LIVE: Celebrity Beyond January 19, 2024 10 Night Ultimate Southern Caribbean

bnurick

Do you have reservations for Dinner on Edge?

Which other specialty restaurants will you be trying?

Your Fine Cut Steakhouse dinner looked wonderful 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, theopup said:

Do you have reservations for Dinner on Edge?

Which other specialty restaurants will you be trying?

Your Fine Cut Steakhouse dinner looked wonderful 

Good morning from Barbados where we have decided to get a late start and take it easy before lunch on the island. Here is our upcoming dining schedule: (6) Luminae (7) Rooftop Grill (8) Le Voyage (9) Luminae Lobster Night (10) Eden. Cheers, 🥂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Barbados has never been our favorite port; usually a shuttle (not today, a first) and cruise ship booked excursions feel like loosely organized chaos at the bus staging area. On our last trip, we were given some advice to try “Lobster Alive” with a reservation.

A quick taxi ride for $20 each way and we were there and back. We tried the spring rolls, grilled lobster and lobster thermidor. Very yummy and would do again. Menu included in local dollars 2/1 for USD.

Cheers! 🥂 

IMG_9816.jpeg

IMG_9812.jpeg

IMG_9815.jpeg

IMG_9806.jpeg

IMG_9805.jpeg

IMG_9809.jpeg

IMG_9810.jpeg

IMG_9811.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bnurick said:

Barbados has never been our favorite port; usually a shuttle (not today, a first) and cruise ship booked excursions feel like loosely organized chaos at the bus staging area. On our last trip, we were given some advice to try “Lobster Alive” with a reservation.

A quick taxi ride for $20 each way and we were there and back. We tried the spring rolls, grilled lobster and lobster thermidor. Very yummy and would do again. Menu included in local dollars 2/1 for USD.

Cheers! 🥂 

IMG_9816.jpeg

IMG_9812.jpeg

IMG_9815.jpeg

IMG_9806.jpeg

IMG_9805.jpeg

IMG_9809.jpeg

IMG_9810.jpeg

IMG_9811.jpeg

making me crave lobster!

how did u make the reservations?

We Like Barbados but agree about chaotic bus terminal.. 

We used  to get beautiful flowers to take back on board from a  vendor in the port bldg.. also some nice non touristy shops from what I recall

Edited by hcat

15 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Quick question - do you know if one of the Eden bartenders is Daniel from Romania?  

Sorry, do not know. Cheers.

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

making me crave lobster!

We used  to get beautiful flowers to take back on board from a  vendor in the port bldg.. also some nice non touristy shops from what I recall

Made reservations over their website. It gets confirmed with an email back. Received a reminder 72 hours before. When I arrived, they had a table diagram printed and our name was assigned a table. Next time we would do inside, more of a porch, not the beach. They have candles for flies, but I’d bring something stronger next time.

We booked via X a catamaran excursion tomorrow that includes… wait for it… LOBSTER!

Cheers!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Made reservations over their website. It gets confirmed with an email back. Received a reminder 72 hours before. When I arrived, they had a table diagram printed and our name was assigned a table. Next time we would do inside, more of a porch, not the beach. They have candles for flies, but I’d bring something stronger next time.

We booked via X a catamaran excursion tomorrow that includes… wait for it… LOBSTER!

Cheers!

Can't wait for the catamaran with lobster lunch review.  I have that booked in March, curious on where the catamaran stops.  Antigua has so much to do and see.   Thanks again!! 🥂

6 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

Can't wait for the catamaran with lobster lunch review.  I have that booked in March, curious on where the catamaran stops.  Antigua has so much to do and see.   Thanks again!! 🥂

Sure thing. We’ve done this two times before. It’s usually a beach stop or two and lunch where they char-up the lobster off the back of the catamaran. A relaxing 5-6 hours…

If I recall, I have them take the life preserver with rope and tie it to the back and just let me float for a while at stops.

