A negative post from a positive poster 😔

MR_T

2 hours ago, doghog said:

I agree. Those that don't report the issue(s) while on the cruise (with the attendant, GS or higher) and complain about it on CC are part of the problem and not part of the solution. That's why things go unchanged. No accountability. The last thing I want to do is waste my time speaking with someone that isn't doing their job. But we won't except a service that isn't at least to the cruise line standard. Out of all our cruises we had one issue a few years ago on one of our RC cruises with a waiter. The problem was taken care of immediately after we spoke with the Head Waiter. 

Agree. The post on here should have been rightly critical of the service provided but then explained what happened when a complaint was made. Us English take most things on the chin but if we do we wouldn’t come on here afterwards complaining, we would deal with it then or accept it. Such is this board, love it 🥰 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MR_T said:

Agree 100%, I think anyone that cruised 10+ years ago and cruises now it’s very noticeable the difference in service levels all around the ship 😔

Ten years?  My comparison was pre-covid vs post-covid.  I noticed a big difference in just 3 or 4 years.  

Pre-covid the Celebrity service wowed me.  It was better than at the hotels.  Therefore it was an easy choice.  Post-covid I think that the hotels in service are better.  Therefore the next vacation I am booking is a land trip.

The next cruise is not with Celebrity...

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 6

On 1/11/2024 at 3:18 PM, Oceangoer2 said:

Not really fair to judge all Equinox cabin attendants and the cleanliness of the cabin by this posting.  We sailed her in Nov '22...couldn't have changed that much.  Everything was as it should be...clean and well attended.  I would have definitely insisted on 'meeting the attendant'.  GS knows who it is and who to refer this situation to....and not left the desk until something was done about immediate cleaning OR transfer to another cabin, preferably at a higher level for customer satisfaction.

Agreed.

Maybe the cabin attendant only works at night as someone suggested they do, therefore they can never clean while OP is sleeping.

Seriously folks, report this to management with the QR code.  But if these are your biggest problems I don’t see what the fuss is about.

Come back when they are spitting in your food in the buffet.

Edited by zitsky

Sailing Equinox this coming week. It will be our second Celebrity trip. The first was on Beyond. Expecting a great cruise. Hope your room attendant issue has been resolved and you are enjoying your cruise. 

Maybe dumb question. What is QR code?

22 hours ago, helen haywood said:

OP, I’m sorry you are experiencing these issues.  We just disembarked January 8, 2024 from cabin 1206 and had a wonderful cabin attendant.  Enjoyed the cruise immensely.  We are frequent Celebrity cruisers and Equinox is one of our favorites.  I do think the staff are over worked.  

It’s definitely not the norm, we’ve pretty much always had a good experience with our cabin attendants, this is definitely a one off, hopefully anyway 🤞🏻

21 hours ago, barbels said:

Hi Mr T

We'll be joining you on the Equinox next week.  I'm hoping we won't be getting the same cabin steward as you.  We've never had a bad cabin steward on Celebrity.  In your situation I would write a note to the Hotel Director.

We've only ever had one terrible cabin steward.  that was on an NCL cruise.  One day early in the cruise we didn't get the usual evening turn down and another day our room was never serviced.  When we complained to him about it he said "It's not my fault."  After that we complained to housekeeping and the service improved.

I'm hoping the rest of your cruise is much better.

Since you are on the ship now I do have two questions.  Who is the Cruise Director?  How has the entertainment been?

Hope to meet you on the ship.

Barbara

CD is a young lady called Crystal, she’s ok I guess, seems happy & jolly but not really see her around the ship at all really, not that we look for her but does seem less visible vs other CDs we’ve experienced in the past. 

entertainment has also been ok but not fantastic, seems to have a lot of similarities in the acts but there are a few changes  in entertainment crew (singers/dancers) at the end of this cruise so whether that changes anything I guess we’ll have to wait and see. However we are not generally show people so what we find ok you may love so I’m sure you will find something ☺️

Are you sure there is a cabin attendant? Years ago, we and several other couples were in aft cabins on Summit. After not meeting the attendant for three days and having less than par cleaning, I asked the assistant attendant where our main cabin attendant was. The assistant was very nice but I think it was his first cruise and I just got a wide-eyed look. The head of housekeeping finally showed up and after telling me we did have a cabin attendant, she admitted we didn’t have one…..he had jumped ship at the end of the prior cruise. They were in the process of flying one in which happened on day four! The truth would have been nice from the beginning! They sent flowers as an apology!

