Aboard Serenity Jan 18-Feb 3: The Adventure Continues

ryndam

We hope you both enjoy this next segment.  Glad we had some cocktail time the other evening together in Palm Court.  We will be following along so keep up with the great commentary and thank you for taking time out of your days to do so. 

Ashley

Love that space to wait to board at Pier E. It was the site of my last two Crystal cruises!

Thank you, Rob, for your great posts. Bon voyage to you both.

Edited by May B

44 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Indeed - Bon Voyage to everyone onboard

I wonder how many full World Cruisers there are?

IMG_8088.thumb.png.9f500677108454fcc8f50131054e74e6.png

I believe 200 was posted on Fb

nancy

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 2

Reflections and menus attached.

Great day. Sooooo many Crystal friends, sailors and WC’s onboard. The amount of provisions loaded today in Miami was impressive. Truck after truck after truck of produce, liquor, parts and pieces.

Rob

1A50CF2A-7D2E-491B-A215-23156134BAED.pdf

F8BCDCA3-4DD8-42B6-BD7D-4B1F6AECDC0B.pdf 404C5FB2-9397-4472-B5AD-B82DBC7EA43F.pdf

Edited by ryndam
Typo

Approximately. 625 pax on this segment, so near capacity.  

Great to be home on Serenity.  

In keeping with balanced reporting, I will mention that service was very slow in the Stardust last night for the world cruise event,   55 minutes from ordering from a limited menu to receiving the appetizer.  I wish I had dined at Waterside.  

Dwight

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Captain just announced a medical emergency for a crew member. We are now diverting to Key West. Due to the diversion, our call to Grand Cayman tomorrow has been canceled. Key West arrival in about 4 hours.

Rob

• Thanks 4

The ship stopped about 6-8 miles or so offshore Key West. A US Coast Guard cutter tied up next to the ship and the patient was transferred to the cutter. We’re back on our way to Cartagena now. The captain made a PA announcement that the crew member was transferred to a hospital and is stabilized. Stuff happens.

Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Today’s menus and Reflections. We were supposed to be in Grand Cayman today, but the medical emergency diversion caused the port stop to be canceled. So it’s a sea day and the activities have been adjusted accordingly.

Rob

CAEC30FB-4C05-4DC6-AB1D-3B71B7BEFA1A.pdf 03D55D09-364A-42C0-90B5-365C35CF70B3.pdf 3D071DD4-0658-4970-8693-B7287F0B198B.pdf

• Thanks 1

Because of the bad weather earlier in the week the Avenue saloon entertainers flight to Miami was cancelled and he was supposed to meet the ship in grand cayman. Since the grand cayman stop was cancelled because of the crew medical emergency we are thinking the Avenue saloon entertainer will board the ship in Cartagena on Monday . 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

Because of the bad weather earlier in the week the Avenue saloon entertainers flight to Miami was cancelled and he was supposed to meet the ship in grand cayman. Since the grand cayman stop was cancelled because of the crew medical emergency we are thinking the Avenue saloon entertainer will board the ship in Cartagena on Monday . 

Ship gossip is always interesting. I’d heard he didn’t join the ship in Miami because there was a visa issue and that he was to join in Grand Cayman, now Cartagena, hopefully. A detail and the result is the same. 

Patty

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

And yes the Avenue has been about as dead as I can ever remember…

On the contrary. You must be there on the “early shift”. It has been quite lively after 11p to closing. And well attended during the pre-dinner 6-7:15p set. Parallel universes. lol.

Rob

1 minute ago, History&Wine said:

Yes Rob.  I’m still recovering from messed up flights.  My impressions of the Avenue have been in the 8:00 to 9:30 range.  I’ve gone to the Cove pre dinner.  

Dwight, even on the last cruise with Mark Farris in attendance, the crowd was very sparse until about 9:15p. His pre-dinner 6:30-7:15p set was also a 50/50 guess on attendance.

Rob