A negative post from a positive poster 😔

MR_T

20 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

That was our experience in Blu in 2019 on Reflection. The service at bf was awful all 3 times we went there, including major resistance when we ordered mimosas and no offers to refill coffee or water. MDR for bf was much better.

Refills?  We were lucky to get a first coffee or water...

The water and coffee service was very spotty.  However if you wanted a juice or croissant there was plenty to go around.

I did order a Mimosa the first morning and it took forever to get it to the table.  I did not order a Mimosa after that.  Apparently they have to go to another bar to get it.

Cafe Al Baccio did a good job.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Refills?  We were lucky to get a first coffee or water...

The water and coffee service was very spotty.  However if you wanted a juice or croissant there was plenty to go around.

I did order a Mimosa the first morning and it took forever to get it to the table.  I did not order a Mimosa after that.  Apparently they have to go to another bar to get it.

Cafe Al Baccio did a good job.

What do you consider a long time?  What is an acceptable wait time versus unacceptable?  What do you do or say when the item does not arrive quickly enough?

So a mimosa took too long? How long is forever?  How did you communicate your dissatisfaction to the staff and/or management?

I find a simple raised hand or an “excuse me” works pretty well on multiple cruises.  There are multiple people in the dining room ready to assist you.

I traveled with someone who was pretty demanding so maybe I am overly sensitive to complaints of poor service.

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What do you consider a long time?  What is an acceptable wait time versus unacceptable?  What do you do or say when the item does not arrive quickly enough?

So a mimosa took too long? How long is forever?  How did you communicate your dissatisfaction to the staff and/or management?

I find a simple raised hand or an “excuse me” works pretty well on multiple cruises.  There are multiple people in the dining room ready to assist you.

I traveled with someone who was pretty demanding so maybe I am overly sensitive to complaints of poor service.

Zitsky....perhaps you are oversensitive. NMTraveller has been on CC for a long time and has seemed to offer reasonable and good advice. Perhaps they did raise a hand and try to obtain the attention of a waiter.  I find your reply post very interrogating and unkind to a member who has contributed a lot to this forum.🤔 

Edited by Dr. Pam
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

find a simple raised hand or an “excuse me” works pretty well on multiple cruises.  There are multiple people in the dining room ready to assist you.

That works perfect every time-- combined with a " Thank You " !!

Lately there are way too many "nitpickin" complaints on CC --- other than " There were no round tomatoes in the buffet" !!! ( LOL )

( No, I can't get it out of my mind)

24 minutes ago, zitsky said:

A long time is after I have finished breakfast.  I would like to enjoy a Mimosa during/before.  The same for water and coffee.  

We did ask for coffee after a while when it was not delivered.  But I am not into continuously asking for this and that.  

The solution was to afterwards go to Cafe Al Bacio where they had better staffing.  They did a good job.  No complaints there.

I could have complained to the Maitre D,  but that would not solve a staffing issue.  There was one guy on the team that was working his butt off.  No need to make him work harder.

It is not my job to fix things that are broken on the ship.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr. Pam said:

Zitsky....perhaps you are oversensitive. NMTraveller has been on CC for a long time and has seemed to offer reasonable and good advice. Perhaps they did raise a hand and try to obtain the attention of a waiter.  I find your reply post very interrogating and unkind to a member who has contributed a lot to this forum.🤔 

I see.  So if someone has a complaint, it’s inappropriate to ask questions if they have been on CC a long time?

I did not say the poster was unreasonable.  I asked questions.  That’s how I learn.

16 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

A long time is after I have finished breakfast.  I would like to enjoy a Mimosa during/before.  The same for water and coffee.  

We did ask for coffee after a while when it was not delivered.  But I am not into continuously asking for this and that.  

The solution was to afterwards go to Cafe Al Bacio where they had better staffing.  They did a good job.  No complaints there.

I could have complained to the Maitre D,  but that would not solve a staffing issue.  There was one guy on the team that was working his butt off.  No need to make him work harder.

You don’t think telling the maitre’d about a service complaint might help them address it?

Note @Dr. Pam that was a question, not a statement.  If someone is going to complain about service, I’d like to know how they handled it.  

16 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You don’t think telling the maitre’d about a service complaint might help them address it?

Note @Dr. Pam that was a question, not a statement.  If someone is going to complain about service, I’d like to know how they handled it.  

If I thought that they would add more staffing to fix the situation I would have.  My fear was that they would just have the overtasked staff work harder.  Will the Maitre D hire more staff?

Anyways a simple visit from the hotel manager could have observed the obvious.  The hotel manager was likely aware of staffing.

At the martini bar one night they did not do the show due to staffing...

How many times should one have to complain on a cruise?  If it is minor I just find a better solution.  As I said I am not getting paid by Celebrity to manage their ship.  I am on a vacation.  

