A negative post from a positive poster 😔

MR_T

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

As for removing gratuity’s that’s not something we would ever do, however we will most likely not leave any extra which we would generally do. 

1 hour ago, horseymike said:

Unfortunate for sure. In 20 cruises lifetime, 6 on Celebrity, we had a horrible stateroom attendant one time . While it didn’t totally ruin our cruise , it sure made it less than memorable.

On a sailing with my adult daughter about 15 years ago we had a terrible stateroom attendant. I gave him a very large tip. My DD asked why did you do that, he is awful. I told her that others are surely complaining about him and he may get fired, so he will need the money to survive. Probably don't apply now.

There is no way I would want this stateroom attendant taking care of my stateroom after seeing this, and now four days have passed and it has not gotten better.  I would go straight to the Hotel Director and insist on a new attendant, or be moved to an entirely different location. Guest Services are giving you lip service.

• Like 6

It is always sad to read this kind of information, especially when it is not taken care of ASAP!  It seems like the chain of command is also in need of improvement.  TBH, my DH and I actually had a cruise booked on her, but read other accounts of issues that made us cancel and transfer our cruise.  One would have thought that these situations would have been corrected, but obviously not.  The new ships get all the hoopla with the stock soaring, but your situation should have been taken care of immediately, period.  Furthermore, customer service is lacking in so many areas, not just on cruise ships.  Having to pay more for less is not a good business model and will show up in a variety of ways, especially after the newness factor wears off.  

I hope you will return and share what has transpired, mentioning what Celebrity has done to rectify your terrible experience, as this is unacceptable.  I am waiting to hear how Celebrity has chosen to make this situation much better, taking responsibility for what has transpired.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, billc23 said:

On a sailing with my adult daughter about 15 years ago we had a terrible stateroom attendant. I gave him a very large tip. My DD asked why did you do that, he is awful. I told her that others are surely complaining about him and he may get fired, so he will need the money to survive. Probably don't apply now.

Did you speak with the stateroom attendant about it? If not, that's your fault. You were only assuming others would be complaining. Maybe they were making the same assumption you did.  I agree with your daughter. No way. What about your PCS? 

Edited by doghog

8 minutes ago, doghog said:

Did you speak with the stateroom attendant about it? If not, that's your fault. You were only assuming others would be complaining. Maybe they were making the same assumption you did.  I agree with your daughter. No way. What about your PCS? 

I think he said in his initial post he wasn’t sure if he had met his stateroom attendant.  He also didn’t have the number to contact him.  On the Dilhouette the Hotel Directors office was adjacent to customer service.  I’ve never been on the Equinox and now never will!  Because of your Celebrity loyalty if you have the invite to the helipad all the Directors attend.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Linda W. said:

I think he said in his initial post he wasn’t sure if he had met his stateroom attendant.  He also didn’t have the number to contact him.  On the Dilhouette the Hotel Directors office was adjacent to customer service.  I’ve never been on the Equinox and now never will!  Because of your Celebrity loyalty if you have the invite to the helipad all the Directors attend.

The person I quote was not the OP, @MR_T

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Not really fair to judge all Equinox cabin attendants and the cleanliness of the cabin by this posting.  We sailed her in Nov '22...couldn't have changed that much.  Everything was as it should be...clean and well attended.  I would have definitely insisted on 'meeting the attendant'.  GS knows who it is and who to refer this situation to....and not left the desk until something was done about immediate cleaning OR transfer to another cabin, preferably at a higher level for customer satisfaction.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, doghog said:

I did, and he tried... as long as he put in the effort I am not one to complain about him and we had a great cruise - life is short.

• Like 1

We were on this ship almost a year ago. Everything was clean - except for the steam and sauna rooms! We had wanted to buy the spa package for the whole cruise, that is until we checked out these specific rooms on embarkation day. Awful! Everything had needed torn out and redone and retiled long before we arrived. The rooms smelled (one person in our group said like dirty socks) and water damaged ceilings evident. The ceilings needed to be tiled, not painted plaster. I hope this is no longer the case!

1 hour ago, billc23 said:

I did, and he tried... as long as he put in the effort I am not one to complain about him and we had a great cruise - life is short.

You did here on CC. 🙄

3 hours ago, billc23 said:

Sorry. I thought I told a story. If someone reads it as a complaint it doesn’t matter. 

Sounded like a simple story to me.

There are lots of "Gotcha!" aficionados lying in wait for any perceived inconsistencies,  but sometimes they miss....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Sorry this happened to you.

IMHO the ships are currently understaffed...  Thanks to management...

Agree 100%, I think anyone that cruised 10+ years ago and cruises now it’s very noticeable the difference in service levels all around the ship 😔

• Like 4

11 hours ago, mayleeman said:

There are lots of "Gotcha!" aficionados lying in wait for any perceived inconsistencies,  but sometimes they miss....

LOL--- So, let's say " someone " states that they won the golf putting contest in 2012, and their Waiter in 2019 forgot to bring their 3 shrimp cocktails at the same time, and, and, etc ,etc , you mean to say there are CCers out there " Checkin' them Facts " ???

Don't ya think it's more fun reading/posting on some of the dumb threads instead ?

( I know, I know, it's none of my business and if you don't like it, blah, blah, blah )

• Like 2

OP, I’m sorry you are experiencing these issues.  We just disembarked January 8, 2024 from cabin 1206 and had a wonderful cabin attendant.  Enjoyed the cruise immensely.  We are frequent Celebrity cruisers and Equinox is one of our favorites.  I do think the staff are over worked.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

And .... would you be a contributor? 😉

LOL— You kidding’ ??

My favorites:

“Who’s the etc etc “

” What should I do etc etc “

” There were no etc etc “

Still waiting for “ We saw a pineapple upside down and knocked on the door and etc etc “

Hi Mr T

We'll be joining you on the Equinox next week.  I'm hoping we won't be getting the same cabin steward as you.  We've never had a bad cabin steward on Celebrity.  In your situation I would write a note to the Hotel Director.

We've only ever had one terrible cabin steward.  that was on an NCL cruise.  One day early in the cruise we didn't get the usual evening turn down and another day our room was never serviced.  When we complained to him about it he said "It's not my fault."  After that we complained to housekeeping and the service improved.

I'm hoping the rest of your cruise is much better.

Since you are on the ship now I do have two questions.  Who is the Cruise Director?  How has the entertainment been?

Hope to meet you on the ship.

Barbara

• Like 1

We were on a BTB Equinox in December and I can't say enough good things about  our room attendant....he figured out our schedule quickly and everyday was asking if everything was okay and if there was anything he could do for us....we were in a balcony, hump room on the 8th floor...

23 hours ago, MR_T said:

In general the ship looks great, yes there’s a few areas that are tired looking and could do with touch ups/replacements but that happens over time but overall still a beautiful ship. 

Thanks, good to hear.

22 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Not really fair to judge all Equinox cabin attendants and the cleanliness of the cabin by this posting.  We sailed her in Nov '22...couldn't have changed that much.  Everything was as it should be...clean and well attended.  I would have definitely insisted on 'meeting the attendant'.  GS knows who it is and who to refer this situation to....and not left the desk until something was done about immediate cleaning OR transfer to another cabin, preferably at a higher level for customer satisfaction.

Exactly! I'm not denying the OPs experience,  but it is certainly an exception! I've sailed 9 times on Celebrity last year including a b2b on Equinox and I had ZERO issues of the type described.  Anyone canceling because a few people experienced issues like this is making a big mistake IMHO. But go ahead- it will make the ships less crowded on my 4 upcoming cruises! (Including 2 on Equinox)

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I agree. Those that don't report the issue(s) while on the cruise (with the attendant, GS or higher) and complain about it on CC are part of the problem and not part of the solution. That's why things go unchanged. No accountability. The last thing I want to do is waste my time speaking with someone that isn't doing their job. But we won't except a service that isn't at least to the cruise line standard. Out of all our cruises we had one issue a few years ago on one of our RC cruises with a waiter. The problem was taken care of immediately after we spoke with the Head Waiter. 

• Like 1

We’ve been on Equinox a couple times most recently a year ago. We have never had an issue with any of our state room attendants on any of our 15 Celebrity cruises. They have always done a fabulous job.

They are worked very hard. As stated it can happen.

IMHO I do believe you have to address any issues immediately on your cruise otherwise it just ruins your vacation.

• Like 1