New Princess App available

iamaqt2

On 9/1/2024 at 1:05 AM, lorri111 said:

Princess must hate their IT dept

If they did, then they would have fired some people a long time ago, but there doesn't appear to be any evidence that happened.  Or, they replaced with just as bad.  That said, my sense is that the App is performing much better than it did in 2021 & 2022.

• Like 3

No consolation for those with issues but the app works ok for me. I’ve had no issues at all, everything working as expected. This is on an IPhone 15 Pro running IOS 17.6.1 and an IPhone 14 on same IOS version.

Edited by Boku

10 hours ago, Boku said:

No consolation for those with issues but the app works ok for me. I’ve had no issues at all, everything working as expected. This is on an IPhone 15 Pro running IOS 17.6.1 and an IPhone 14 on same IOS version.

what is the current version of the Princess app - I'm showing 1.4.1- 5501

• Like 2

On 9/6/2024 at 4:38 AM, Boku said:

A lucky one you are!

On 9/5/2024 at 9:52 PM, Steelers36 said:

If they did, then they would have fired some people a long time ago, but there doesn't appear to be any evidence that happened.  Or, they replaced with just as bad.  That said, my sense is that the App is performing much better than it did in 2021 & 2022.

In my experience it is often down to poor development processes with lack of good QA systems in place.

Also contact changes not thought through that don't fit the way the systems were initially designed and short timescales.

They are still fixing the MDR options.

Take unlimited drinks it would not surprise me that the POS accounting/package implications has drink limits coded and no provision for unlimited was in the design.

Probably bodge eg. set the limit to 99 and code the POS/app to treat that as special case unlimited.

Anyone with Premier90 looked at the how many drinks have I had section of the app?

• 2 weeks later...

The new release is much snappier (iPhone 15 Pro Max / Galaxy S24 Ultra) but still seems to have teething problems.  Everything looks great for my DH, but my boarding pass and profile have me as “New To Princess”.   The previous journeys show all the port days of three sets of B2B2B2Nths, so they’ve got the right profile.  

New.  To.   Princess.  

I literally sailed Princess (and SITMAR) in short pants.   On *steamships*.   With skeet shooting from a .410! 

Materially, I don’t think it makes a difference for boarding since we booked so late were picking up medallions at the pier, but it’s amusing to me that a profile that has cruise history visible on one screen can simultaneously be classified as “New To Princess” on another.  

On the flip side, login and making dining reservations has been flawless - shockingly good compared to the old app. 

So, I'm getting an error putting in my credit card again. It says to try again later. Seems like I hit this every time I go on a new cruise. Is there any trick with the new app? I've thought about getting a new credit card so it would have a new number in case my current card is stuck somewhere in Princess's system.

On 9/17/2024 at 9:48 PM, VibeGuy said:

The new release is much snappier (iPhone 15 Pro Max / Galaxy S24 Ultra) but still seems to have teething problems.  Everything looks great for my DH, but my boarding pass and profile have me as “New To Princess”.   The previous journeys show all the port days of three sets of B2B2B2Nths, so they’ve got the right profile.  

New.  To.   Princess.  

I literally sailed Princess (and SITMAR) in short pants.   On *steamships*.   With skeet shooting from a .410! 

Materially, I don’t think it makes a difference for boarding since we booked so late were picking up medallions at the pier, but it’s amusing to me that a profile that has cruise history visible on one screen can simultaneously be classified as “New To Princess” on another.  

On the flip side, login and making dining reservations has been flawless - shockingly good compared to the old app. 

When did you book?  I booked last Thursday and ordered the medallion

44 minutes ago, dave_k58 said:

When did you book?  I booked last Thursday and ordered the medallion

About two months ago for a sailing coming up this week. 

It’s just a weird missing bit of sanity checking.  An adult passenger with history in the “Completed” tab of My Journeys can’t be New To Princess.  It’s like trying to claim virginity when you have seven biological kids.  

There are other quirks in that Completed tab.  My favorite being that a B2B with a one day gap before a B2B2B2B shows as a single voyage on the ship of the second sequence.   

Edited by VibeGuy

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

I am on the newest version of the app but it will not let me enter credit card info.  It gives me an error message and try later.  Is this just because it is the weekend?

Not sure.  But delete your card that is in there and put it back in again.

See if that helps.

17 minutes ago, dickinson said:

It is several years after my cruise.

You’re not signed into the website, are you?

Sign out of website and the App. Then sign back into the App.

If that doesn’t work, you may have to call in.  I hope you have a TA or CVP who could help. 

Try again tomorrow first.

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You’re not signed into the website, are you?

Sign out of website and the App. Then sign back into the App.

If that doesn’t work, you may have to call in.  I hope you have a TA or CVP who could help. 

Try again tomorrow first.

Thanks.  I will try again tomorrow and I do have a TA.  I am not signed into the website but am afraid to sign out of the app because I'm not sure I know my password 😞

19 minutes ago, phabric said:

If you can’t add to app, when you check in at the port, they will add for you.

Actually I was trying to purchase WiFi because I am on standard fare. I couldn’t do that nor just add my credit card. Ultimately it is the same screen. I will try tomorrow and will also try Dh phone too to see if his works. I will update to say if I got results. 

• Like 1

I tried again but I still got the error message.  Instead of my credit card I tried dh.  It worked!  So now I show my default credit card as his.  I checked his phone (he has an old one he rarely uses) and he does not have the princess app which means our cruise we just took in August we bought the wifi on princess.com because we bought two (so our cousin could use his and pay us half price).  Anyways, on my app it shows dh credit card but when I click on my name it shows mine!  Weird.  Don't know why it wouldn't take mine to purchase a wifi package.

At this point, how do I purchase another package under dh name?  Can I do it somehow on my app or do we need to download the app on his old phone?

2 hours ago, Boku said:

Having had no issues with the app since I began using it over a year ago I now have an issue, all be it a small issue. I am platinum, the website confirms I am platinum but the app states I am gold.

Most important, is that your account info on the website is correct.

AFAS the App.  You should be able to call PCL phone tree, pick the prompt to speak to Ocean Ready.  They should be able to correct your loyalty status on the App.  They have trained reps, if you’re lucky to get one.

Or, if you have a TA, they may be able to help.  I called myself, my CVP couldn’t do it.

YMMV

2 hours ago, Boku said:

Having had no issues with the app since I began using it over a year ago I now have an issue, all be it a small issue. I am platinum, the website confirms I am platinum but the app states I am gold.

My DH had the same issue and when onboard, they fixed it right away at the guest services desk.