2 bookings I paid deposits on I no longer need

I have 2 bookings for April I no longer need.

I paid deposits then plans changed.

I now have a booking that is paid for (on the same date), but the 2 other bookings are due payments at the end of this month.  Can I just let them expire and they'll disappear from my account? Or do I need to phone Royal Caribbean to cancel them? Not paying them won't affect my paid for cruise will it?

6 minutes ago, davidrlewis2302 said:

I have 2 bookings for April I no longer need.

I paid deposits then plans changed.

I now have a booking that is paid for (on the same date), but the 2 other bookings are due payments at the end of this month.  Can I just let them expire and they'll disappear from my account? Or do I need to phone Royal Caribbean to cancel them? Not paying them won't affect my paid for cruise will it?

Refundable or nonrefundable deposits? Either way, why wouldn't you call to cancel and request your deposits back if applicable. 

3 minutes ago, davidrlewis2302 said:

They were non-refundable deposits so I'm not getting the money back! 

so if the booking just expires, is calling up to cancel just going to waste my time?

That's all on you. I know I'd call and cancel. IMO, it's the right thing to do. 

27 minutes ago, davidrlewis2302 said:

They were non-refundable deposits so I'm not getting the money back! 

so if the booking just expires, is calling up to cancel just going to waste my time?

How much was the depost?

You can move them to a different ship and sail date for a $100pp change fee which if your deposit is more that $200 it may be worth looking in to,

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 1:22 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

You can move them to a different ship and sail date for a $100pp change fee which if your deposit is more that $200 it may be worth looking in to,

Can the NRD $100p/p change fee just be added to the invoice for the new cruise or must you pay for the change with credit card at the time of change? Over the years I have changed cruises several times and they just added the $100p/p change fee to the invoice, no additional payments needed. Most recent April '23. Called today and C&A agent said must pay the change fee now. Was there a change made to the policy?

9 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

Can the NRD $100p/p change fee just be added to the invoice for the new cruise or must you pay for the change with credit card at the time of change? 

I would call and get a different agent.  Recently I moved a cruise and they just added the $100 PP fee onto the balance due on the replacement booking.  Didn’t pay anything at the time of the change.  US booking.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I would call and get a different agent.  Recently I moved a cruise and they just added the $100 PP fee onto the balance due on the replacement booking.  Didn’t pay anything at the time of the change.  US booking.

This.....I just (today) changed a ship/sail date where I had a $900 deposit and $700 of it was moved to the new booking which needed a $500 deposit.. I also didn't have to pay any additional amount.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

Can the NRD $100p/p change fee just be added to the invoice for the new cruise or must you pay for the change with credit card at the time of change? Over the years I have changed cruises several times and they just added the $100p/p change fee to the invoice, no additional payments needed. Most recent April '23. Called today and C&A agent said must pay the change fee now. Was there a change made to the policy?

It must be paid at the time of the change

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

This.....I just (today) changed a ship/sail date where I had a $900 deposit and $700 of it was moved to the new booking which needed a $500 deposit.. I also didn't have to pay any additional amount.

The official policy is that it must be paid at the time of the change.  You got lucky

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you did "pay" an additional amount at the time of transfer.  You "paid" $200 above the $500 deposit required for the new booking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you did "pay" an additional amount at the time of transfer.  You "paid" $200 above the $500 deposit required for the new booking.

I'm not looking at it that way. It all (except the change fee) went towards my final balance due in the end. 

Ok, called C&A today to try again, rep said was $100 cruise change fee. I responded, "it just gets added to the invoice and gets paid with final payment.?" He said yes, and went ahead and made the change. No additional funds needed. RCL, consistently inconsistent. 

• Like 1

Just now, WeatherFx said:

Ok, called C&A today to try again, rep said was $100 cruise change fee. I responded, "it just gets added to the invoice and gets paid with final payment.?" He said yes, and went ahead and made the change. No additional funds needed. RCL, consistently inconsistent. 

RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent