lane when I sail tomorrow.  Images here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2980992-new-princess-app-available/?do=findComment&comment=66690085

Thanks. I wondered if it was a problem for everyone. At least we know now that you can be green and have six out of seven check marks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mthomp5 said:

Didn’t know there was a web version for the app???

Go Princess.com and log in using your user id and password.  User is either your email or booking number.

Then click on manage booking.  Here, you need to enter your name, date of birth, and booking number.

Then choose the option at the top, check-in (even if you have completed that on the app)

It will ask you to download the app either from google or apple.  Right below that is a box to take you to the web version.  Click there.

It will take you to the check in screen.  If you scroll down you will find a Mine My Way option.  Click there and you will be able to choose your dining times for each day either in the MDR or Specialty Restaurants.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Go Princess.com and log in using your user id and password.  User is either your email or booking number.

Then click on manage booking.  Here, you need to enter your name, date of birth, and booking number.

Then choose the option at the top, check-in (even if you have completed that on the app)

It will ask you to download the app either from google or apple.  Right below that is a box to take you to the web version.  Click there.

It will take you to the check in screen.  If you scroll down you will find a Mine My Way option.  Click there and you will be able to choose your dining times for each day either in the MDR or Specialty Restaurants.  Hope this helps.

Thank you!  Now I see where I can access the web version! Never knew I could access Ocean Ready that way.  I logged in and got info entered for my DH so he has all green checks now.  But dining options not yet available.  I’ll check as we get closer.  But it’s nice to know there is another way to enter the info outside of the app!

Now this is interesting.  We sail tomorrow.  Tonight, the new app no longer shows the Check In tab at all.  The first thing is "Boarding Pass" and it says "Green Lane."  

And I have never added the Shoreside payment method.

Screenshot_20240106_215012.jpg

Edited by nazpaz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks for the response, but I still question the need for it if it has the potential to screw up our boarding.  I've been reading that if you don't give permission to share your CC info with the gaming app, then you're taken out of "Green Lane" unless you give that permission.  I'm not convinced that I'll have any need for the app once I'm onboard.  I can made my reservations a while back, so I don't need it for that.

I didn't have to give permission but I certainly understand your concern.   We use the app alot on board as we buy the plus package and order drinks and use it for room service as well.  Happy Sailing!

54 minutes ago, nazpaz said:

Now this is interesting.  We sail tomorrow.  Tonight, the new app no longer shows the Check In tab at all.  The first thing is "Boarding Pass" and it says "Green Lane."  

I didn't have to add cc for Shore purchases either, sounds like you are ready to roll...have a great cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nazpaz said:

So sounds like you don’t need to enter credit card info for Shoreside in the new app, to be in the green lane?

19 hours ago, kamelia said:

he immediately jumped to defense mode, saying that too many people were using the app to change their dining reservations and it messed up the booking system

Sounds like a great design.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With people cruising in Europe this year, it would be nice if Princess comes out with a separate blue lane for Platinum/Elite members. For us, we have no alternative to go to the blue lane because we will arriving in Barcelona one week before boarding. I would think a majority of the people will be doing the same arriving early. Furthermore, people living in other Counties outside USA and Canada will be in the blue lane. This is going to be a long line up. 
I suggest, introducing a separate colour in the App for Platinum/Elite members.  I don’t understand why they change this. The old system works good and it was fast. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

With people cruising in Europe this year, it would be nice if Princess comes out with a separate blue lane for Platinum/Elite members. For us, we have no alternative to go to the blue lane because we will arriving in Barcelona one week before boarding. I would think a majority of the people will be doing the same arriving early. Furthermore, people living in other Counties outside USA and Canada will be in the blue lane. This is going to be a long line up. 
I suggest, introducing a separate colour in the App for Platinum/Elite members.  

In the Med check-in lines aren't really a problem, because a certain percentage of the passengers will be in transit.  It's not until the ship transitions to a TA that the majority of the ship will disembark.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

In the Med check-in lines aren't really a problem, because a certain percentage of the passengers will be in transit.  It's not until the ship transitions to a TA that the majority of the ship will disembark.

That’s true. Never thought of that because our cruise is a b2b cruise followed by another b2b. 

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

I suggest, introducing a separate colour in the App for Platinum/Elite members.  I don’t understand why they change this. The old system works good and it was fast. 

I haven’t seen an elite/suite line in my last 3 cruises. Just green and blue

34 minutes ago, memoak said:

I haven’t seen an elite/suite line in my last 3 cruises. Just green and blue

Were you able to just walk onboard?  I liked the PES lounge on previous sailings, especially when I showed up early to Port Everglades.

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

It can for sure. Correctly managed scripts will strip these off when the form is submitted, along with the more uncommon leading spaces.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Were you able to just walk onboard?  I liked the PES lounge on previous sailings, especially when I showed up early to Port Everglades.

I don’t show up early anymore. Last time in Vancouver 2 lines blue and green. As green we were on board within minutes the blue line was super long. Earlier in 2023 in Seattle only one line everyone lumped together