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bnurick said:

Cheers!

thanks!  will note for our next time at Barbados..

More Lobster.. love it..my husb is allergic but I'll take his!

• Thanks 1

We will be on the March 1st sailing of Beyond.   In a Sky Suite.   

FYI for anyone looking for a sailing experience on ANTIGUA.  We have a private charter booked with On Deck sailing for 4hrs on a 40ft Beneteau   .  Have space for 2 or 4 more if anyone is interested.  

Contact Ray at rrobin4321@gmail.com.  

3 hours ago, hcat said:

making me crave lobster!

Our go to place is Peebles beach in Barbados.( beside the Hilton) There is a local fish cutter truck wagon with a killer flying fish sandwich.( Cuz)

amazing !  That is our lunch ! lol ( get it with cheese)

if you ever want a beach day with a cheap,but amazing fish sandwich ,

give it a try !

The crew go here …so you know it’s good ! 
cheers

• Thanks 1

Night #6 - Luminae 2.0

Told our Head Butler we would give Luminae another try tonight after our first experience. I’ve been told by friends on the ship they are working hard to get kinks worked out for all of The Retreat guests. I am hopeful my discussion with the Maitre’d helped in some way.

We were greeted very warmly and were given three options for seating. We picked a booth.

The Maitre’d Marjan came by to welcome us. Shortly thereafter our server Ali came by and explained “The Classics Menu” listed below, as this was very helpful, as well as menus for the evening:

Classics Menu
Caesar Salad
Escargot
French Onion Soup
Shrimp Cocktail

Chicken Breast
New York Strip
Salmon

Apple Pie al a Mode
Cream Brûlée
NY Style Cheesecake

Below is what we ordered and our ratings. Since we are at Eden on Night #10 our request for the filet mignon was accommodated:

🔸Amuse Busch: English Pea w/ Crab Salad B
(Just not our thing and that’s OK)
🔸Shrimp Cocktail B+
🔸Ginger Crab Cake A-
(Enjoyed the subtle spiciness)
🔸Filet Mignon A+
(Stunning Quality and Preparation)
🔸Creme Brûlée A
🔸Dark Chocolate Ganache B+
🔸Service A+ (Mr. Ali did a wonderful job and made sure all his support team were supporting him)
🔹Overall A

To us this was a stunning reversal from our last meal.

Looking forward to Night #9 back in Luminae now and definitely will request Ali as our server.

I also included the kids menu…

Cheers! 🥂 

IMG_9819.jpeg

IMG_9820.jpeg

IMG_9822.jpeg

IMG_9825.jpeg

IMG_9828.jpeg

IMG_9829.jpeg

IMG_9818.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, hcat said:

thanks!  will note for our next time at Barbados..

More Lobster.. love it..my husb is allergic but I'll take his!

French fries and a rum punch and he will be fine. 😂 You enjoy the lobster! 😊 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

It is a very good excursion with many repeat cruisers. You will enjoy it. We have done it 3 times now.

It’s official, an unscheduled at sea day. The seas and wind were rough all last night and into this morning. The pilot boat was being tossed around. Apps get refreshed at 11am ship time. Cheers from Cafe al Bacio! ️ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bnurick said:

It’s official, an unscheduled at sea day. The seas and wind were rough all last night and into this morning. The pilot boat was being tossed around. Apps get refreshed at 11am ship time. Cheers from Cafe al Bacio! ️ 

Sorry to hear that.

I was looking forward to your pictures.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Awe, that is disappointing, make it a great sea day! 🥂

59 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Every Live I have been reading this winter so far has not had great weather. Saw on another thread a RCCL ship could not dock in Casa Maya yesterday because of winds, Of course winds are always blowing there.

We are sailing for a month in about two weeks and hope weather starts to change. we are mostly ship people anyway but do like some of the Islands we are stopping at. 

Enjoy the sea day! 

Cheers!