Aboard Serenity Jan 18-Feb 3: The Adventure Continues

ryndam

Rob has the right idea in so many ways.  There was a long line at 6:15 to dine at Waterside last night.  I went early because I needed to catch up on sleep and also was told that is when the solo tables were seated.  Noisy and only fair service as there were so many arrivals at once.  By 8:00 or so it was so much more pleasant.  

Going to work towards a later night schedule….  

Dwight

• Like 1

Other alternative theory.....O-O is not going with a single set menu, but is experimenting with multiple menus that rotate in and out as the cruise progresses.

Anyone want to bribe Paulo and get the real scoop?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Demand exceeding supply?

Surely can't be because of too many complaints.

I believe it may be a supply chain issue. I understand some provision containers didn’t make the ship in Miami. They’re hoping to catch up in Cartagena. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Demand exceeding supply?

Surely can't be because of too many complaints.

The carpaccio is on the Waterside menu for tomorrow.

Enroute to Cartagena. 40 knot winds. Force 8. It’s a bumpy ride today. Captain’s noon announcement said it will get worse before it gets better. We’re speeding along at 20+ knots in order to arrive in Cartagena tonight and expect to be docked by 10:00pm. This is to give both passengers and crew a peaceful sleep tonight, instead of another night of rocking and rolling.

Rob

• Like 4

What Rob said.  

I’m embarrassed to admit that I am suffering from a bout of seasickness.  My first in  15 years.  Maybe I should not have booked the forward room.

The front desk provided medication.  Hopefully that and a port day will help.

Dwight

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

What Rob said.  

I’m embarrassed to admit that I am suffering from a bout of seasickness.  My first in  15 years.  Maybe I should not have booked the forward room.

Dwight

Hang in there. I’d hate to see you disembark a world cruise at the first port of call! 

• Like 1

It was a rough ride today. First time in over 10 years I had to move the liquor bottles to the sofa. The Cabernet was 4” away from christening the carpet. We’re safely docked in Cartagena and the off duty crew are streaming down the gangway like ants heading to the sugar cube!

Rob

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, History&Wine said:

What Rob said.  

Dwight

I am sorry to hear about this Dwight. It was my concern when I have booked the forward solo cabins. Fortunately during my cruise, the seas were calm and I did not have to worry about being sea sick. However, the location of those cabins would be for me a problem for a World Cruise. 

Try taking a fresh ginger tea (with chopped ginger), eating apples and looking at the horizon. I have read that this helps. 

Ivi

Waterside was not crowded last night and the 10 pm show in the Galaxy was not full. We know of many guests who were not feeling well . Hopefully they will all

feel ok today now that the ship has been docked since 10 pm last night. 

• Like 1

Hope you feel better Dwight.

It happened to me one time on the former Seabourn Pride.  Firs and only time. I waited too long to take Bonine.

I find that if seas are rough during the day the Crystal Plaza/Cove is a great location.  Mid ship. Low deck. High ceiling.

Glad you are all docked.  Fresh air should help too.

Keith

Re: gin samplers. Our butler informed us that the gin sampler program ended on 1/18/24. We continue to receive samples because we are b2b holdovers from the previous cruise and our butler knows we are enjoying the samples. Full sized bottles are available in your cabin; just inform your butler of your preference.

Rob

• Like 1

9 hours ago, McCheese Off. Tester said:

Under dessert ... “THE ARCHITECT” | Gianduja Baileys Mousse, Hazelnut Nougatine Parfait ...

I would be interested in knowing why it is called "The Architect" ! And a CC Badge should be awarded to anyone who took a photo!!!

IMG_0025.jpeg

• Like 2

Rob, thank you for posting photos of supplies. I, for one, am always interested in the behind the scenes work that makes our time on board to wonderful.  Sometimes my mind boggles at the amount of supplies that arrive at the most remote destinations.  I realize Cartagena is a major port for onboarding supplies.  Remember a couple of weeks ago Serenity took delivery of furniture and it appeared we were off-loading some outdoor furniture (?).   Do you know what furniture was taken on and where on board it is heading?  I think it was mainly seating but not entirely sure.   Anyway, I was just curious.  Don't go out of your way to find the answer,  I just thought perhaps you know and I forgot to follow up when I was on board.  

Interesting the gin promotion has now expired.  I was told the husband of Cristina Levis is connected with the distribution company that represented those gin brands.  Not sure if that was an accurate piece of information.

Glad you have all stopped bouncing around to catch your breath.  Nothing worse than feeling sea sick and it happens to the best of us once in a while.  Dwight, we all feel your pain.  Hang in there 🙂

Edited by goldengatecruisers
  • Like 1

Speaking of offloading, etc.  Does anyone know if Crystal offloads all the various holiday decorations, costumes, etc - store them somewhere and then ship to a port before the holiday occurs again.  I can't imagine the ships have room to store all that stuff on board

Disappointed that the pool is empty and closed today. Harbor water too polluted to use, I was told. Pool will be refilled starting 4pm after we sail today. The jacuzzi’s are open, but it’s like 100-degree-in-the-shade today, so that’s not a refreshing option. 🥲

Rob