Aboard Serenity Jan 18-Feb 3: The Adventure Continues

ryndam

Just now, ryndam said:

Disappointed that the pool is empty and closed today. Harbor water too polluted to use, I was told. Pool will be refilled starting 4pm after we sail today. The jacuzzi’s are open, but it’s like 100-degree-in-the-shade today, so that’s not a refreshing option. 🥲

Rob

Too bad you don't have enough Gin left. You could fill the pool. 🤣

Keith

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Too bad you don't have enough Gin left. You could fill the pool. 🤣

Keith

😵‍💫🙄😳😳🙄😵‍💫

That’s a good project for someone to figure out how many “airplane” bottles it would take to fill the pool!

Patty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

😵‍💫🙄😳😳🙄😵‍💫

That’s a good project for someone to figure out how many “airplane” bottles it would take to fill the pool!

Patty

Probably close to a million, assuming at 50,000 liter pool and 50ml airline bottles!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad I was in our room. I did a grand save as the Grey Goose and Cabernet went flying again. The liquor bottles sleep on the sofa tonight. The wind 💨 s blowing from the aft so it’s not quite as bumpy as yesterday, but we definitely know we’re at sea. 

Rob

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ryndam said:

Glad I was in our room. I did a grand save as the Grey Goose and Cabernet went flying again. The liquor bottles sleep on the sofa tonight. The wind 💨 s blowing from the aft so it’s not quite as bumpy as yesterday, but we definitely know we’re at sea. 

Rob

As Captain Vorland explained when we were on the 2020 WC, these are called "The Christmas Winds", a very steady and very strong wind from the northeast at this time of year. We had the heavy seas on the way to Cartagena, and also lost two port stops to them on the west coast of Central America.

On 1/21/2024 at 10:37 PM, McCheese Off. Tester said:

Under dessert ... “THE ARCHITECT” | Gianduja Baileys Mousse, Hazelnut Nougatine Parfait ...

I would be interested in knowing why it is called "The Architect" ! And a CC Badge should be awarded to anyone who took a photo!!!

There is a photo on the Crystal Society Family FB page.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My husband ordered “The Architect” last night and we puzzled about the name when it came. If you squinted your eyes, it did look a bit like a tiny toy village. 

That’s all we could come up with. But he said that it was very tasty. 

Emily

• Like 1

This going to be a very lengthy transit today. We just cleared the Gatun locks, nearly an hour later than originally anticipated. It is hot and steamy today. Shade, A/C and hydrating liquids are in order today. 

Rob

IMG_9138.jpeg

IMG_9137.jpeg

IMG_9139.jpeg

IMG_9145.jpeg

IMG_9147.jpeg

• Like 5

ryndam,

thank you for the fabulous canal photographs.  they were very clear and very interesting to see how close you were to the concrete walls.  did any paint get scratched?  what a wonderful voyage you are having.  i do follow along every day but don't always post to your trip.  anyway, bon voyage!

3 hours ago, ryndam said:

This close!

IMG_6492.jpeg

IMG_6490.jpeg

Most people don't realize that both ships are actually Pana-Max in terms of width, if not length, and virtually every crossing they leave with "Panama Racing Stripes" from close contact with a lock wall!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

ryndam,

thank you for the fabulous canal photographs.  they were very clear and very interesting to see how close you were to the concrete walls.  did any paint get scratched?  what a wonderful voyage you are having.  i do follow along every day but don't always post to your trip.  anyway, bon voyage!

Our unofficial observation: the ship “kissed” the canal concrete at least 5 times during the transit. The “bump” was noticeable when it occurred. I’m guessing the hull painters will be busy once we reach Caldera. 

Rob

• Like 3