60th cruise

alanasgpa

1 hour ago, alanasgpa said:

Does princes do anything special for your 60th cruise???

Short answer is No.

For a little background info, I believe when Princess celebrated its 50th year(2015?), they created a milestone program where they would recognize your 50th cruise and then every 25 after. That program was eventually revised to be based on number of cruise days starting at 500 and then every 250 days increment. The milestone program was retired around the end of 2022, some were grandfathered if you booked during a certain period before program announced being retired and would be sailing in 2023.

Also the loyalty command credit was discontinued with the restart, which awarded OBC based on your number of cruise credits starting at cruise credit 21 with $25 OBC and maxed out at $100 OBC after you completed 51 credits. You would receive the $100 OBC for every cruise afterwards, no matter the length or stateroom booked. Program has been discontinued.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is sad that even with 60 Princess cruises, it doesn't mean a lot to them lately. The benefits of being loyal to the cruise line seem to be disappearing each month. The latest being priority entry into the terminals. 

Other than free laundry, there's not much else to be happy about. 

Oh yes, having a black medallion is special with a 10 % discount on certain items. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, skynight said:

Does Princess still have to top 40 lunch, or is that also gone?

They still have it for 7 day trips & longer but I think I've read that they've stopped it for shorter cruises. (I can't confirm it)

Edited by MissP22

Just now, MissP22 said:

They still have it for 7 day trips & more but I think I've read that they've stopped it for shorter cruises. (I can't confirm it)

I was on the Discovery 4 day sailing after Thanksgiving. AFAIK, On 4 day or less sailings, Princess will usually recognize the top 10 with a letter inviting them and a guest to SD as what was done on this sailing. I was on the Majestic 5 day sailing Vancouver to LA in early October and they had a luncheon. 

More precisely it is not the top 40, on sailings 5+ days. Princess recognizes the top 20 plus a guest, so usually for a maximum of 40. You can have solo’s traveling who do not have a plus one/guest who qualify for top 20, thus the total at the MTG event will not be 40 passengers.

Princess looks at placement on a by cabin basis, so whomever has the highest number of days in that cabin is the qualifier, the other passengers numbers do not matter and will not be relevant to determine placement/ranking.

Many times the numbers are the same as couples who always travel together will have the same number, but sometimes one of a couple travels without the other so the numbers do not always match or may travel with someone with very little days or traveled on Princess before the other started.

In the rare case of a tie, I believe the tiebreaker is who has the higher number of cruise credits.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

I was on the Discovery 4 day sailing after Thanksgiving. AFAIK, On 4 day or less sailings, Princess will usually recognize the top 10 with a letter inviting them and a guest to SD as what was done on this sailing. I was on the Majestic 5 day sailing Vancouver to LA in early October and they had a luncheon. 

More precisely it is not the top 40, on sailings 5+ days. Princess recognizes the top 20 plus a guest, so usually for a maximum of 40. You can have solo’s traveling who do not have a plus one/guest who qualify for top 20, thus the total at the MTG event will not be 40 passengers.

Princess looks at placement on a by cabin basis, so whomever has the highest number of days in that cabin is the qualifier, the other passengers numbers do not matter and will not be relevant to determine placement/ranking.

Many times the numbers are the same as couples who always travel together will have the same number, but sometimes one of a couple travels without the other so the numbers do not always match or may travel with someone with very little days or traveled on Princess before the other started.

In the rare case of a tie, I believe the tiebreaker is who has the higher number of cruise credits.

Good info! 

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

That's the way it was many years ago, so I guess nothing has changed much. We received an invitation to a Specialty restaurant at the time. 

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That's the way it was many years ago, so I guess nothing has changed much. We received an invitation to a Specialty restaurant at the time. 

Although I didn't make the cut on my recent cruise, the fellow I played cribbage with did; he and his wife enjoyed their lunch at the Crown Grill.

Edited by d9704011

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

Although I didn't make the cut on my recent cruise, the fellow I played cribbage with did; he and his wife enjoyed their lunch at the Crown Grill.

Either the lunch or dinner would be acceptable. 

Maybe dinner would be a better option unless you have some questions for the officer at the table. 

Although on second thought you wouldn't get a photo with the Capt. 

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Either the lunch or dinner would be acceptable. 

Maybe dinner would be a better option unless you have some questions for the officer at the table. 

Although on second thought you wouldn't get a photo with the Capt. 

Never seen a dinner. It's Captain's choice and normally lunch or Cocktail Party at night. Most Traveled Cruiser or Passenger top 40 max. Top three passengers sit at Capt table for lunches. Others sit with various officers. Picture taken with Capt. At Repeater Party top 3 introduced. Menu excellent with wine.

Excellent perk!

Happy Cruising! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

@Oxo, believe dinner reference was for sailings 4 days or less, where Top 10 usually receive letter invitation to use at a SD.

We aren’t there yet, but are working on it.  We keep seeing the same people those invites and never can seem to catch up.  It’s hard on the sailings from SF.  
we keep trying, though!