Getting ready for my first O cruise. I'm worried about storage space.

TinaM67

DH and I will be on Vista January 9 for our first O cruise (another Celebrity refugee).  We have a concierge cabin booked.  When I look at videos on youtube of the cabin walk through, I only see 2 or 3 shallow drawers in the desk and several small drawers in the nightstands.  I'm really worried about where we'll put all of our clothes.

I'm wondering what other people do...help!

17 minutes ago, TinaM67 said:

DH and I will be on Vista January 9 for our first O cruise (another Celebrity refugee).  We have a concierge cabin booked.  When I look at videos on youtube of the cabin walk through, I only see 2 or 3 shallow drawers in the desk and several small drawers in the nightstands.  I'm really worried about where we'll put all of our clothes.

There are also a couple of shelves above the safe (door above the frig) and a partial shelf in the closet. I use nightstands for UW/socks/etc, desk for shorex, and other shelves for less used items. Shoes go on the closet floor and everything else is on hangers (yes, even t-shirts). If you have more, just keep it under the bed in a suitcase...one (or more) for dirty clothes, the other for clean clothes.

Thanks AMF. Our room is accessible (I'm in a wheelchair) so I don't see that extra shelf in the closet.  Your suggestions are good, but it still doesn't look like enough storage for 2 people for 10 days.  I guess we'll make do. One problem is that I'm an over-packer. My husband keeps telling me I don't need 10 different outfits for daytime and 10 different outfits for evening, but I don't believe him.

1 hour ago, TinaM67 said:

You should be worried.  We were in a Concierge Cabin this past November and found it a challenge to store our things.  We usually book a Penthouse and have plenty of room.  However this time we booked at the last minute and we got what was left over.

You are right.  The drawers in the desk are shallow and there are only three.  We did find that there were plenty of hangers in the closet and hung up most of our clothes.  This worked out well.

Our next cruise is in a Penthouse.  

Good luck.  

Terri

• Thanks 1

We're also in a Concierge. One with the extended balcony. We never really had much problem with storing stuff & we DO pack a lot. One thing that may help is have the attendant store your luggage. We did that & it helped quite a bit.You also may request extra hangers which we did.We'll be on the 12 day trip right after yours. Hope you have fun.

1 hour ago, TinaM67 said:

Thanks AMF. Our room is accessible (I'm in a wheelchair) so I don't see that extra shelf in the closet.  Your suggestions are good, but it still doesn't look like enough storage for 2 people for 10 days.  I guess we'll make do. One problem is that I'm an over-packer. My husband keeps telling me I don't need 10 different outfits for daytime and 10 different outfits for evening, but I don't believe him.

That definitely makes a difference if high shelves are out of reach! Remember that with concierge and above, you get 3 bags of laundry...20 items each (sock pair = 1) and up to 3 day turnaround. If you pack yourself ten day and ten night tops (so no repeats), but have bottoms (slacks/skirts/shorts) that go with everything, you can launder undergear and bottoms halfway (or 1/3 and 2/3) though the trip. It sounds like your husband will probably be fine with repeats (and laundry) saving more room.
I've also seen people pack those "sweater/shoe/purse hangers" which are fold up shelves that hang from a garment bar. Those plus packing cubes would give you more drawer-like space in the closet.

My DW packs like you day/night outfits then cuts it back and creates layered outfits with jackets, wraps, etc. that can do double duty. Your suitcases should fit under the bed and they too can double as clothing storage  for the second half of the trip if there is inadequate storage room in the closet on hangers, etc. We always put the infrequently used clothing under the bed in our suitcases. It will work, do not panic. If you have issues putting suitcases under the bed, ask your steward for assistance, they will gladly do so. They aim to please. 😇👍

Mauibabes

• Like 1

Hubby and I spent November 2023 on Vista.   For 16 nights we were in 8116 (accessible cabin) and 12 nights in 8010 (extended balcony)…..so I can readily compare the storage differences.  Both are concierge.

8116……the square footage is the same as a PH.  There is LOTS of open space and it is very easy to move around cabin.  The closet is the same as 8010, but holds fewer hangers/clothes because the “pull down” rod mechanism uses a few inches of width on each side.  Hubby used all the desk drawers and the top closet shelf for his folded clothes.  I used the 2 shelves above the safe for my folded clothes.  The 8116 nightstands have 3 drawers but are much smaller ( perhaps 1/3 or more smaller) than the 8010 nightstands.  The drawers are so small that socks/ undies barely fit.  The 8116 bathroom has NO storage at all.  There is 1 small shelf (approximately 3” x 4”).  It is imperative that all of your toiletry bags have a hook for hanging from the many grab bars.  Because of all the open space, all of our shoes were stored in the room ( not in closet).  It took a few days to find a convenient place for everything.

