WORLD CRUISE 2024

3 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

Do they let you eat outside after you get your food off the buffet?  Can't wait to join the Mariner on March 1.

I don’t know if they allowed people to eat outside.  Both venues were packed.  Tonight they are serving a similar menu outside at the pool grill.  We don’t sail until 11:00pm.  Aloha and welcome aboard.

I had a Pina Colada yesterday.  It was delicious!  They had a Rum Punch with a coconut rim as a welcome drink yesterday.  It was very sweet.  I didn’t get a picture.

23 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I don't think the Meds ports (or at least most of them) will be affected. Red Sea/Suez are gone as well as Israel/Turkey/Egypt...but the plan is to replace as many ports as possible. But, like anything, subject to change.

You mention Turkey,  Voyager has cruises this year that start or end in Istanbul.  I’m on one of them,  have you heard some possible changes?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

You mention Turkey,  Voyager has cruises this year that start or end in Istanbul.  I’m on one of them,  have you heard some possible changes?  

Just that canal was out and so were some ports at the far eastern end of the Med. Its a tough call for Regent...they want to be safe but they also don't want to deviate. Their insurance company has a LOT to do with it.

The Grand European Grand Voyage on Voyager this summer was supposed to have close to a dozen days in Turkey (in addition to Israel); now, only three days in Turkey and a dozen in Greece.  We had switched to Grand Arctic (again) because of the heat of so many days inTurkey in middle of summer; I guess we could have waited; still Greece will be hot.

Just now, Ladys Mom said:

Have any changes to the itinerary been announced yet.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Norma Starr

Absolutely Nothing!  We wait. 

Just now, Ladys Mom said:

Have any changes to the itinerary been announced yet.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Norma Starr

Just a lot of opinions being posted by people who likely have no idea of what really may transpire.  We will just ho with the flow,  though I understand your concern as you are joining us 3/1

Whale watching was excellent!  Maui Reef Adventures.  This was a free excursion.  We were on the water for 2 hours.  There was a competition for the female.

IMG_4930.thumb.jpeg.678afc5352448ceade10b803e7bfce30.jpeg

IMG_4929.thumb.jpeg.a7ab1d3b95f0a6b186121f160e60f4c6.jpeg

Males fighting for 1 female.  Girls rule!IMG_4928.thumb.jpeg.97a1504db305dbf65b4290c0f746fb01.jpeg

IMG_4798.thumb.jpeg.13605377c9eafca97ef33a8017a76971.jpeg

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, crusin7 said:

Whale watching was excellent!  Maui Reef Adventures.  This was a free excursion.  We were on the water for 2 hours.  There was a competition for the female.

IMG_4930.thumb.jpeg.678afc5352448ceade10b803e7bfce30.jpeg

IMG_4929.thumb.jpeg.a7ab1d3b95f0a6b186121f160e60f4c6.jpeg

Males fighting for 1 female.  Girls rule!IMG_4928.thumb.jpeg.97a1504db305dbf65b4290c0f746fb01.jpeg

IMG_4798.thumb.jpeg.13605377c9eafca97ef33a8017a76971.jpeg

We were in Maui last February and the whales were beyond AMAZING!

So happy the same this February. 

Just a comment about itinerary changes... all the speculation in the world is worthless. This mess in the Red Sea could go on for 20 years or be over in days.  Regent is likely looking at their options and will make a decision when it is necessary.  Consider the logistics of a major change in a cruise ship's itinerary.  It impacts port space, supply abilities, fuel capabilities, crew turnover,  shore excursion availability, other ships also changing itineraries, and, of course, cost.  So it's likely, and in my opinion, wise, for Regent to spend significant time and look at options and then wait until it's necessary to make the changes, and wait until they are firmed up to announce them.  Consider them changing the cruise and cancelling one or two others and then in a week this ends, or announcing changes that they end up unable to accomplish.  Everyone will be furious and we'll have endless threads of "why did Regent cancel or change my cruise so early?"  

So.... all we can do is wait and see.  Let the company decide what they want to do with their ship and then adjust to the decision.  

• Like 4

Good Morning Hilo!

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.12afab978c163b8c70deca0f8538fe1c.jpeg

We had significant rocking during our approach to Hilo.  Glassware breaking and things falling.  John came on at 0655 to tell us we would be leaving this port because of large swells.  He asked us to remain in our cabins and stay seated.  That’s a new one for us.  Again we wait.

• Like 4