33 minutes ago, elliekate said:

Are you sure there is a cabin attendant? Years ago, we and several other couples were in aft cabins on Summit. After not meeting the attendant for three days and having less than par cleaning, I asked the assistant attendant where our main cabin attendant was. The assistant was very nice but I think it was his first cruise and I just got a wide-eyed look. The head of housekeeping finally showed up and after telling me we did have a cabin attendant, she admitted we didn’t have one…..he had jumped ship at the end of the prior cruise. They were in the process of flying one in which happened on day four! The truth would have been nice from the beginning! They sent flowers as an apology!

Wow that’s crazy, sounds like they tried to get through it without letting you know… 

i can confirm we have someone, only because we asked someone in the hall if she was our attendant, she still didn’t introduce herself she just said yes and smiled as if everything was normal.. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

Wow that’s crazy, sounds like they tried to get through it without letting you know… 

i can confirm we have someone, only because we asked someone in the hall if she was our attendant, she still didn’t introduce herself she just said yes and smiled as if everything was normal.. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Maybe she was a Leaf fan 🤔🤣

5 hours ago, MR_T said:

It sounds like a game being played on both sides.

So she said yes she was your room attendant and then you said, “we need ABC, why haven’t we met you yet?”.  Then what did she say after that?  Most wear a name tag.  What were you hoping that she would say?

Our room attendant on the Beyond was very good but a little shy.  It helped that we tipped him twice.  I think it was because he was from Indonesia and he saw two men traveling together.  My husband is from Malaysia.  

We met other attendants, not ours, that were a bit more outgoing and friendly.  Call me crazy but I think the Filipino staff was more comfortable seeing two gay men traveling together.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

It sounds like a game being played on both sides.

So she said yes she was your room attendant and then you said, “we need ABC, why haven’t we met you yet?”.  Then what did she say after that?  Most wear a name tag.  What were you hoping that she would say?

Our room attendant on the Beyond was very good but a little shy.  It helped that we tipped him twice.  I think it was because he was from Indonesia and he saw two men traveling together.  My husband is from Malaysia.  

We met other attendants, not ours, that were a bit more outgoing and friendly.  Call me crazy but I think the Filipino staff was more comfortable seeing two gay men traveling together.

Oh I don’t know maybe my name is… sorry for not cleaning your cabin properly the first or second day/night… sorry you had to find some random drug on the floor by your bed… let me give you my details so you are able to contact me directly if you need anything else during the cruise relating to the cabin… there’s just a few things she could have said but I guess I’m just being difficult because my experience isn’t as great as yours… and I guess it was my fault because I didn’t tip her extra before receiving any service, you know people do have bad experiences when others don’t 🤷🏼‍♂️ it’s called life, there’s no need to to try and make it out we are somewhat to blame here, we got bad service at the start of a expensive vacation and rightly complained about it. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MR_T said:

you know people do have bad experiences when others don’t 🤷🏼‍♂️ it’s called life, there’s no need to to try and make it out we are somewhat to blame here, we got bad service at the start of a expensive vacation and rightly complained about it. 

As you should. I hope we never experience what you have. Unacceptable. But if we did we would escalate our experiences to the right people if needed to. 

• Like 2

On my cruise last week I had a case where I had a fill in room attendant.  My regular room attendant did a good job as was tipped.  The fill in attendant did not give me the daily newsletter or chocolates.  Neither would have been a big deal if it was not for having QR codes in the newsletter to get the electronic arrival documentation.  As a result the next morning I am down at guest services to get the newsletter.  A bunch of oddities I noticed last week.  Probably not a big deal one by one but when you add them all up definitely an annoyance that shows they are understaffed...

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, MR_T said:

Oh I don’t know maybe my name is… sorry for not cleaning your cabin properly the first or second day/night… sorry you had to find some random drug on the floor by your bed… let me give you my details so you are able to contact me directly if you need anything else during the cruise relating to the cabin… there’s just a few things she could have said but I guess I’m just being difficult because my experience isn’t as great as yours… and I guess it was my fault because I didn’t tip her extra before receiving any service, you know people do have bad experiences when others don’t 🤷🏼‍♂️ it’s called life, there’s no need to to try and make it out we are somewhat to blame here, we got bad service at the start of a expensive vacation and rightly complained about it. 

Where do you get that I “blamed you” for what happened?  Because I asked you about it?  I asked what you said to staff?  Do you just want me to say “Yes.  Celebrity bad.”

You said you reported it but you seem unhappy that Celebrity didn’t address all your concerns.  I wasn’t there.  If it was me I would report it and if not fixed immediately I would clean it myself.  Then maybe ask for some small compensation.  

On 1/11/2024 at 12:27 PM, Pinboy said:

Why not just call the Attendant ?

We were always given their card ( contact info ) when we first met our cabin Attendant.

And besides, who knows when the Attendant will see it, or, someone might even draw a picture of a pineapple up-side down on the note ( LOL). 