None of these issues were observed on my previous cruise.  It was a fully staffed ship.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

It is not my job to fix things that are broken on the ship.

Zitsky said:

Zitsky, I am sorry if you felt that my interpretation of these bolded questions sounded like an interrogation......because it does.  I hope that you have learned much from NMTraveller's exchange if that is what you wanted......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

@zitsky @Pinboy  Both of you serm obsessed with other people's complaints, as you constantly discuss how you would have solved the problem or you ask the posters to justify what they wrote. Here, you both responded to @NMTraveller who actually was responding to my story discussing a pre-pandemic example of bad service.

I want to explain further about those incidents in direct reply to your suggestions. Like NM, I had to wait a long time for our mimosas, some 30 to 45 minutes, and they had not told us there would be a delay. They did say afterwards that they had to go to an outside bar. There were only 3 other tables occupied in Blu. We talked to another couple who had mimosas and they said they had complained to the head waiter on other days with no results, and had decided to stop somewhere else to bring their drinks in. 

Raising our hand to get a waiter's attention for coffee and water would have worked if we ever saw a waiter. We timed it once, and it was 15 minutes after we asked for coffee refills before we saw someone to again ask and 5 more minutes before it was brought.

We, like all passengers, have had many frustrations that we don't let bother us too much, but when we relate similar experiences in response to a specific problem posted by another pax there is no reason for a plethora of "I'd have handled it better/I'd have solved the problem/You are just whining" and "Prove it" comments.  

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Pam said:

Zitsky said:

Zitsky, I am sorry if you felt that my interpretation of these bolded questions sounded like an interrogation......because it does.  I hope that you have learned much from NMTraveller's exchange if that is what you wanted......

If you’re going to complain about something on a public website, you might expect to be asked about your experience?  Maybe that’s just me.

I have yet to learn telepathy.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

Ya...Zitsky, it is just you. Your writing style for  your post was interrogative and abrasive.. Six abrupt questions, all in a row!  Just learn to be kind and phrase your questions in a pleasant manner.   Please calm down.  I am moving on....

Thank you NMTraveller and Mayleeman for your comments and how you handled your situations onboard.  

Happy and Safe travels,

Pam

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Pam said:

Ya...Zitsky, it is just you. Your writing style for  your post was interrogative and abrasive.. Six abrupt questions, all in a row!  Just learn to be kind and phrase your questions in a pleasant manner.   Please calm down.  I am moving on....

Thank you NMTraveller and Mayleeman for your comments and how you handled your situations onboard.  

Happy and Safe travels,

Pam

You’re asking me to calm down?

14 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

1--Both of you serm obsessed with other people's complaints, as you constantly discuss how you would have solved the problem or you ask the posters to justify what they wrote.

2--"I'd have handled it better/I'd have solved the problem/You are just whining" and "Prove it" comments.  

With due respect--- no harsh feelings-- To explain:

I do enjoy reading your posts and perhaps you misread or didn't understand a post of mine in the context it was written. 

1-- Not " obsessed " with anything--except maybe some of the total nonsense complaints we've all seen posted recently on CC. 

Never asked anyone on CC to "justify" anything-- might have commented or suggested what I would do, but, never asked anyone to "justify" why they did what.

2--Absolutely got the wrong person here--not one quotation applies to any post I've written.

Let's just move on-- 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Pinboy You are correct that most of what I wrote doesn't apply directly to you, so sorry to have lumped you in.  Still, since you admitted that you can't get some complaints out of your mind, do you at least understand why I used "obsessed"?  🙃

But the comment you made that raising your hand and politely asking for help "works every time" was really why I wrote the extended version. We were very frustrated, very polite, and still ignored. It happens, and not just due to staff cuts recently!

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

@Pinboy You are correct that most of what I wrote doesn't apply directly to you, so sorry to have lumped you in.  Still, since you admitted that you can't get some complaints out of your mind, do you at least understand why I used "obsessed"?  🙃

But the comment you made that raising your hand and politely asking for help "works every time" was really why I wrote the extended version. We were very frustrated, very polite, and still ignored. It happens, and not just due to staff cuts recently!

No apologies necessary—Excellent points.

Agree with your frustration re poor service, especially being ignored.

“ obsessed “ ? Who me ?

You noticed ?  Ok , but only when necessary ( LOL).

Example — The “ old fart “ with the 32 yr old— holy cow — I keep wondering if —

( not really, but makes for some CC fun talking about it).

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 10:30 AM, CruisinShips said:

Sorry for that experience.  It seems the issues you had were specifically about the Equinox as opposed to the entire line...so I will choose to use that distinction as a qualifier!

Hopefully someone with the company can read your post and see that the issues are addressed.

Very, very similar on our recent Eclipse!

14 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I think that we understand that this issue is not happening to every stateroom on every cruise.

But for those that have the issue it is frustrating ...

Right, but I think it's important that people know both sides...