8010….same square footage as usual concierge cabins.  Very tight between end of bed and wall.  Desk storage the same as 8116.  Nightstand storage is bigger than 8010.  Bathroom has LOTS of clothing and toiletry storage.

38 minutes ago, CruisingIGo said:

Hubby and I spent November 2023 on Vista.   For 16 nights we were in 8116 (accessible cabin) and 12 nights in 8010 (extended balcony)…..so I can readily compare the storage differences.  Both are concierge.

8116……the square footage is the same as a PH.  There is LOTS of open space and it is very easy to move around cabin.  The closet is the same as 8010, but holds fewer hangers/clothes because the “pull down” rod mechanism uses a few inches of width on each side.  Hubby used all the desk drawers and the top closet shelf for his folded clothes.  I used the 2 shelves above the safe for my folded clothes.  The 8116 nightstands have 3 drawers but are much smaller ( perhaps 1/3 or more smaller) than the 8010 nightstands.  The drawers are so small that socks/ undies barely fit.  The 8116 bathroom has NO storage at all.  There is 1 small shelf (approximately 3” x 4”).  It is imperative that all of your toiletry bags have a hook for hanging from the many grab bars.  Because of all the open space, all of our shoes were stored in the room ( not in closet).  It took a few days to find a convenient place for everything.

8010….same square footage as usual concierge cabins.  Very tight between end of bed and wall.  Desk storage the same as 8116.  Nightstand storage is bigger than 8010.  Bathroom has LOTS of clothing and toiletry storage.

This is a very helpful detailed description... but not very encouraging.

We were in a concierge verandah cabin on Vista for 32 days and used the corner cabinet in the bathroom for storing lots of our clothes. This cabinet has upper shelves behind mirrors, counter top and several drawers down below.   It also has a very large drawer the full length of the vanity for storing all of your bathroom items,  There are also drawers in the nightstands, desk and shelves above the firdge and in the closet.  If you google Concierge Verandah Oceania Vista, there are several videos giving you a great idea of the storage.

Relax. Unless you bring lots of extra clothing, you will find adequate storage.  It’s way better than Celebrity Solstice ships that have 3 drawers and over bed cabinets.  I am short and cannot reach high shelves. On a 10 day cruise, I bring 5 -6 days worth of clothes. Plan on using laundry service.  In a rush, do it yourself.  If you don’t mind the 3 day return, send it to the laundry service.  Laundry usually is returned in 1-2 days.  The only time that they took 3 days was on Marina in June.  See you on Vista.  1/9

On 12/28/2023 at 4:59 PM, TinaM67 said:

You do not really NEED 10 outfits  for evenings & 10  for daywear

Mix & match  no one cares if you wear the same outfit   again

they also have laundry rooms  free to use 

We did 15 days  in Oct  cooler weather cruise  & had more than enough storage  in the cabin

Hi!

We did a 20 day b2b cruise in Europe this summer on Vista. We gave our 4 suitcases(we travel heavy) to our steward and he stored them. There are drawers in the bathroom and the closet is a decent size too. I also bring an outfit for each day and for each night (don't like to repeat).

Rhea

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rheasue38 said:

Hi!

We did a 20 day b2b cruise in Europe this summer on Vista. We gave our 4 suitcases(we travel heavy) to our steward and he stored them. There are drawers in the bathroom and the closet is a decent size too. I also bring an outfit for each day and for each night (don't like to repeat).

Rhea

Thanks for the feedback... wow, how did you do that?  As mentioned above, the accessible bathrooms have no storage space.  I guess I'll have to hope the closets will hold alot, and use Mauibabes' suggestion of storing under the bed outfits for the second half off the cruise.

15 minutes ago, rheasue38 said:

HI TinaM67;

We are on your cruise on Jan. 9th. I would love to hear from you how you fared with all your unpacking in your cabin.

Rhea

Thanks for that! I look forward to meeting you too!

(Did I mention 7 pairs of shoes?)

Edited by TinaM67

• 2 weeks later...

On Vista now. Cabin B is good.  It is set up similar to Riviera/Marina.  Closet opens in the entry way instead of next to the bed. It’s smaller, but adequate.  Above the safe are 2 deep shelves. The desk has 4 drawers.  In the bathroom there is a cabinet with 3 shelves.   Elbow that there is a counter with 4 drawers. Under the sink, there is a huge drawer. We had no trouble finding storage for our clothing. We have lots of unused drawers.  Like the blue night light and the under vanity lighting. The digital do not disturb/ makeup room replaces the old signage. Bathroom is spacious with a big walk-in shower. Water pressure is good. Still getting Bvlgari toiletries.  No sewing kit.  Veranda has 2 comfy chairs and a table.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1