We got off Apex Saturday.  For the first time in 20+ years of cruising we had a terrible cabin attendant.  Hardly saw him, had to ask him for his card, for bathrobes, beach towels, hangers, kleenex.  Also could have left msg in dust in cabin.  Blood and filth on wastebasket lid.  Late cabin makeup every day.   Saw him in passing 4-5 times during cruise.  Filled out comment card and got call from asst housekeeping director who apologized and said attendant would get more training.

Sorry to OP bc we completely understand.  Of course it's unexpected, disappointing and not acceptable.  Still was a good cruise.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

Where do you get that I “blamed you” for what happened?  Because I asked you about it?  I asked what you said to staff?  Do you just want me to say “Yes.  Celebrity bad.”

You said you reported it but you seem unhappy that Celebrity didn’t address all your concerns.  I wasn’t there.  If it was me I would report it and if not fixed immediately I would clean it myself.  Then maybe ask for some small compensation.  

Reported 3 times without a satisfactory outcome, on top of continued small issues that had to be chased up after this also, given up to be honest as I’m not spending my vacation time back & forth to GR when I just feel it’s not got any better In any way 🤷🏼‍♂️ we’ve just accepted she’s not great at her job and we’ve lowered our expectations for this cruise & the next. 

luckily we have had a great dining room experience every night so that’s a huge plus for us so it’s not all bad. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Reported 3 times without a satisfactory outcome, on top of continued small issues that had to be chased up after this also, given up to be honest as I’m not spending my vacation time back & forth to GR when I just feel it’s not got any better In any way 🤷🏼‍♂️ we’ve just accepted she’s not great at her job and we’ve lowered our expectations for this cruise & the next. 

luckily we have had a great dining room experience every night so that’s a huge plus for us so it’s not all bad. 

This is the way that I feel.  It is not my job to be the manager of the ship and report every small issue that comes up.  I do not have the time and I am not getting paid to be the ship's manager I am on vacation.  There were a number of small issues on my cruise.  The bigger issue of the heat/AC not working in our stateroom we had to report to be comfortable.  The smaller issues we found a way to work around them.  We were a little annoyed that the coffee service in Blu was not up to par.  We had to continually ask for coffee vs automatically having someone come by with a refill or hunting down our server to get the initial cup.  We worked around this by going to Cafe Al Baccio after breakfast.  Is this another cost saving measure?

It is the hotel manager's job to monitor the dining rooms and provide quality service.  The only dining room I saw the hotel manager in was LPC on day 2.

We did provide feedback on the survey post cruise.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, kabmab said:

Filled out comment card and got call from asst housekeeping director who apologized and said attendant would get more training.

"asst housekeeping director "----I like the " director " part.

LOL--- Everybody on board has a friggin " Title "-- and does nothing--- just pass the buck and shut the " Complainer " (?) up with---" Sorry 'bout dat "---

I'll translate that !!

" Only x more days stuck with these folks --- then, bye, bye" !!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

This is the way that I feel.  It is not my job to be the manager of the ship and report every small issue that comes up.  I do not have the time and I am not getting paid to be the ship's manager I am on vacation.  There were a number of small issues on my cruise.  The bigger issue of the heat/AC not working in our stateroom we had to report to be comfortable.  The smaller issues we found a way to work around them.  We were a little annoyed that the coffee service in Blu was not up to par.  We had to continually ask for coffee vs automatically having someone come by with a refill or hunting down our server to get the initial cup.  We worked around this by going to Cafe Al Baccio after breakfast.  Is this another cost saving measure?

It is the hotel manager's job to monitor the dining rooms and provide quality service.  The only dining room I saw the hotel manager in was LPC on day 2.

We did provide feedback on the survey post cruise.

What do you do if a complaint is not addressed?  You are more experienced cruiser than I am.

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What do you do if a complaint is not addressed?  

I think that most of the complaints are due to understaffing and I believe that is a money saving venture on corporate.  I am not sure how you fix this other than contacting corporate. 

If it is a serious complaint then you contact and talk to the hotel manager if it is not fixed..

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I feel that most of the complaints are due to understaffing and I believe that is a money saving venture on corporate.  I am not sure how you fix this other than contacting shoreside.

Yep

the only way they are going to hire more Staff is to pay more $$$$$. 

RCCL stock and profits are now up. Time to start spending the money on people and not on buying super Mega ships. 

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

We were a little annoyed that the coffee service in Blu was not up to par. 

That was our experience in Blu in 2019 on Reflection. The service at bf was awful all 3 times we went there, including major resistance when we ordered mimosas and no offers to refill coffee or water. MDR for bf was much better.

• Thanks 1