Any noise from Eden heard on SV cabins, deck 7, on the Ascent?

Mustsea

Just booked the last available SV stateroom on the Ascent. Stateroom 7326. Enen is just below. Has anyone stayed in one of these deck 7 aft-facing cabins on the Ascent? I didn't realize Eden was a nightclub till after booking. I'm a light sleeper and am wondering if my white noise machine will drown out Eden noise. Also, when does Eden close for the night? Thanks!

I can't speak to the noise but as we haven't stayed on Deck 7.  We have been  on all the other E class ships, and are going on the Ascent on the 21st. in a SV on deck 7.

Eden has some performers in the evenings or show.  The times we have got to Eden the performers or show ended about 11 - 11:30.    Most of the performers we have seen in Eden were  duo's, singer accompanied by piano, or a show with part of the production cast.

Nothing that has a loud band or loud music into the night.  On E class that type of late night entertainment has been in the Club.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mustsea said:

Just booked the last available SV stateroom on the Ascent. Stateroom 7326. Enen is just below. Has anyone stayed in one of these deck 7 aft-facing cabins on the Ascent? I didn't realize Eden was a nightclub till after booking. I'm a light sleeper and am wondering if my white noise machine will drown out Eden noise. Also, when does Eden close for the night? Thanks!

We were in a SV deck 7 on Apex and I will say the noise was noticeable on one night we went to bed early and there happened to be a DJ at Eden. The noise itself was less noticeable, more so the vibration from the bass, so a sound machine wouldn't provide much relief. There's not a late night party/dj at Eden every night, so it'll be hit or miss whether there may be a disruption. Also, depending on whether there's bass-heavy music playing will impact the level of disruption. Again, we only noticed the noise on one night.

If I were you, I wouldn't give up the SV since there are no others available. There's only a chance you'll notice anything and it'll depend on the events scheduled for Eden for your sailing.

• Thanks 1

We left the Edge in December after a B2B2B.  We were in a Sunset Sky Suite on deck 9 so no noise.  But friends were on the same B2B2B in a SV on deck 7.  It was the only remaining SV available for all three legs.  They reported serious issues with the bass sounds which happened a number of nights.  Enough vibration glasses on the desk were shaking until the bass ended around midnight.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We left the Edge in December after a B2B2B.  We were in a Sunset Sky Suite on deck 9 so no noise.  But friends were on the same B2B2B in a SV on deck 7.  It was the only remaining SV available for all three legs.  They reported serious issues with the bass sounds which happened a number of nights.  Enough vibration glasses on the desk were shaking until the bass ended around midnight.

Yes, same issue on Apex. We asked to be moved and were fortunately given an SV two decks up.

The noise was from a late-night DJ; the hours in the program were "--until." That meant until after midnight.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone! I'll watch for openings on deck 8 and above.  

I didn't think to originally post another question about the soot that falls on the back balconies - that would actually be a worse problem than the noise for me (if it's pretty constant) so if anyone has experienced that I'd most definitely appreciate hearing about it. Thanks again!!

We are booked in an SV on APEX..

(Glad we booked something other than Deck 7 over EDEN)

We are booked on Deck 10..middle..Has anyone had noise or soot issues on that level?

28 minutes ago, Mustsea said:

I didn't think to originally post another question about the soot that falls on the back balconies - that would actually be a worse problem than the noise for me (if it's pretty constant) so if anyone has experienced that I'd most definitely appreciate hearing about it. Thanks again!!

It is my understanding that the SVs on Deck 7 on the Beyond and Ascent are partially covered which would minimize any soot. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jelayne said:

It is my understanding that the SVs on Deck 7 on the Beyond and Ascent are partially covered which would minimize any soot. 

Don't they also have the largest balconies?

59 minutes ago, mafig said:

Don't they also have the largest balconies?

yes..and we did not have Soot issues on 7..

but now wonderng about higher up..closer to the stacks!

4 hours ago, Mustsea said:

Deck 7 SV on Apex had a soot issue. Echoing the previous comment that the deck 7 SVs on Beyond & Ascent have an extended overhang versus Apex & Edge which may result is less soot buildup. Frequency of cleaning may also play a role. Remember to bring up any issues with your room attendant if anything needs attention and tip for quality service.

• Like 1

We were on deck 7  in a SV on Apex on a 14 day transatlantic this November .

Loved it! Yes…once or twice around 10 pm there was some noise from Eden below us. 
Was no big deal! Would book the exact same stateroom again in a heartbeat! We had 2 deck chairs AND 2 lounge chairs. More than made up for the very ,very minor inconvenience of a little noise on 2 or 3 of 14 nights.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ourjetboat said:

We were on deck 7  in a SV on Apex on a 14 day transatlantic this November .

Loved it! Yes…once or twice around 10 pm there was some noise from Eden below us. 
Was no big deal! Would book the exact same stateroom again in a heartbeat! We had 2 deck chairs AND 2 lounge chairs. More than made up for the very ,very minor inconvenience of a little noise on 2 or 3 of 14 nights.

Correct, however, I don't think all the SV on deck 7 have the 2 lounger, 2 chair setup. The center two rooms actually have a bit wider balcony than the two adjacent ones.  The photo below of Apex (or Edge, I can't tell) gives a good view of this.

image.png.9e6f3d86aff64bcca07a348556735d31.png

Unfortunately, the OP is in 7326 which, on Ascent, is one of the two with the skinnier balconies adjacent to the larger center one, still plenty long though.

All said and done, I still wouldn't recommend giving up the SV. That view is just too good to pass up on.

20221222_175246.thumb.jpg.ec7584f801903d672d51bdeecd1013e1.jpg

thanks for posting the room#  diagram

Deck 10 middle seems loke it will be  good for us on APEX.. We did fine with only 1 lounger plus chair on EDGE..

Did not sit out much..too sunny and the  next door cabin including the balcony  was used as frat boy  party central..  day and night,  except when they left for meals and late night ..

The  aft views were amazing...sunrise, sunset, night sky.  Would not give up a SV...