How to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral?

1 minute ago, Tim Cruise said:

I assume there must be a shuttle company? I know I could Uber but maybe a more affordable option? 

Can I rent a car then drop off car at the ship terminal?

Most cruise lines have a shuttle option.  Have you checked with yours?

The car rental places are in town, not at the port.  You'd drop off car there and take their shuttle to the port.

We have previously done it with a rental car.  I do not recall if the rental car dealer shuttled us to the cruise port or we got a taxi.

Hank

You could book with a private shuttle company like Cruise Control or rent a car.

If you're a Costco member they have some great rates from MCO to Port Canaveral. 

Budget offered a shuttle to the port.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Most cruise lines have a shuttle option.  Have you checked with yours?

The car rental places are in town, not at the port.  You'd drop off car there and take their shuttle to the port.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this and I tried a good 20 minutes. I can't put in the Ship port car rental as a return. I even copy and pasted the address. it wont take it then keeps putting my return at the nearest airport. I can try call and talk to a human

20 minutes ago, Tim Cruise said:

I can't seem to figure out how to do this and I tried a good 20 minutes. I can't put in the Ship port car rental as a return. I even copy and pasted the address. it wont take it then keeps putting my return at the nearest airport. I can try call and talk to a human

Are you doing MCO as a pick up and return to Port Canaveral? So returning the car to a different location. This should be an option...it is on the Costco website as I'm sure it should be directly with each rental company.

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

Are you doing MCO as a pick up and return to Port Canaveral? So returning the car to a different location. This should be an option...it is on the Costco website as I'm sure it should be directly with each rental company.

Yes. But no website will not allow me type in the port address or even a car rental address. It keeps defaulting to some near by airport. I'm going to try call and talk to a human today.

I was able to book through Enterprise. They have a location about 1mile west of the Carnival Mardi Gras terminal. I went through my credit card reward center and got a pretty good rate compared to the rate straight through Enterprise website. 

Posted (edited)

remember that 'port canaveral' is a business entity IN THE TOWN of Cape Canaveral. For example the Enterprise location 'in the port' has the address: 710 Mullet Rd, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920.

In the port is a shared location for Enterprise/Alamo/National

also in Cape Canaveral are

Budget

Dollar / Thrifty (shared location)

AVIS

all are fairly close to the port and on A1A

search for a 'location' of Cape Canaveral . . . 

Edited by Capt_BJ

5 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

remember that 'port canaveral' is a business entity IN THE TOWN of Cape Canaveral. For example the Enterprise location 'in the port' has the address: 710 Mullet Rd, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920.

In the port is a shared location for Enterprise/Alamo/National

also in Cape Canaveral are

Budget

Dollar / Thrifty (shared location)

AVIS

all are fairly close to the port and on A1A

search for a 'location' of Cape Canaveral . . . 

HaHa...you are correct to use Cape Canaveral...my bad senior moment to post Port Canaveral.

We always use Avis. Rent from MCO and then drop off at their address 6650 N Atlantic Ave, Cape Canaveral. They are only for cruise ship passengers. They also shuttle you to and from the port, really quickly. Never an issue. And cheaper to rent a car and go at your own pace, then a shuttle.