WORLD CRUISE 2024

6 minutes ago, crusin7 said:

She is onboard.  We ate there once.  It had a good turnout. 

VERY glad to hear it. They should bring it back on all ships, not just the WC. Thankfully, there is a lot of open cabins on the 2024 WC so after Regent announces the new route, we might book on.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 11:45 PM, EagleScout66 said:

Cruisin 7

please remind me of your name

i would like to get some of your pics

warren wolf

If you are reading this on an iPad or phone, you can just press on a photo until the menu comes up, and choose “save to photos”.  I always mention the source when I show to friends.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 12:29 PM, crusin7 said:

Hi Marc.  No official announcement yet.  Everyone says they can’t see us going through the Red Sea or Suez Canal.  We will wait and be surprised.

I like your “qué sera, sera” attitude.  You are having a wonderful time and are safe.  You know the logistics people will work out a new, safe route and shore excursions will be arranged.  There is no need to stress over what that route will be, or know the details to the nth degree beforehand , just enjoy the results.  Such a better attitude than seen on some other threads.

I am doing the 2025 World Cruise, not having sailed with Regent before, so your excellent thread is proving much insight.  You don’t stress over the small stuff, either, and maintain a lovely, positive attitude.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Port Power said:

I like your “qué sera, sera” attitude.  You are having a wonderful time and are safe.  You know the logistics people will work out a new, safe route and shore excursions will be arranged.  There is no need to stress over what that route will be, or know the details to the nth degree beforehand , just enjoy the results.  Such a better attitude than seen on some other threads.

I am doing the 2025 World Cruise, not having sailed with Regent before, so your excellent thread is proving much insight.  You don’t stress over the small stuff, either, and maintain a lovely, positive attitude.

Definitely not going through the Red Sea/Suez Canal...you are going around Africa.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Definitely not going through the Red Sea/Suez Canal...you are going around Africa.

Well, I’m not.  I’m not on the ship!  😆  (I am actually cruising to New Zealand next week.)

Edited by Port Power

52 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

Says WHO?

If you look on CruiseMapper, you will see that most relevant ships are sailing around Cape Horn rather than risk being hit with a missile near the Red Sea.  For instance, Silver Moon sailed empty and is nearing Capetown now on its way to Mumbai for a delayed start to the February 11th cruise.  Changes in ship movements are all over the world news!  Decisions have not been published yet for March and April cruises, as there is hope that China can arrange a cease fire.

Cunard is out this morning with their WC itinerary change. Hopefully Regent will follow soon with more details on their plans for the Singapore-Abu Dhabi-Rome segments.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2988666-queen-mary-2-world-voyage-2024-itinerary-change/#comment-66841186

Edited by Marylebone37

19 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Says WHO?

Stay tuned…Seabourn just ended their WC in Singapore, cancelled ALL SAILINGS from Singapore through Dubai and the Red Sea. Their ships will now SAIL EMPTY from Singapore around Cape Town through to the Med, in order to protect their Med season.  So when will Regent advise you that your WC will end early? 

16 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

Stay tuned…Seabourn just ended their WC in Singapore, cancelled ALL SAILINGS from Singapore through Dubai and the Red Sea. Their ships will now SAIL EMPTY from Singapore around Cape Town through to the Med, in order to protect their Med season.  So when will Regent advise you that your WC will end early? 

As soon as they lock down the replacement ports.

16 hours ago, crusin7 said:

Good Morning Kauai! I’m so happy to see land.  I was very seasick last night. 

Oh no!  I'm so sorry to read you weren't well.  None of the usual remedies took effect, I guess?  Here's hoping for smooth sailing from now on 🤞

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pcardad said:

As soon as they lock down the replacement ports.

Will there be replacement ports? It is over 13,000 nautical miles to sail from Singapore to Barcelona via Cape Town. At 16 knots speed, without stopping, it would take approx 35 days to make that trip.  Much longer with passengers onboard with multiple stops plus the need to re-provision the ship.  Unless Regent cancels Med cruises on the other end, it may not be possible to make it all work out. 

29 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

Will there be replacement ports? It is over 13,000 nautical miles to sail from Singapore to Barcelona via Cape Town. At 16 knots speed, without stopping, it would take approx 35 days to make that trip.  Much longer with passengers onboard with multiple stops plus the need to re-provision the ship.  Unless Regent cancels Med cruises on the other end, it may not be possible to make it all work out. 

Mariner going to Miami not Med.  Mariner will be in Male Maldives two days before HAL and arrives in Miami six days after HAL; they can do same itinerary as HAL but add six or more days in port.  Navigator willl have a much more involved modification.

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Mariner going to Miami not Med.  Mariner will be in Male Maldives two days before HAL and arrives in Miami six days after HAL; they can do same itinerary as HAL but add six or more days in port.  Navigator willl have a much more involved modification.

Oh, so April 8 and 29th cruises will be cancelled then? And no Med ports for Mariner?  

1 minute ago, Sunprince said:

Oh, so April 8 and 29th cruises will be cancelled then? And no Med ports for Mariner?  

Mariner will probably have a Cape Town to Miami segment (or two segments with no Med).  Navigator is a different story; she has a whole Med season to protect; I have no idea what Regent will do with her.  

45 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Mariner will probably have a Cape Town to Miami segment (or two segments with no Med).  Navigator is a different story; she has a whole Med season to protect; I have no idea what Regent will do with her.  

I don't think the Meds ports (or at least most of them) will be affected. Red Sea/Suez are gone as well as Israel/Turkey/Egypt...but the plan is to replace as many ports as possible. But, like anything, subject to change.

For the last 2 nights Sette Mari was transformed into an Asian/ Hawaiian Buffet.  It was very well received.  Last night guests were turned away.  They had Sushi, sashimi, pot stickers, dumplings and a huge salad bar.  There were 2 kinds of soup…coconut or Pho.  
IMG_4571.thumb.jpeg.e5f115e154918f0435a3c296d8bdc2b1.jpeg

IMG_4573.thumb.jpeg.fbd54fa7d79b563f0bee828d77e2023a.jpeg

IMG_4574.thumb.jpeg.edaadabd678aa6ef1d9aa2d57daa72bc.jpeg

IMG_4575.thumb.jpeg.f68a952818e0b3ae5cc47fb3467ffaa2.jpeg

IMG_4576.thumb.jpeg.cdf8538a6b1a300733a25a3f5b502cb8.jpeg

IMG_4572.jpeg

• Like 5

The buffet looks fabulous and a welcome change.  Most people seem to love Sette Mari, but after a while one gets to know the menu by heart and there is a need for something different.  Do they let you eat outside after you get your food off the buffet?  Can't wait to join the Mariner on March 1.